Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sourcing an old map

• 01-03-2021 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not so point me in the right direction if it's not suitable here.
    We're currently trying to source the origins of a hard copy of a map we have. It is dated some time in the mid 20th century. I had a look at GeoHives and it doesn't have it (the 6inch and 25inch historic maps are dated earlier than our one, as is the Cassini one). Our map is a street level view of our area which is what we are looking for. It outlines properties and their boundaries from this era.
    Would anyone have any tips on how we might go about finding the origins or our map? Are there any other online resources we might check? We're happy to pay for any service that might get us what we need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Just in case anyone has a similar requirement, I was able to get online maps from the local county council to help us out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

You can buy hard copies of the second edition (various editions up to the early 20th C) from the Ordnance Survey of Ireland.

Advertisement