Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Reed Sensor Question

Options
  • 15-05-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The cover of the old sensor finanaly gave up the ghost and I am now getting an open zone on this unit. Thought I would get away with just replaceing the cover but newer unit is smaller. Can any tell me what goes where please.

Old unit:
    Black is -12V
    Red is +12V
    Yellow is data
    Blue is unused
    Tappper is bridged

New Unit
    Middle two scews are tapper
    Next pair of screws are sensor but done see any + or-
    Out pair are marked Reed/Spare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

cubix wrote: »
    Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The cover of the old sensor finanaly gave up the ghost and I am now getting an open zone on this unit. Thought I would get away with just replaceing the cover but newer unit is smaller. Can any tell me what goes where please.

Old unit:
    Black is -12V
    Red is +12V
    Yellow is data
    Blue is unused
    Tappper is bridged

New Unit
    Middle two scews are tapper
    Next pair of screws are sensor but done see any + or-
    Out pair are marked Reed/Spare

Your new sensor is the wrong model, you should have gotten a Point ID Reed Sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

You will need engineer access to delete the old ID sensor and add a new one.

Advertisement