Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For a phone call from the council

• 16-10-2020 3:37pm

Hi all I’m on the housing list nearly 5 years now and I got a phone call to come down or the town all for 10am Wednesday for an assessment. I asked was I being offered something and she said we will talk in person and wanted to know what payment I’m on and I said disability and she said she will see me Wednesday don’t forget.

Is this a sign of getting something as the last 5 years have been awful for me.

Please god now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Good luck to you! I'm 10+ years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Who are you meeting, is it a housing liaison officer?
    That might give you an indication.

Who are you meeting, is it a housing liaison officer?
    That might give you an indication.

Housing officer yes for a meeting at 10pm

Good luck to you! I'm 10+ years now.

Thank you and I hope you get sorted also

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just bear in mind that there is a number of local authorities carrying out assessments to see if people are eligible for housing ,
    Go in with an open mind just in case that's all it is , depending on what housing list your on 5 years doesn't sound like a lot of time ,I know last year south Dublin applicants who got housed were 10+ years on the waiting list ,
    Are you using the choice based lettings website at all

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Just bear in mind that there is a number of local authorities carrying out assessments to see if people are eligible for housing ,
    Go in with an open mind just in case that's all it is , depending on what housing list your on 5 years doesn't sound like a lot of time ,I know last year south Dublin applicants who got housed were 10+ years on the waiting list ,
    Are you using the choice based lettings website at all
    Choice based letting is not here in limerick, well it was but it was only for one house

Hopefully something good will happen Wednesday god going

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dangee4050

Any updates? They normally offer a few weeks after those calls

Dangee4050 wrote: »
    Any updates? They normally offer a few weeks after those calls

I had my assessment on Wednesday and I went in and they asked me questions like could I take care of a place max pay bills and rent and asked me if I drank or smoke and have I ever been in trouble with the law etc? then she said she has to write up a report and it will go up to allocations team.

What does that mean? Good sign?

Were you asked for bank statements and photo Id etc?
    If you were asked for the above with those questions in your interview, it’s very likely you are going to receive an offer within the coming weeks/months. Have you selected approved housing bodies on your application? Good luck.

Were you asked for bank statements and photo Id etc?
    If you were asked for the above with those questions in your interview, it’s very likely you are going to receive an offer within the coming weeks/months. Have you selected approved housing bodies on your application? Good luck.

I wasn’t asked for bank statement or photo id I was called in because a TD I deal with got me this assessment.

Yes I have selected approved housing bodies on my application.

So you think I might be offered something soon? God I hope so and thank you.

• Advertisement

It sounds like an assessment ,5 years out of an average of 10+ across the country isn't that long on the list , especially if you don't have children or urgent medical needs that would require you to be housed .
    If there is not many 1 bed properties you could be waiting another good few years.

Sorry I didn't realise, that you don't have children and your down for a one bed? In that case it could be just an assessment, considering a TD was involved. In my experience they're not much help.
    Housing bodies seem to be the only ones building one bed properties at the moment. I've heard of people being housed after 5 years in different counties so you never know.

Sorry I didn't realise, that you don't have children and your down for a one bed? In that case it could be just an assessment, considering a TD was involved. In my experience they're not much help.
    Housing bodies seem to be the only ones building one bed properties at the moment. I've heard of people being housed after 5 years in different counties so you never know.

I hope so and thank you for your reply

Got a phone after 4 years I got an apartment it’s two bedrooms I’m getting the letter tomorrow I’m so excited

I don’t I have anything it will be a empty place so what can I do for help aka bed, fridge, freezer washing machine and more I have nothing.

Ah delighted for you , congratulations on your new home ,

Contact social welfare your likely entitled to an exceptional needs payments to help with furniture ,bed ,and some white goods ,some welfare officers aren't as generous as others ,for all else st Vincents , charity shops , Facebook or adverts

Gatling wrote: »
    Ah delighted for you , congratulations on your new home ,

Contact social welfare your likely entitled to an exceptional needs payments to help with furniture ,bed ,and some white goods ,some welfare officers aren't as generous as others ,for all else st Vincents , charity shops , Facebook or adverts

Thank you

Advertisement