Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Maybe for millenials, but those of us who enjoyed green day and weezer back in the 90s could gladly go without hearing Pete Wentz and Co's idea of pop punk. I wouldn't call it snobbery either. It's just that those two bands were pretty much done by 1999 and everything thereafter was an attempt to try and remain in the spotlight but nowhere near as good/releb3.

Forgetting that AI is one of GDs best albums and is the Main reason they’re currently relevant.

Weezer, without this tour are Academy level.

FoB would be Olympia or the o2

Done by 1999 is insanely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Forgetting that AI is one of GDs best albums and is the Main reason they’re currently relevant.

Weezer are not academy level.

I'm sure they'd sell out the olympia. at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

endainoz wrote: »
    The stones have been doing that for the last 40 odd years.

Ah the stones kind of changed there sound too fit there age and by god they've been around ha

Billie Joe still looks and sounds like someone in there 20s. Suppose his bank account is healthy anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Weezer are not academy level.

I'm sure they'd sell out the olympia. at the very least.

Guess he means Brixton Academy! Typically they do 5000ish capacity venues in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Fall Out Boy played the 3 a few years ago and it sold pretty well. They also co-headlined Reading/Leeds last year, and toured selling out the o2 in London. They’re much bigger than most people on this board are giving them credit for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Interesting tour - noticed that in North America they are only playing in baseball stadiums which seems kind of odd.

In any case, Green Day's last good album was Nimrod and Weezer's last good album was Pinkerton. Judging by Weezer's recent setlists they seem to be ignoring significant chunks of their career. Saw Weezer in 2002 and 2005 when they did play songs from Pinkerton so I guess that will just have to do.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Guess he means Brixton Academy! Typically they do 5000ish capacity venues in Europe.

I don't think they're talking about Brixton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Interesting tour - noticed that in North America they are only playing in baseball stadiums which seems kind of odd.

A few bands are doing that now. Zac Brown band did something similar last year and released a t-shirt for each venue based on the home team's logo. The Dead and Company are another band who have done it.

I don't think they're talking about Brixton.

in the UK they would be brixton level, here I think theyd struggle to sell Olympia at the moment,
    while Fob and Green Day could do well in the o2
    GD selling it

in the UK they would be brixton level, here I think theyd struggle to sell Olympia at the moment,
    while Fob and Green Day could do well in the o2
    GD selling it

You weren't talking about Brixton academy though. That's what I mentioned to the other poster. You were obviously talking about Dublin academy.

• Advertisement

You weren't talking about Brixton academy though. That's what I mentioned to the other poster. You were obviously talking about Dublin academy.

Brixton is just under 5000 and olympia is about 1500.

Because they are much bigger in the Uk with a much bigger audience to pick from.(like many bands that are similar)

They'd sell out the academy here, sell a decent amount of the olympia, I think.

Again i may be wrong, never been a huge weezer fan.
    But they're by a distance the smallest draw on this tour in 2020

It was a joke, as I believe they're closer to a 5000 capacity draw than 500. If you look at the places they play in NL and Germany and so on they're around that size. No reason they wouldn't draw a similar crowd here. They did play the Point last time they were here, though 14 years ago is a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Anyone get a presale code for this?

llatsni wrote: »

Mcd have one through their website, codes sent next week :)

Anyone pining for mid 90s Weezer would do well to check out Dissed and Dismissed by Tony Molina. A 12 minute homage album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

llatsni wrote: »
    On the Green Day site you can get a "UK Presale code" now, I got one just in case it works for Ireland
    https://greenday.warnerartists.net/npnrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Very misleading tour name if you were a fan of the band Hella.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Saw Green Day at Kilmainham and Fallout Boy in the 3 a couple of years ago and really enjoyed both.

No particular interest in Weezer but will still be going with a few others who'd be fans of all three.

Should be a good one

Not sure how Fallout Boy would transfer to an outdoor gig - I felt indoors really brought out the best in them

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got emails from Green Day and Fall Out Boy web teams about presale codes. Siad they should be mailed by Monday evening with Fall out by mailing list ticket sales starting at 10am on the 17th Sep and Green Day mailing list ticket sales starting at 11am on the 17th Sep . Green day Webstore//album pre order sales start at 10am on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I'll be in Paris while the pre-sale is on Tuesday. I presume it's 11AM no matter where you are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Duff wrote: »
    I'll be in Paris while the pre-sale is on Tuesday. I presume it's 11AM no matter where you are?

11am Irish time, so be 12 over there

Seat map showing a gold circle for this,
    Interested to see prices

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

I think a lot of people here are harshly dismissing Weezer's recent material.
    The White Album they released in 2016 is on par with Blue and Pinkerton imo.

They release an album a year now which explains the dips in quality of their music but they definitely have released some brilliant songs in the past decade.

Saw Green Day at Kilmainham in 2016 was my first gig and it was a terrific night.

Fall Out Boy I don't care for I enjoy some of their stuff but their recent material is pretty awful especially the Mania Album..eww..

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Crazy how 80 quid is seen as a decent price for a gig now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Interested to see prices

Likely won't bother now, extortion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Crazy how 80 quid is seen as a decent price for a gig now.

When you break it down for the 3 bands you are getting on the day its really not that bad . If you went to see them at 3 separate gigs you would be paying a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Interested to see prices

Tickets are €79.50 - €89.50 plus fees so 87-97 euro after fees.

Tickets for this will be going for buttons next summer ,RDS is way too big a venue .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets are €79.50 - €89.50 plus fees so 87-97 euro after fees.

Tickets for this will be going for buttons next summer ,RDS is way too big a venue .

Where'd ya see that? Having been in Pitch1 for Foo Fighters I'd gladly pay an extra tenner to be in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

When the pre sale starts do I just go to ticketmaster like normal to enter the pre sale code to get tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 amckenna1996

Duff wrote: »
    When the pre sale starts do I just go to ticketmaster like normal to enter the pre sale code to get tickets?

Usually you have to go through the link they send with the presale code, as sometimes (I find) going straight to Ticketmaster just prompts a green spinner/happening now message.

Advertisement