Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pioneering for Beavers

Options
  • 24-10-2019 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Anyone able to point me to some pioneering gadgets my Beavers could build to fulfill the requirements of their Stage 1 pioneering badge? The internet has not been my friend so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

A catapult and tripod using bamboo and elastic bands is enough for Stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

Orion wrote: »
    A catapult and tripod using bamboo and elastic bands is enough for Stage 1.

Absolutely, just looking for instructions on how to build them! Any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Can't find links on how to do it but it's really just using elastic bands to bind the bamboo together.

Here's a pic of a ballista done this way. Tripod and A frame combined to make it - there's your two gadgets straight away.

https://photobucket.com/gallery/user/dougentwistle/media/bWVkaWFJZDoyMDAyMDkzMA==/?ref=

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

A stretcher is always good. Covering Pioneering and First Aid.

Advertisement