Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crystal Ski - Carraige

• 02-01-2020 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi
    I am going to Solden in 2 weeks or so with Crystal Ski. I added ski/snowboard carraige for the flight.
    It says the carraige is max 15kg. Pretty sure it was 20kg last year. 15kg is not that much with all the gear. I was on the limit of 20kg last year i think, maybe even over.
    Did anyone else see this? How strict do you think they would be on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Your stuff will be weighed at check in on the belt so I'd imagine if you exceed that they will identify it at this point.

Could you throw a few kg into your carry on? I bring my helmet/goggles etc. that way. I find that the 20kg allowance for a checked bag is normally pretty generous so could fit stuff in here too? What are you actually trying to fit in?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭andyd12

Your stuff will be weighed at check in on the belt so I'd imagine if you exceed that they will identify it at this point.

Could you throw a few kg into your carry on? I bring my helmet/goggles etc. that way. I find that the 20kg allowance for a checked bag is normally pretty generous so could fit stuff in here too? What are you actually trying to fit in?
    Ye I know they check it on the belt beforehand, I am usually hovering around the 20kg mark, I just figured they were not being too picky.

I will have 2 snowboards, pair of bindings, pair of boots, helmet, gloves, thermal gear, ski gear etc. Had hoped to get all my clothes in but 15kg will be tight.
    Might just have to utilize the checked bag more so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

andyd12 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am going to Solden in 2 weeks or so with Crystal Ski. I added ski/snowboard carraige for the flight.
    It says the carraige is max 15kg. Pretty sure it was 20kg last year. 15kg is not that much with all the gear. I was on the limit of 20kg last year i think, maybe even over.
    Did anyone else see this? How strict do you think they would be on this?

Are you sure it's 15kg?
    We're flying Dublin to Chambery with Crystal (for La Tania) next week, and it's 20kg (TUI is the airline).
    Different carriers though possibly.

Are you sure it's 15kg?
    We're flying Dublin to Chambery with Crystal (for La Tania) next week, and it's 20kg (TUI is the airline).
    Different carriers though possibly.
    I think we are flying with TUI also. According to there website they allow 20kg. But on the app, I attached a screenshot and shows only 15kg

I think we are flying with TUI also. According to there website they allow 20kg. But on the app, I attached a screenshot and shows only 15kg

Interesting. On the app for me, it says 'please check with your airline'. On my confirmation email from Crystal, it says 20kg.

What does your original email confirmation say? If it says 20kg, I'd go with that and if you're queried on it, just show it to them. What can't speak can't lie!
    Certainly any time we've gone with TUI before it's been 20kg.
    Or shoot Crystal a mail maybe..

• Advertisement

Interesting. On the app for me, it says 'please check with your airline'. On my confirmation email from Crystal, it says 20kg.

What does your original email confirmation say? If it says 20kg, I'd go with that and if you're queried on it, just show it to them. What can't speak can't lie!
    Certainly any time we've gone with TUI before it's been 20kg.
    Or shoot Crystal a mail maybe..
    Ye a bit odd. We had 20kg previous years also. I just emailed them to hopefully clear it up

It's 15kg according to them.

But if one was to pack all there gear and clothes into there carriage bag and perhaps be over the 15kg and not use the 20kg checked bag. It's all weight at the end of the day right

It's 15kg according to them.

But if one was to pack all there gear and clothes into there carriage bag and perhaps be over the 15kg and not use the 20kg checked bag. It's all weight at the end of the day right

Ah, apologies, I was confusing checked baggage with carriage :o

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Crystal seem to have tightened up on their rules - for years they were flexible if you were "around" the 20kg mark but last time around they did me for €80 worth of overweight (I can't remember the weight per kilo). Just a watch out - in case you do go over what they've stated.

Edit: and of course I mean TUI airlines were the ones who did the charging rather than Crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

if it is 15kg I have to put one ski boot in hand luggage and one checked in to make it.

Security at Shannon one year wasn't busy and asked me if I had a prosthetic leg?

"not a problem just interested" he said

• Advertisement

Traveled with TUI last week to and from Austria. The 15kg ski carriage weight wasn't a problem after all, they didn't even look or question the weight. Which was annoying as I had kept it at 15kg. On the way back I loaded the ski carriage up without an issue.
    With that however, it could be just luck. Different employees could be more strict

Advertisement