Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Irish and EU clothing websites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

ClubDead wrote: »
    I've just looked on their website and can't see a statement along the lines of "our irish customers will not incur import VAT". If a site becomes a .IE website does that mean that we automatically won't have to pay VAT fees?
    No, it doesn't. Customs don't care where the website through which you order goods is operated or what domain name it uses. They just care about whether the goods are physically imported from outside the EU. If they are, it's up to the operator of the website to arrange matters so that all the applicable taxes and charges are paid by him, and rolled up into the price quoted to you — if he can. Or if he cares to.

Having said that, if he goes to the trouble of setting up a .ie website for his Irish market, he presumably does intend to do that, and he risks signficant reputational damage if people in Ireland order from his shiny new .ie website and still get hit with demands for more money. But you are dependent on him to get his act in gear and do this properly and, particularly with small retailers who haven't had to engage with this before, their could be a few missteps along the way. So it might be wise to wait for the dust to settle, and then place a modest test order to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Peregrinus wrote: »
    No, it doesn't. Customs don't care where the website through which you order goods is operated or what domain name it uses. They just care about whether the goods are physically imported from outside the EU. If they are, it's up to the operator of the website to arrange matters so that all the applicable taxes and charges are paid by him, and rolled up into the price quoted to you — if he can. Or if he cares to.

Having said that, if he goes to the trouble of setting up a .ie website for his Irish market, he presumably does intend to do that, and he risks signficant reputational damage if people in Ireland order from his shiny new .ie website and still get hit with demands for more money. But you are dependent on him to get his act in gear and do this properly and, particularly with small retailers who haven't had to engage with this before, their could be a few missteps along the way. So it might be wise to wait for the dust to settle, and then place a modest test order to see what happens.

Thank you that was very helpful. After I posted my question I looked on the .IE website for look fantastic and the range of products available is much smaller than their main website. Kicking myself for not ordering extras back in December.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Anyone order from Topshop recently? Need to stock up on jeans.

I'm certain I read something about Topshop only shipping from UK and duty will be due if it's over the maximum, but I can't find it now. Their site is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Twee. wrote: »
    I'm certain I read something about Topshop only shipping from UK and duty will be due if it's over the maximum, but I can't find it now. Their site is useless.

If it was me I'd buy Top Shop on Zalando (or similar websites) and not on their website. The brand will be probably bought by Asos anyway and I suspect they will keep the popular ranges.

Even if they just bought the denims I think that would keep people happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Twee. wrote: »
    Even if they just bought the denims I think that would keep people happy!

Definitely keep me happy - I love their Jamie jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I like both the Jamie and Joni Jeans. They good quality for high street and so is Vero Moda jeans. Salsa is probably the best type of jeans out there for top quality but only get in BT or Arnotts.

I've been looking for the Joni ones but not sure whether or not to get from zalando or not or directly from Topshop. I was hoping they be bough out by ASOS or Next its hard to know. I prefer if were Next as they sell Topshop items through them but they sold out now.

Boohoo is to take over Debenhams only for online shopping. They made a deal a few days ago I think but not much luck for Arcadia brands though. I think some might been bought out though but not Topshop. I'm amazed they struggling to get a buyer they always do nice things especially the jeans and cater for size and fit. They last for years compared to getting them in other places.

Asos is in talks for Topshop and boohoo for Dorothy Perkins, Burton & Wallis as far as I know. Topshop lost out due to lack of innovation everywhere from product offering, retail experience, online shopping and digital/influencer marketing. I would have bought a lot of clothes there and even worked there for 3.5 years during college, but they just didn't keep up. Pigheaded CEO doesn't help, but that's going very off topic now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

Ordered a good few bits from Topshop during the week so I’ll let ye know if it ever arrives. Came to €320 so will be interesting to see what the added cost will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Teach30 wrote: »
    Ordered a good few bits from Topshop during the week so I’ll let ye know if it ever arrives. Came to €320 so will be interesting to see what the added cost will be.

They are in administration - I wouldn't spend that much with them at this stage.
    Also - just in case of duty , you should try and keep orders under €150 if possible. If there is duty - it will be about 12% on clothes.
    But no duty on orders under €150.

• Advertisement

Ogham wrote: »
    They are in administration - I wouldn't spend that much with them at this stage.
    Also - just in case of duty , you should try and keep orders under €150 if possible. If there is duty - it will be about 12% on clothes.
    But no duty on orders under €150.

Thanks that’s good to know, 12% isn’t too bad though overall. I panic bought as I heard they were closing so hopefully they’ll arrive!

New thread for any shop closure chat, not linked to shopping with Brexit regulations https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058155795

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but just found this Irish retailer on Instagram - OHelloClothing

I'm not affiliated with them nor have I purchased anything from them... just thought it would be nice to "big-up" another Irish shop

I'm unable to determine where in Ireland they are based... so not sure if they have a bricks and mortar shop... or are online only. Anyone ever heard of them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I must recommend www.allaboutgorgeous.ie. It’s the online store for Citywax in Cork. They have the much sought-after Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo in Light tones! They also included a bunch of fab free samples, including Dermologica stuff :)

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but just found this Irish retailer on Instagram - OHelloClothing

I'm not affiliated with them nor have I purchased anything from them... just thought it would be nice to "big-up" another Irish shop

I'm unable to determine where in Ireland they are based... so not sure if they have a bricks and mortar shop... or are online only. Anyone ever heard of them?

It looks like they’re based in Sligo but I had to dig to find that. They don’t offer their returns address freely so I’d say they don’t have a physical store at all, probably just operating out of a private home or similar.

I’m enjoying Seagreen and Costume in Dublin lately, they are great at showing how stock fits and looks on the body. I find it hard to judge clothing when you can’t see the person moving so I appreciate the effort they put into their Instagram.
    I bought from Seagreen and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Could anyone recommend online vintage (inspired) shops based in Ireland or Europe? Clothes and shoes....especially shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

Could anyone recommend online vintage (inspired) shops based in Ireland or Europe? Clothes and shoes....especially shoes.

Etsy do a vintage selection. Can be pricey though.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

This crowd do vintage, not sure about shoes though. Very friendly people to deal with
    https://www.omdivaboutique.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Anyone know of Irish or EU stores similar to Sugarhill Boutique Brighton or Joanie Clothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Anyone know of Irish or EU stores similar to Sugarhill Boutique Brighton or Joanie Clothing?

Rainbow kids boutique and I clothing sell Sugarhill Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

This lovely little place in Fairview does Sugarhill
    https://qplusd.com/shop/category/tops

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

The Green Labels ships from The Netherlands and stocks ethically sourced products. Haven't bought anything yet but it looks good :)

Ps. Is there any chance OP can edit the first post to list all the shops mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Where does Abercrombie & Fitch ship from? Some great offers on coats but not if you're stung with UK fees. I can't find anything relevant on their website...

Edited to add: their customer service says that they ship from the Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

strandroad wrote: »
    Where does Abercrombie & Fitch ship from? Some great offers on coats but not if you're stung with UK fees. I can't find anything relevant on their website...

Ship from Netherlands, a list of some shops here for Brexit shipping. https://www.motherofalldeals.ie/blog/brexit-amp-custom-charges-part-2

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

LazyClouds wrote: »
    The Green Labels ships from The Netherlands and stocks ethically sourced products. Haven't bought anything yet but it looks good :)

Ps. Is there any chance OP can edit the first post to list all the shops mentioned?

I'll try get to this at the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Teach30 wrote: »

Did you get your orders ok?

Was anyone waiting long from Zalando for delivery? I've not ordered yet from them yet or from ASOS/Boohoo so far. Mainly ordered online from Irish companies and Bestseller that do a variety of brands vero moda, pieces, vila, Only. iClothing and other places do those brands aswell online. iclothing be limited though for those brands you keep an eye on what you want but its better ordering directly from the brands itself.

Three stories is another Irish company that do vero moda but limited selection.
    https://threestories.ie/
    They do name it and jack jones aswell. They have a discount until today I think.

From Vero Moda shop/Besteller warehouse, Usually you wait a week to get them in the post as they come from the Netherlands/Germany. They deliver to Ireland via DHL and deliver to me via anpost which is great.

Recently ordered from H and M so will see how quick I get it from them. I know Zara took a week when I ordered from them after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I ordered one item from Zalando earlier this month and it arrived in a short few days.

Took maybe 7-10 days for my couple of Zalando orders to arrive at the beginning of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Not the most common of places - but has anyone ordered off Quiksilver? My brothers birthday is coming up - and he loves their clothes. I know ASOS sells them but there is much greater choice on their own website.

Seen bad reviews for them on trustpilot but not sure if that’s just in relation to the UK site and the Irish site may be different?

Advertisement