Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to get the best price on MyProtein

• 30-04-2021 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

Here's a handy guide that I found a few months back on HotUKDeals. I've been using it myself and shared with a few others and we've all been able to get better prices than what is shown in whatever promotion they are currently running

Hope it comes in useful for some on here that use the site....

"TLDR; To maximise savings, you will need to do two orders, see below for explanation and details. If you don't want to do two baskets, try both EXTRA and DOMIMYP and see what comes out cheapest. If DOMIMYP doesn't get 47% off, try the other codes below.

Edit for details and explanation: After reading comments where people were getting different prices, I tried varying the basket contents while using different codes. Item prices were changing depending on what was in the basket(!) as well as on the code used (e.g. I tried adding coconut PB and price of the crunchy PB went up a few pence). The weird basket behaviour was driving me crazy so I spent an hour experimenting and figured out that EXTRA (25% off) works on sale prices in the "up to 60%" off sale and DOMIMYP (47% off) works on non-sale/RRP prices sitewide. This seems pretty obvious but what makes it confusing is that, when you use DOMIMYP, the individual item prices change depending on what you have in the basket (no idea why) so you don't get 47% off each item but you do get 47% off overall. This means that individual items can appear cheaper than they actually are with DOMIMYP.

The items in the "up to 60%" off sale are discounted varying amounts (i.e. some 60% some only 20%) so you have to figure out at what point the DOMIMYP code becomes better. Because of the weird way DOMIMYP affects individual prices, the only way to compare EXTRA and DOMIMYP is either to do the maths or to put a single item in the basket and try both codes. From the maths, 29.3% off is the point at which using EXTRA (25% off sale) or DOMIMYP (47% of RRP) will both give the same discount. So, if you want to maximise your savings by doing two baskets, look at the red number showing the "Save" amount and use EXTRA where "Save" is more than 29.3% of the RRP and use DOMIMYP where "Save" is less than 29.3% of the RRP.

You can calculate the percentage saving with a search engine using Save/RRP*100 (i.e. for Impact Diet Whey 2.5 kg 28.79/49.99*100 = 57.6). I went through and I think that up to and including Oats & Whey Protein Bar, EXTRA is better, while starting from and including Carb Crusher, DOMIMYP is better. Bear in mind that this is for the default item when you click a product, larger packs usually have better discounts (i.e. Diet Whey 250 g is cheaper with DOMIMYP but 1kg and 2.5 kg are cheaper with EXTRA). This means having two baskets, one using EXTRA (for e.g. Halloween whey bundle and large packs of diet whey) and another using DOMIMYP (for e.g. peanut butter, flavdrops and clear whey).

Props to MyProtein for making life so complicated and my sincere apologies to all for the confusion.

For extra fun, the sitewide discount codes seem to randomly change in how much discount they give so, as G_M_8_2 suggested, it's worth trying different codes to see what gives you the cheapest price.

Here are all the codes I've found on this thread so far:
    EXTRA "You've saved 25% off SALE"
    DOMIMYP "Dominique Asgeirsdottir 47% off!" *credit goes to G_M_8_2
    BEAST "Eddie Hall 30% off" (original code when it was giving 37% off)
    HONEY2021UK "Exclusive: 37% off Best Sellers"
    HONEYGOLD "Exclusive: 37% off Best Sellers"
    BOZ "Alex Bozinovski 37% off!" *credit goes to G_M_8_2
    MARINOVIP "Marino Katsouris 37% off!" *credit goes to G_M_8_2
    35TOTUM "Exclusive 35% off" *credit goes to N3M3S15
    STOLTMANS 40%? *credit goes to CMoore23
    VBOX40 "40% off when you spend £20" *credit goes to Tellly
    MATT "MattDoesFitness 30% off" *credit goes to raoulx
    THURSTON "Mike Thurston | Exclusive 30% off" *credit goes to raoulx

Examples:

Impact Diet Whey 1 kg
    RRP £22.99
    Sale price £14.39 (37.4% off - this is more than the 29.3% threshold)
    With EXTRA code £10.79 (53.1% off)
    With DOMIMYP code £12.18 (47.0% off)

MP Men's Fuel Your Ambition Print T-shirt - Black
    RRP £18.00
    Sale price £12.99 (27.8% off - this is less than the 29.3% threshold)
    With EXTRA code £9.74 (45.9% off)
    With DOMIMYP code £9.54 (47.0% off)

All-Natural Peanut Butter 1 kg Crunchy
    RRP £6.99
    Sale price £4.98 (28.8% off)
    With EXTRA code £3.73 (46.6% off)
    With DOMIMYP code £3.70 (47.1% off)

Lots of people like the PB and IMHO £3.70 for 1 kg is cheap even compared to supermarket own brands and big tubs of other brands (e.g. Meridian was around £5/kg in Asda a little while ago IIRC). Bear in mind that it's 100% peanut, no sugar or salt, so sweeten/season it to taste. I prefer this because I can mix it with honey, Sweet Freedom dark syrup, maple syrup, cocoa powder, sugar free Flavdrops (I like Toffee, Maple, Cherry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Peach also White Chocolate but some might find it sickly) or sugar-free Syrup (I like Butterscotch and Raspberry) to get a huge variety of flavours for toast and in shakes. Also the smooth peanut and coconut-peanut butters are a bit looser/runnier than normal PB and work really well in cookies."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tl;dr

Cliffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Tl;dr

Cliffs?

TLDR; To maximise savings, try the following codes and see which one gives the best deal:
      DOMIMYP (47% off) works on non-sale/RRP prices sitewide.
      HONEYGOLD "Exclusive: 37% off Best Sellers"
      EXTRA "You've saved 25% off SALE"

HONEYGOLD "Exclusive: 37% off Best Sellers" - This one tends to be the best option for the stuff I order - Regular protein, creatine, Flavdrops.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cooled1

Does the protein packaging not close properly for anyone else? I ordered from them and bulk, bulks zip lock thingy worked perfectly, myproteins was useless. Was this just a once off or is this always the case with their packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Cooled1 wrote: »
    Does the protein packaging not close properly for anyone else? I ordered from them and bulk, bulks zip lock thingy worked perfectly, myproteins was useless. Was this just a once off or is this always the case with their packaging?

Never been an issue though I always clean them out before trying to re-seal, not sure if it's just MP but the slide rails??? are always fill with powder on opening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

It works for me, but it is poor enough quality alright. I think it's thinner and shallower so just a little harder to line up and close.

I must try that 47% code next time.

In general, I would not consider ordering from MyProtein unless whatever I'm buying is at least 30-35% off, preferably the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sometimes powder can get into the groove and you need to clear it out to make it snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cooled1

bladespin wrote: »
    Never been an issue though I always clean them out before trying to re-seal, not sure if it's just MP but the slide rails??? are always fill with powder on opening.

Yeah the powder spilled all over the place when I opened it. As long as bulk is similarly priced Im just going to order from them from now on.

Advertisement