Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gyms to Reopen 2021???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FA12345

I really hope the gyms open next week and stay open this time.

My husband owns a gym in the city and his mental health has taken a serious nosedive this year with the stress. Which I'm sure is the same as all the other hospitality, service & retail providers being forced to shut/restrict business this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

j@utis wrote: »
    Our gym has timetable up on the app but you can only book two days in advance, I'd be booking 14 sessions a week otherwise, things are getting desperate.

6 weeks! It took me 3months to get into it properly again last time, I only started seeing positive changes in my body after that long, so goodbye xmas party dress body this time, that's for sure :D

For sure. It takes me 6 weeks to notice anything in the mirror and about 3 months for anyone else to notice. Sack of spuds it is. Hopefully they stay open this time. This year has been a complete write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

For sure. It takes me 6 weeks to notice anything in the mirror and about 3 months for anyone else to notice. .

not just me so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

So, are the gyms opening next week? Says me, and puts another piece of the cake on the plate :D

MoqNqC0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

j@utis wrote: »
    So, are the gyms opening next week?

By all accounts yes.

All media reports are saying that gyms will reopen on 1 December or 2 December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Grand so, more cake this way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

So is it next Wed they'll open, or Thursday?

So is it next Wed they'll open, or Thursday?

Tuesday or Wednesday. Yet to be confirmed if restrictions will be lifted on 1 December or 2 December.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Officially end at midnight 1st so in theory the gym could open the 2nd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

My gym is opening Tuesday December 1st at 6am if that's any indicator.

Snap Fitness, Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

DVDM93 wrote: »
    My gym is opening Tuesday November 1st at 6am if that's any indicator.

Snap Fitness, Galway.

26days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Officially end at midnight 1st so in theory the gym could open the 2nd

I know we went into lockdown on a wednesday but i am irrationally annoyed that we are going to come out of it midweek too.... Just get things moving from Monday!

I know we went into lockdown on a wednesday but i am irrationally annoyed that we are going to come out of it midweek too.... Just get things moving from Monday!

Kinda ties in with my training anyway so I don't mind :)

Be champing at the bit, mind you.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    26days ago?

My sincerest apologies, post edited, thank you for pointing that out Dtp1979 my friend.

That'll play havoc with all the 'I'll start on Monday' heads.

In saying that, Tuesday is the start of a new month, so a good starting point also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

In saying that, Tuesday is the start of a new month, so a good starting point also.

Thought it was Tuesday night they were lifting so gums open Wednesday morning? Hopefully it's Tuesday day!

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Thought it was Tuesday night they were lifting so gums open Wednesday morning? Hopefully it's Tuesday day!

This is the email I got off my gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

This is the email I got off my gym.

Brilliant!

National Bench Day will move to Wednesday

National Bench Day will move to Wednesday

Have to leave the gym off until the following Monday so, benching on a Wednesday will throw out the whole week for me.

Damnit NPHET.

• Advertisement

Confirmation that restrictions get lifted on Tuesday morning rather than Wednesday ... https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1332082722626564100?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1332338476864385024

Supposedly not until the 4th of December now.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1332338476864385024

Supposedly not until the 4th of December now.

Gavin's tweet is unusually unclear. I think he is talking about the second phase of lifting restrictions.

RTE, Irish Times and others are still reporting 1 December for gyms.

4 December (or later) for hospitality.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

JTMan wrote: »
    Gavin's tweet is unusually unclear. I think he is talking about the second phase of lifting restrictions.

RTE, Irish Times and others are still reporting 1 December for gyms.

4 December (or later) for hospitality.

He corrected his mistake for gyms in a reply to his own tweet. Still the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Only for individual use is it? No classes.

Gov.ie says Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools may remain open for individual use only

titan18 wrote: »
    Only for individual use is it? No classes.

Gov.ie says Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools may remain open for individual use only

No classes. However, the government document interestingly and unusually says that swimming classes will be reviewed from January. Hence, it seems swim classes, but not gym clases, might be allowed resume in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

JTMan wrote: »
    No classes. However, the government document interestingly and unusually says that swimming classes will be reviewed from January. Hence, it seems swim classes, but not gym clases, might be allowed resume in January.

Ya, makes reference to dance classes not allowed so I'm assuming gym isnt

Are the gyms open for a few weeks or are they closing in January again?

• Advertisement

Are the gyms open for a few weeks or are they closing in January again?

God knows. The situation will be reviewed before 3 January.

Advertisement