Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heaters stopped working

• 15-05-2021 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

Hi. My mums apartment has 3 storage heaters. Dimplex XT model. All have stopped working at the same time, no change to thermoststs or anything.

One of them has a fan/convector, thr fan works and heat comes out, but storage heating not working on it. So this one is getting some sort of electricity.

No tripped switch on the fuse boards. Any ideas? Could it be an issue with night rate not kicking in or something? Flummoxed here....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Junglejoe

Hi. My mums apartment has 3 storage heaters. Dimplex XT model. All have stopped working at the same time, no change to thermoststs or anything.

One of them has a fan/convector, thr fan works and heat comes out, but storage heating not working on it. So this one is getting some sort of electricity.

No tripped switch on the fuse boards. Any ideas? Could it be an issue with night rate not kicking in or something? Flummoxed here....

It's probably the control circuit somewhere

Is there a master thermostat on a wall for storage heating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I had a look at the meters down in the garage.

She seems to have 2. One black one that had a day/night meter in it.

Alongside is a white one made by Sangamo that seems to be a 24hr clock type thing. This seems to be stuck and I think might be the issue. The ones linked to the other apartments are keeping time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Junglejoe

I had a look at the meters down in the garage.

She seems to have 2. One black one that had a day/night meter in it.

Alongside is a white one made by Sangamo that seems to be a 24hr clock type thing. This seems to be stuck and I think might be the issue. The ones linked to the other apartments are keeping time.

That's prob it

The control side is MCB> clock>stat or devireg> contactor

It's usually one of them when the lot goes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Junglejoe wrote: »
    That's prob it

The control side is MCB> clock>stat or devireg> contactor

It's usually one of them when the lot goes

Yeah the outside clock is stuck at 22:30, just before the little "on" arm behind the main dial.

Would it be ESB that I should contact to sort this out?

Advertisement