Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Herd Test Requirements

• 17-05-2021 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I've had to change my system of farming and wondered how it affects my herd test. I cannot fodder over the winter any longer so I'm buying in yearlings in March/April and selling on around October. One bunch of cattle I bought were tested in December and the other in August. If I sold the cattle before their date is out, do I have still have to do my own herd test? (I used always test in May). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

I think you are obliged to have a herd test annually whether or which, usually by a set date during the year. If you stray too far out from that date, then you would be restricted eventually. E.g. say the date was usually mid-December, even though you have no stock on hand then. When you want to buy in a few, say in March, you may be allowed but may not be allowed sell them again without testing even if they were currently 'in-test', the restriction would kick in at some point. Your DVO should advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 din090782

Thanks for that. Wasn't sure but probably thought I'd have to test alright.

Advertisement