Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone using a fishing kayak

Options
  • 06-04-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience of freshwater kayak fishing. My area of interest is coarse fishing the smaller midland lakes .
    Reason for thinking Kayak instead of boat is access to these lakes can be very limited and transport as i dont want to tow behind the car . I dont think stability or lack of it on the water should be an issue as ive seen them used for sea fishing abroad although sometimes with outriggers .
    Just the bones of an idea right now so any advice is appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

I don't know much about this club, just heard of them before. They do sea and fresh water angling.
    Might be worth getting in touch with them.
    https://www.irishkayakangling.com/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I've been doing it for years and I'm a member of Irish Kayak Angling.

Pike-on-the-kayak.jpg

You should join up as it's free and you'll get a huge amount of information from like minded anglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Also if you see some of the sharks caught from kayaks by pullandbang and his buddies, you'll never go in the water again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Hi Folks
    Thanks for your advice .
    I have signed up to Irish Kayak Angling forum.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

SeaFields wrote: »
    Also if you see some of the sharks caught from kayaks by pullandbang and his buddies, you'll never go in the water again :)

Scroll about half way in on Graham's latest shark adventure last weekend :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

Yea kayak angler here, mind that pull and bang fella, he just takes other peoples baits and rigs and claims big fish then!

What ye wanna know? The lads over on IKA are sound. Well most of them.

Advertisement