Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to identify old Luke Cage story.

• 10-03-2021 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭

I'm not really a big comic reader but theres a vague childhood memory relating to the Marvel Luke Cage character that I'm curious about. A cousin from the UK who would visit during the summer and would bring their comics over to read. This would be late 70s/early 80s. It was during Luke Cages headband and "yellow disco shirt" era as Family Guy put it. I just remember a few panels of this story.

Old woman walking home along a dark street is accosted by a bunch of muggers. They're dressed like the Rogues in the Warriors, greasy biker look and a couple of them wear nazi helmets. Leader has a pistol and he raises it like to hit tbe old woman with the butt. Luke Cage appears and grabs the guys hand, who looks back in surprise. LC beats up the gang and maybe throws one or all of them into trash cans.
    Later in the same story he rescues possibly the same old woman from a fire in her apartment.

Advertisement