Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoos and personality

• 07-05-2021 11:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’ve just booked tattoo number 4. The first I got when I was 18, the second when I was 20, the third in my late 20s. Now I’m in my early 40’s. Obviously over that time my tastes and interests have changed. My sister says the tattoos all convey different personalities and they don’t belong on the same person. The 3 current ones are all shades of blue, the new one will be pink so they will match fairly well in colour. My sister doesn’t believe me when I say I don’t regret any of them. If I did I’d get a coverup tattoo rather than one in a whole new place. Has anyone else here encountered opinions like this? What is your own opinion? All my tattoos are personal and have meaning to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I’ve just booked tattoo number 4. The first I got when I was 18, the second when I was 20, the third in my late 20s. Now I’m in my early 40’s. Obviously over that time my tastes and interests have changed. My sister says the tattoos all convey different personalities and they don’t belong on the same person. The 3 current ones are all shades of blue, the new one will be pink so they will match fairly well in colour. My sister doesn’t believe me when I say I don’t regret any of them. If I did I’d get a coverup tattoo rather than one in a whole new place. Has anyone else here encountered opinions like this? What is your own opinion? All my tattoos are personal and have meaning to me.

IMHO. If you pick a tattoo out of a book or one pre-designed then its not personal unless you give it some adjustments. It could have a personal meaning etc but for me, I design the idea and my artist does the rest inline with my wishes. Taking a pre-design and say adding personal bits or colours personalise it for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Yes I agree completely with that. The last one I designed myself. This one will be a bit more intricate so I got a more artsy friend to do this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yes I agree completely with that. The last one I designed myself. This one will be a bit more intricate so I got a more artsy friend to do this one.

I have a couple that mean nothing, was when I was younger though. I then got two that did. My last two on my forearm didn't though, I just liked them lol. Although they weren't picked from a book ha

Just to say, I don't agree with your sisters opinion 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Two of mine are personal.

The rest are absolutely meaningless.

This notion that all tattoos have to have meaning and some sort of logic is unadulterated nonsense.

Advertisement