Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

So was wondering would people think it's worth it ordering this from USA.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/kallax-insert-for-bottles-white-80401292/

My Sister was talking about it and they don't do them here.

It would cost $5 to get it delivered to the Addresspal in US and then somewhere between €15.99 and €20.99 to get it from Addresspal plus wherever customs calculate.

I'd probably make 10 of them for the price if I was able.

But I like to get gifts of things that the person wants and won't get themselves.

I suppose part of me is curious about the Addresspal US too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Similar on Etsy for a fraction of what it would cost you via US AddressPal.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/252908915/ikea-kallax-expedit-regal-use-for-9

Similar on Etsy for a fraction of what it would cost you via US AddressPal.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/252908915/ikea-kallax-expedit-regal-use-for-9

Thank you very much. I've heard of Etsy but never used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Thank you very much. I've heard of Etsy but never used it.

It's a very reliable site - well, it's like eBay in that it's just full of vendors selling their own stuff so it depends who you're buying from. That seller has nearly 900 reviews, with 30+ for that item alone so seems reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

I ordered a digital camera last week from Amazon and never even considered the battery an issue. I've no doubt it has been intercepted, and rightly so, it is 100% my fault.

I'm looking for some advice on what to do, my understanding is that Addresspal return items to the seller, so if I log a return to Amazon, this should suffice? I'm flying blind a little bit as haven't gotten any notification from Addresspal and it's a significant amount I've spent - albeit I understand that I am likely to incur a cost because of my stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey, first time using Address Pal. I got word from Honor (the selling website) and their courier DHL that the package was delivered yesterday.

I have it set to be pick up at local post office. Just wondering roughly what sort of timeframe am I looking at now for it to land in the local post office?

I read that I wont get any notification from An Post now until its ready for pick up right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey, first time using Address Pal. I got word from Honor (the selling website) and their courier DHL that the package was delivered yesterday.

I have it set to be pick up at local post office. Just wondering roughly what sort of timeframe am I looking at now for it to land in the local post office?

I read that I wont get any notification from An Post now until its ready for pick up right?

Usually 3-4 working days for me anyway

That's right no notification until it's ready for collection.

It's a while since I used Addresspal so maybe others have a different experience but I think it's about 7-10 days between drop off and ready for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I usually use the collect from PO service but decided to try home delivery. It says delivery in 3 to 4 working days but my item has been showing as at Heathrow for two days.

Anyone know if AP Home deliveries happen on a Saturday in Galway? I have an item showing in Dublin today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone know if AP Home deliveries happen on a Saturday in Galway? I have an item showing in Dublin today.

If your local post gets delivered on Saturdays yes. If not, no.

If your local post gets delivered on Saturdays yes. If not, no.

I have just read that parcels can be delivered but not mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

I am trying to figure out which of these services is best. Should I be using parcel motel, parcel wizard or address pal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I am trying to figure out which of these services is best. Should I be using parcel motel, parcel wizard or address pal ?

Parcel Motel are definitely the fastest in my experience. Most parcels are stored between 2-4 am the next day in my motel if they are delivered early enough to Newtownabbey. The rest are nearly always stored by the following night. Their customer service isn't supposed to be great but I haven't had reason to contact them in years.

I've only used AddressPal a few times and haven't had any problems. They are significantly slower than PM however, about 5 days on average. I only tend to use them when sellers won't ship to NI.

I haven't used Parcel Wizard in over a year now because I had some bad experiences. The home delivery at no extra cost is handy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Never had any problems with Pparcel wizard,saying that no problems with Address Pal either but only use when i have too,haven't used parcel motel in a long time because don't deliver to door.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They all do more or less the same thing, its just up to you and what suits you better. All will have issues from time to time.

Example; If you work in an office, and cant get deliveries to work, then parcel motel makes sense as you cant get to a post office, and you're not home to accept PW delivery.

Example; if your working at home, then PW will deliver it to you for the same price as PM.

• Do you prefer to collect out of hours? - Parcel motel is best for this, but PW do have shops you can collect from but depends on location.
    • Do you prefer home delivery? - PW is best as it cost is the same as collection, and very flexible on size.
    • Need to deliver to UK mainland? - If so then its AddressPal.

Two items were delivered to AP UK on Tuesday for home delivery. One got to me on Thursday & the other is still showing as "Sorted in Park West Dublin" on the 11th Tuesday - so almost a week ago. I paid €9. Has anyone ever been refunded for late delivery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just to update my own experience, it took two more days and I had notification my package was ready for pick up. So in total it took a turnaround of 4 days. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

My perspective :

ParcelMotel : Have used them probably close to 100 times, generally found them very good and having option of 24/7 collection is very flexible. Delivery can be a bit slower (3-4 days as opposed to 1-2 after it arrives at their hub) as expected in very busy times coming up to Christmas etc. If you are close to a Nightline depot then oversize parcels can be collected there but there is an extra cost. Also can be used for sending parcels at pretty reasonable rates. Any time I have contacted their customer support I found them very helpful.

AddressPal : Only used them once but had a dreadful experience as their customer support is shockingly bad. My parcel was never found even though it had tracked delivery to their UK hub. So from my point of view would not use them again.

ParcelWizard : have an account but never used so no idea really!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Hi All

First time using AP I got a package delivered to there NJ location, when will I or even will I hear anything before it arrives at my door, I see people talking about tracking ect how did the get tracking numbers ??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

eiei0 wrote: »
    Hi All

First time using AP I got a package delivered to there NJ location, when will I or even will I hear anything before it arrives at my door, I see people talking about tracking ect how did the get tracking numbers ??

Thanks

You should get an email with a tracking number a few days after it is delivered to NJ.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eiei0 wrote: »
    Hi All

Thanks

First Post in the thread explains all: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

• Registered Users Posts: 42 L_S1991

Looking to use Address Pal to order some things from Target in the US. When I add things to my basket, it says they'll be delivered on different days (some have 2 day shipping, some have standard shipping etc.), so I am now wondering, will Address Pal charge me for multiple deliveries if they receive them separately/ship them separately? Anyone have any experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭seekers

L_S1991 wrote: »
    Looking to use Address Pal to order some things from Target in the US. When I add things to my basket, it says they'll be delivered on different days (some have 2 day shipping, some have standard shipping etc.), so I am now wondering, will Address Pal charge me for multiple deliveries if they receive them separately/ship them separately? Anyone have any experience of this?

Probably will they charge per parcel even when delivered together

L_S1991 wrote: »

Yep, as said above. They'll be treated as separate packages and you'll be charged per package that arrives. They won't be collated for postage or customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

So I used AddressPal to buy an item last week, it was delivered on Monday but there's been no movement on it despite another separate item arriving on Monday and being delivered yesterday. After thinking about it, it may be a prohibited item. What is the process for that? Is it sent back to the store?

So I used AddressPal to buy an item last week, it was delivered on Monday but there's been no movement on it despite another separate item arriving on Monday and being delivered yesterday. After thinking about it, it may be a prohibited item. What is the process for that? Is it sent back to the store?

I had an item delivered last Monday which is still in transit.

Meanwhile, I had another delivered on Tuesday which is now with me and one on the Thursday which is in customs.

So could be a delay on whatever carrier was in that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I had an item delivered last Monday which is still in transit.

Meanwhile, I had another delivered on Tuesday which is now with me and one on the Thursday which is in customs.

So could be a delay on whatever carrier was in that route.
    Weird. I got the notification that it was delivered by DPD in the UK but have heard nothing from AddressPal. I guess I'll just stay optimistic.

Weird. I got the notification that it was delivered by DPD in the UK but have heard nothing from AddressPal. I guess I'll just stay optimistic.

I should say mine were all US deliveries. But still, Monday was a weird day for tracking for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If its on the prohibited list they'll send it back if they find it.

Advertisement