Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another Lamb violently butchered to death by mysterious killer

• 09-06-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Another lamb was barbarically murdered in cold blood last night in Wicklow near the Newcastle area. This is the second fatal killing of a lamb in as many weeks. Locals in the area are terrified and there is a real sense that there may be a very dangerous predator in their ranks as clearly this is the act of a deranged lunatic.

Such a crime in isolation is hideous by all accounts, but to see it reoccur within a short period of time is a pattern that is worryingly in line with the development of a maniac killer. If the bloody exploits of this delinquent continue to go unpunished, there is no telling where the trajectory of his murderous rampaging may take him. This needs to be nipped in the bud right away as there is too much evidence and hindsight to not jump to a horrifying conclusion for this case. Hopefully the person at large can be brought to justice speedily.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2020/0609/1146363-wicklow-lambs/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

This is absolutely awful. My aunt lives in the area and said they're all very distraught over this. It's been happening a few times now, more than what's been reported, and the MO appears the be consistent. They're primarily worried these people are going to move onto bigger animals or perhaps people. I don't think there's any evidence they've been consuming the animals, it seems to be a crime of pleasure which is worrying to me. I'm really concerned about this.

We should keep in mind that the families in this area are pretty traumatized over these events. Out of respect we shouldn't name anyone and perhaps be a little careful with how we discuss the events in this thread. Take this as a warning because I don't want to have to repeat myself later in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolutely tragic, this really is baad.

Wonder what Hud Hastings will have to say about all of this.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Can't understand the lack of coverage on this. This was a rotten act committed by a deranged individual who is only getting started.

There is a real sense of fear in Wicklow at the moment. Locals are afraid to leave their homes at night. They have a shocking history of producing serial killers and it looks like they may have a new one.

David “Jesus” Lawler still living in that area? Wasn't he released not long ago. Cousins with Larry too. I hope its just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Caledonia

It was on 9 o’clock news earlier v long segment.
    Any chance killed for meat?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

Interesting. Although in my opinion the maniac is likely a novice offender mustering up the courage to go after a human. Jesus Lawler is more of a seasoned criminal.

Caledonia wrote: »
    It was on 9 o’clock news earlier v long segment.
    Any chance killed for meat?!

No, the animal was on medication so it wouldn't be suitable to eat. Also the particular sheep in question wouldn't have had much meat, it could hardly be worth their while doing that. Apparently it was a complete mess everywhere so they mustn't have known what they were doing.

Interesting. Although in my opinion the maniac is likely a novice offender mustering up the courage to go after a human. Jesus Lawler is more of a seasoned criminal.

I've done more digging. Another relation returned from Oz during the lockdown. Right before these deranged acts were committed.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/murphys-cousin-jailed-after-oral-sex-assault-27853129.html

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5524250/gardai-wicklow-investigate-lamb-stolen-butchered/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Probably just for meat if there was nothing only head and skin left behind, it happened around here years ago, it turned out it was a man living on his own used go out and grab a couple of lambs every so often for the dinner

Probably just for meat if there was nothing only head and skin left behind, it happened around here years ago, it turned out it was a man living on his own used go out and grab a couple of lambs every so often for the dinner

I can't see how an old man would be accessing this farm? If that were the case he'd be killing ones nearby. This was in the middle of acres of land owned by the family in question, and it wasn't exactly 'easily accessible'. This is the work of a dangerous individual who is progressing through the ranks of psychopathy until he inevitably harms a little child and he won't stop killing until he is caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

JoeFritzl wrote: »
    No, the animal was on medication so it wouldn't be suitable to eat. Also the particular sheep in question wouldn't have had much meat, it could hardly be worth their while doing that. Apparently it was a complete mess everywhere so they mustn't have known what they were doing.

It literally says in the news article that all that was left was the head and the hide.
    The lamb was definitely killed and butchered for its meat.its an act of poaching the same as what happens with deer every other night of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

While it is inhumane and illegal whats happened its not murder and rather likely a couple of dudes pilfering meat.

If we had another psycho on our hands they would torture it and not leave only head and skin.

Happened before, more regularly in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Under no circumstances would that be evident to anyone only the herdowner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I can't see how an old man would be accessing this farm? If that were the case he'd be killing ones nearby. This was in the middle of acres of land owned by the family in question, and it wasn't exactly 'easily accessible'. This is the work of a dangerous individual who is progressing through the ranks of psychopathy until he inevitably harms a little child and he won't stop killing until he is caught.

You seem to know more than you're letting on, do tell us more

It literally says in the news article that all that was left was the head and the hide.
    The lamb was definitely killed and butchered for its meat.its an act of poaching the same as what happens with deer every other night of the year.

It was a disgusting act and to brand it as basic poacher case is an insult. I hope if he is caught the judge sees it as more than just that. Whoever did this is a sick psychopath and needs to be locked up.

Exactly.they were probably clicked for maggots. The poacher would have no idea about this.40 day withdrawl on that.any luck it will sicken the poachers after a feed and put a halt to them

It was a disgusting act and to brand it as basic poacher case is an insult. I hope if he is caught the judge sees it as more than just that. Whoever did this is a sick psychopath and needs to be locked up.

Yes it’s wrong of the person to do it and the lamb should be slaughtered in an approved abattoir in a humane manner but the theory that it’s a psychotic killer on the loose is nonsense.
    It’s someone out killing lambs for food for either themselves or to sell on and I’d guess they have experience as a butcher and hunter.
    It happens with deer all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Christ, as pretty much a Wicklow native, why are there so many weird people here?

Serial killers, rapists, whatever else

You don't just happen upon a private farm with sheep and opportunistically decide to kill one. This was clearly planned, it's a difficult field to access, I know farm, no idea where the field is, it's a large farm and difficult to access, lots of briars and the likes.

Some of the rhetoric on this thread would be the very reason we are seeing the act being repeated. Authorities didn't clamp down on this savage the first time, of course he would seek out his thrill again with no consequences.

• Advertisement

Yes it’s wrong of the person to do it and the lamb should be slaughtered in an approved abattoir in a humane manner but the theory that it’s a psychotic killer on the loose is nonsense.
    It’s someone out killing lambs for food for either themselves or to sell on and I’d guess they have experience as a butcher and hunter.
    It happens with deer all the time

With the mess they left behind I can't see that being a butcher. It wasn't as clean cut as the news perhaps made it out to be. There was blood, guts and pieces of meat all over the field from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No, the animal was on medication so it wouldn't be suitable to eat.

They added that bit in, as farmers do

'' this land is poisoned''

'' on of these Strawberries is poisoned''

''the animal was on medication''

'' Bull in field ''

All to scare off people from doing it again.

What is the agenda of the media to play this down and not even mention that it may be the act of a sordid sadist.

Some more media picking up on it now at least https://www.thesun.ie/news/5524250/gardai-wicklow-investigate-lamb-stolen-butchered/
    Although they are implementing their own Spin, as they typically do.

Some more media picking up on it now at least https://www.thesun.ie/news/5524250/gardai-wicklow-investigate-lamb-stolen-butchered/
    Although they are implementing their own Spin, as they typically do.

Ah yes, the media spinning a web of illusions. The fact is there's a sad and twisted individual out there who is eyeing up his next target. We need to push this out and make sure Wicklow town is locked down. He's probably a serial killer around the Wicklow mountains who couldn't get his fix due to this lockdown, and is now acting out against sheep.

"Installed cctv"

If you ask me, the Gardai should be down there patrolling the area during the nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

You would want to be extremely fit to catch a lamb in a large field on your own.

Either there were several people involved or the lamb was shot...which does point to a poacher.

The countryside in Ireland is alive with those bastards every night and sweet bugger all is being done about it.

archer22 wrote: »
    You would want to be extremely fit to catch a lamb in a large field on your own.

Either there were several people involved or the lamb was shot...which does point to a poacher.

The countryside in Ireland is alive with those bastards every night and sweet bugger all is being done about it.

I think that indicated that the culprit was someone familiar to the lambs - perhaps the son of one of the local farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

You've been watching too much Dexter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bb12

eh a few people sound just a tad hysterical here. definitely butchered for meat. same thing happened a few years ago in north co dublin except it was with cows. only head and hides left. think they killed them with crossbows if i remember rightly

Advertisement