Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I like the way Tatis stole 3rd on the same pitcher when up 6 last night. A real F You to all those complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I like the way Tatis stole 3rd on the same pitcher when up 6 last night. A real F You to all those complaining!

But what about the UNWRITTEN RULES:)

Mets the latest team to get hit by COVID. Tonight and tomorrow’s games off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Justifies the decision if the two lads who opted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,797 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

ShyMets wrote: »
    But what about the UNWRITTEN RULES:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIQzFuLAcU

• Advertisement

Mets the latest team to get hit by COVID. Tonight and tomorrow’s games off.

Weekend series off now too.

The fake noise in the A's v Angels game on now is really annoying. At times when Oakland are batting they have an instrumental "let's go Oakland" chant played on what sounds like a kid's guitar on repeat. And what makes it more annoying is that there is an organ player in the stadium playing the usual stuff so the two sounds are going against each other. I've had to put it on mute whenever it starts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Brewers following the Bucks and not playing tonight.

https://twitter.com/jareddiamond/status/1298742517492580352?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭boccy23

God knows what's going to happen tonight or the weekend. The season is already so messed up from Covid game cancellations. How long before it is shortened full time and the playoffs begin?

All games on MLB.tv are free today

EDIT - In hindsight, watching the Mets blow a 5 run lead in the last inning wasn't nice to see. damn you MLB.tv for allowing me to see that!

• Advertisement

I love an in-game trade. Villar from the Marlins taken out in the 6th as he's getting traded to Toronto, who just happen to be the Marlins next opponents in Miami tomorrow. So does he fly home with the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Padres are going to be pissed when they don't win the WS.

The good old Mets. Trade their best pitching prospect for Miguel Castro

The sooner Cohen takes over and gets rid of BVV the better. He is so out of his depth it is unbelievable. He has basically gutted the pitching depth in the organisation for b-list players.

The sooner Cohen takes over and gets rid of BVV the better. He is so out of his depth it is unbelievable. He has basically gutted the pitching depth in the organisation for b-list players.

I've given up on this season entirely. My hope with Cohen coming in is that;

A - He fires BVW
    B - Hires a new GM (I'm not looking for outstanding. One who is competent will do just fine for now)
    C - Invests money in the team

Worse still. They're bringing back Todd Frazier.

I'm so glad I've written off the season. Won't go through as much alcohol as a result.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Worse still. They're bringing back Todd Frazier.

I'm so glad I've written off the season. Won't go through as much alcohol as a result.

Frazier and Chirinos. 34 & 37 respectively. So much for investing in youth and athleticism.

Anyway, next season here we come!!

Adieu, Tom Seaver, The Franchise, greatest Mets pitcher of all time, HOF. As dominating a pitcher as I ever saw pitch for a number of years. I remember opening day the year he returned from the Reds, standing and chanting his name at Shea Stadium as he walked in from the bullpen.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Adieu, Tom Seaver, The Franchise, greatest Mets pitcher of all time, HOF. As dominating a pitcher as I ever saw pitch for a number of years. I remember opening day the year he returned from the Reds, standing and chanting his name at Shea Stadium as he walked in from the bullpen.

RIP

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/1301505813215883264?s=20

5 double headers, 20 games in total today. Most games in a day for 46 years if they're all played.

• Advertisement

So much for speeding up the game.....

https://twitter.com/DPLennon/status/1301884408031567873

Just the 29 runs for the Braves v Miami last night!

Its a bit like extra time in American Football if you scrapped the kick off and allowed the team who won the toss to have their first down on the 50 yard line

Its a bit like extra time in American Football if you scrapped the kick off and allowed the team who won the toss to have their first down on the 50 yard line

They should keep the DH in both leagues though. Enough of that farce. Either both leagues, or neither.

They should keep the DH in both leagues though. Enough of that farce. Either both leagues, or neither.

I cant see that reverting back. The bottom line from the players point of view is that there is now 15 more spots available.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

About time

Another baseball player injures himself in a weird way

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsMLB/status/1304503122556006400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

• Advertisement

One more step. Sunlit uplands ahead!
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-sale-agreement-steve-cohen

Advertisement