Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledlenser lantern €20 in Lidl Thur 15/04/2021

• 14-04-2021 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭

Advertised as a flashlight, but looks like a lantern to me. Not on website yet.

Not your ornery onager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

Thanks for the heads up. Picked it up this morning it's a nice little lantern. Was thinking about getting an Olight Obulb but I think this is a better option. Prefer to have replaceable and non proprietary batteries.

Have a few 18650 flashlights and got a 21700 Sorfirn I25a recently that's a beast. Carry one of those and a headlight camping usually but a small lantern will be handy when I have one of my kids with me. (Highly recommend the Sofirn 4000 lumens USB C charging. It seems to charge on every type of usb charger which is the only device I have that does. Older USB A to C, USB C to USB C PD it even charges on my Oneplus dash charger.)

Thought it was this model from your pic ML4. 14500 cell and usb magnetic charging 300 lumen. LED Lenser lights aren't usually great for the money there's far better and cheaper torches to be had from China but this seemed pretty decent.
    https://www.ledlenser.com/en/products/lantern/outdoor/ml4/

Was surprised to see on shelf only 140 lumen and a AA alkaline batter. Seems to a model CL2 just for Lidl it's not on the LED lenser site. It still has the magnetic charging port of the ML4 though so I suspect it is actually the same model and it can still take a 14500 cell and the lower output is just running with a standard AA. Grabbed it anyways I'll run it on rechargeable AA's.

Seems like quite a nice little lantern light, compact and easy carry with the little carabiner clip. Runtime is decent even just on an aa.

I'll pick up some 14500 cells to try out. I have a Manker AA headtorch that can take them anyways if they don't work in the LED lenser. I have a small usb battery charger so not having the magnetic charging port isn't much of an issue and it's more versatile as I can charge 18650's and 21700's too.

Someone has done a video already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Thanks for the tip.

Off-topic perhaps, but my new years resolution is not to buy anything which can't be charged over USB. It's so much more convenient to carry a single portable USB charger than to carry (and remember to charge) multiple batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

hmmm wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip.

Off-topic perhaps, but my new years resolution is not to buy anything which can't be charged over USB. It's so much more convenient to carry a single portable USB charger than to carry (and remember to charge) multiple batteries.

Yea I'm really trying to only buy devices with Usb C charging myself these days. For torches though having a removable battery is a big plus for backup and long term that you can always stick a new cell in it. The propriety magnetic chargers usb like the ones Led Lenser and Olight use are very handy and better for water resistance but it's another cable to carry.

My Usb battery charger cable is handy but I might pick up a 21700 charger that can double as a power bank.

Sorfirn I mentioned above has a £10 discount code of it today, They aren't taking of the UK VAT before adding the Irish so it's coming in at £33 which is a little less than I payed. I had same issue with VAT, customer service wouldn't or couldn't take of UK VAT but I don't think they actually understood the issue, They did give a month of free prime which amounted to the same value.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0899TZV4Y/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A52EM5ARE67D9&psc=1

Advertisement