Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 :Round 2 Imola

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Haha, I missed Valsecchi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Thought Norris was gonna do it. If I was McLaren I'd have half a dozen guys re-watching every bit of footage because there were a few laps throughout where people obviously went off-track but didn't have their times deleted.

Fair play to Perez.

Bottas. I can't be bothered to say a whole lot. Pathetic.

I liked Bottas back at Williams but yet again he stumbles. Mentioned it before season started. How often has he come out saying this season would be different and he’d be ready to challenge for a title.

Definitely would like to see Russell in that car permanently. If that was the case we could have had a really fight for the title. Lewis easily with experience would be favorite against Russell but I believe he’d push him way more than Bottas has.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Not if it's wet. ;)

I don't want to get my hopes up but if it starts wet it could be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

klose wrote: »
    Shame for norris, he was constantly up there all quali so should do well tomorrow. Stroll never even posted a time?

Stroll had both of his laps deleted for track limits

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Definitely would like to see Russell in that car permanently. If that was the case we could have had a really fight for the title. Lewis easily with experience would be favorite against Russell but I believe he’d push him way more than Bottas has.

Hamilton will hit triple digits for wins and poles this season. If he wins the title he'll be on his own with 8 of those as well. He'll quit then. He has no interest in fighting with someone who could actually beat him. We saw it at McLaren where even if he would beat Button in most races he just lost interest as time went by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

They really need to get a handle on track limits rules, multiple drivers had laps deleted while others were clearly off track on camera and it was fine. They need to get rid of all the fuzziness and make it an automated system that applies on the entire track.

quokula wrote: »
    They really need to get a handle on track limits rules, multiple drivers had laps deleted while others were clearly off track on camera and it was fine. They need to get rid of all the fuzziness and make it an automated system that applies on the entire track.

High kerbs and let them at it. Having a kilometre of lasers and automation dotted around the track would be expensive and without robust testing would be prone to problems. Only having it on a corner or 2 would just shift the problem slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I liked Bottas back at Williams but yet again he stumbles. Mentioned it before season started. How often has he come out saying this season would be different and he’d be ready to challenge for a title.

There is zero chance of Russell and Hamilton being teammates, Russell is being groomed as Lewis’ replacement.

Bottas is doing precisely the job he was hired to do, Toto Wolff has pretty much openly admitted they don’t want an above average driver like Rosberg again with all the trouble that caused when he beat Lewis.

The problem Mercedes has right now is that they don’t quite have a big enough car advantage to get away with not having a good driver, in the way they have in other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ocon did a good job today qualifying 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Who's better, Stroll or Bottas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Who's better, Stroll or Bottas?

I've replied in the general f1 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Stroll has proven for the second Qualification in a row that the Aston is a top 10 car despite the low rake issues.
    And he is normally poor in qualifing and better in race pace so he is doing pretty well.

Bottas was poor from Q2 on for some reason . Not sure you can compare the 2 drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭This is it

Missed qualifying but fantastic to see LeClerc on the second row, hopefully can turn it into good points tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,244 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So damn close at this track, a mix of it being a proper old track, colder weather and a tighter pack.

Should be a cracker of a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So damn close at this track, a mix of it being a proper old track, colder weather and a tighter pack.

Should be a cracker of a race.

If it’s a wet race tomorrow then it could all kinds of ****s and giggles with the two red bulls mugging the merc early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Fingers crossed there'll be no more sh1te about the track limits tomorrow.

flazio wrote: »
    Fingers crossed there'll be no more sh1te about the track limits tomorrow.

How would they do that? Whether they import track limits and penalise those who exceed them, or don’t impose them, they’ll be a topic of conversation.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hamilton will hit triple digits for wins and poles this season. If he wins the title he'll be on his own with 8 of those as well. He'll quit then. He has no interest in fighting with someone who could actually beat him. We saw it at McLaren where even if he would beat Button in most races he just lost interest as time went by.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Hamilton wins this season then it will give him motivation to stay on to try to win 10.

I’m not saying he’ll win 10, I just think he might fancy giving it a go

Russell has to be in the Merc next season. This is the last year of his Williams deal and I don’t think he’d be too keen to sign on with them considering we know he’s at a high level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭CFlat

Perez OMG:)

Faugheen wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Hamilton wins this season then it will give him motivation to stay on to try to win 10.

I’m not saying he’ll win 10, I just think he might fancy giving it a go

Russell has to be in the Merc next season. This is the last year of his Williams deal and I don’t think he’d be too keen to sign on with them considering we know he’s at a high level.

I'd be very shocked. I don't think he's got a huge amount of fight left and it's a roll of the dice next season as to who'll be on top with the new regs. Obviously a slightly loaded dice. :pac:

I wonder too if Mercedes' conservatism will cost them this season.
    For the first 3 years of the current era they had such a huge car advantage they could risk having their drivers battle each other but still comfortably take both titles.
    Then they decided they didn't like that tiny risk so took Bottas in to spin around like someone on work experience but still put up enough points. They still had enough of a car advantage that they didn't need to worry too much.
    Now however their advantage is much smaller. If Red Bull can get a driver in who can be a solid back-up for Verstappen then Merc need a driver who can get in amongst it with Hamilton. Their conservatism may bite them in the backside this season.
    Then again Perez loves hitting team mates and Verstappen isn't above crashing into a team mate out of spite when he's been overtaken so it may all turn out to be moot. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

P1-P8, all within 0.487 secs of each other. That bodes well for the season.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is Perez the first teammate since Ricciardo to out qualify Max?

CFlat wrote: »
    Perez OMG:)

I’ve got to imagine this means that Perez got his most out of the car and max didn’t. I’m presuming max is faster than Perez in quali and races so it probably means max ballsed up.

But it’s a win for Perez as he was faster today. We’ll see how it works out over the season but i think it means max has more pace in the car and it bodes well for his chances of having a good race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Don't jump to conclusions. The jury is out on who is the better driver between Max and Checo. This season will tell! :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Don't jump to conclusions. The jury is out on who is the better driver between Max and Checo. This season will tell! :D

Yeah but we don’t have to pretend we don’t all assume that max is faster based on the evidence of the past. Checo could prove to be faster, but it would be a big shock. It’s not 50:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

flazio wrote: »
    Is Perez the first teammate since Ricciardo to out qualify Max?
    On merit - yes

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wotausername

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I’ve got to imagine this means that Perez got his most out of the car and max didn’t. I’m presuming max is faster than Perez in quali and races so it probably means max ballsed up.

But it’s a win for Perez as he was faster today. We’ll see how it works out over the season but i think it means max has more pace in the car and it bodes well for his chances of having a good race.

Max made a mistake at turn 1 or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a really exciting qualifying session. I really enjoyed that. Hope Gasly or one of the Red Bulls win it tomorrow. Looking forward to a good race.
    Kimi does not seem half bothered anymore so he will just be out for his Sundsy drive tomorrow.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just came across this on Facebook and thought it was worth sharing :D

550510.jpg

Advertisement