Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein, Belfast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

hmmm wrote: »
    Primarily I don't want to have to worry about where I park my Southern Reg car. And yeah I am pissed to be going to a concert in a place where I have to be concerned about things like that, when they almost filled the O2 only a few years ago - their promoter has ****ed up here in my opinion.

The dumbest post I've read on boards and that's some going.

Regularly in Belfast, been to concerts in Belfast I never gave a 2nd thought about my southern reg car. It's a belter of a city and I'm looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rob316 wrote: »
    The dumbest post I've read on boards and that's some going.

Regularly in Belfast, been to concerts in Belfast I never gave a 2nd thought about my southern reg car. It's a belter of a city and I'm looking forward to this.

Was up there recently for a gig and people were almost universally friendly. Everyone offering tips and places to go/drink/eat. Brilliant city.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

D.Q wrote: »
    Was up there recently for a gig and people were almost universally friendly. Everyone offering tips and places to go/drink/eat. Brilliant city.

Rated the safest city in the UK now and walking around late at night there I agree. People just getting on with their lives away from politics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I was there last week - absolute hellhole. Once they saw a southern reg, it all kicked off...

((Hopefully that's one less person trying to get tickets :P))

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Prices confirmed as £83.00 - £99.00 plus fees.

Thats very expensive for a field in Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone have any idea of European pricing?
    hoping to get one of the German dates

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah was expecting to be a bit cheaper tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea of European pricing?
    hoping to get one of the German dates
    Nijmegen, NL : €87-€109 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Saw some videos of their gigs so far this summer last night.

The amount of pyro is jaw dropping even for a Rammstein gig.

That being said, it's not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How can you get excited about a gig that's a year away, that would drive me nuts, why can't you say, excuse can we have it now please.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How can you get excited about a gig that's a year away, that would drive me nuts, why can't you say, excuse can we have it now please.

Aren't you excited for EP 2020 and the inevitable Radiohead/Apex Twin headlining slots?

Midweek gig is stopping me going to this, between days off work and the price, hard to justify for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A year away is better than never at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Considering a mini European trip to see them. How likely would tickets for their home gigs in Germany to sell out quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Degag wrote: »
    Considering a mini European trip to see them. How likely would tickets for their home gigs in Germany to sell out quickly?

Not to put the sh!ts up you but moreso to inform you....the LIFAD presale for the Germany shows left members without tickets from what I can tell.

That's not to say that you won't get a ticket as there's only a limited number of tickets available for presale.

It wasn't too far off a year before the gig that the tickets were released for the O2 gig in 2012 and I'm as excited now as I was then :D

Degag wrote: »

They have added a second night for all of the German gigs so that should help ease demand.
    Saying that the demand seems to be huge ,they sold out some of the venues,Leipzig and Berlin in presale alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Is it not all one standing area? How come there is a range of prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is it not all one standing area? How come there is a range of prices?

there's a gold circle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

They have added a second night for all of the German gigs so that should help ease demand.
    Saying that the demand seems to be huge ,they sold out some of the venues,Leipzig and Berlin in presale alone.

I think that would just be the presale tickets, only a small amount would be allocated for that.

Not a hope they could have sold out the venue on presale tickets. more like all the presale tickets were sold out :)

• Advertisement

Not a hope they could have sold out the venue on presale tickets. more like all the presale tickets were sold out :)

Nope ,they literally sold out the venues .
    You could see from the seatmaps what seats were available for each venue and for alot of them they put almost all of the seats onsale.
    You could pick your exact seat off the map.

Must be alot of LIFAD members.
    It makes sense though ,sell as many tickets as you can in presale for venues where a second date is to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Nope ,they literally sold out the venues .

No... They didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Would rammstein be known for bringing decent support acts on these tours or do they rely on there own reputation to get people in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Would rammstein be known for bringing decent support acts on these tours or do they rely on there own reputation to get people in?

I've seen them about 8 times, 3 at festivals and 5 of their own shows and with their own show i honestly can't remember 1 support band, and if a support band is in any way decent i'll always make an attempt to catch them....make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've seen them about 8 times, 3 at festivals and 5 of their own shows and with their own show i honestly can't remember 1 support band, and if a support band is in any way decent i'll always make an attempt to catch them....make of that what you will

Yeah I was kinda thinking they wouldn’t exactly be inclined to have a quality packed undercard, pricy gig considering but they are known for putting on quite the show so I’ll probably take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah I was kinda thinking they wouldn’t exactly be inclined to have a quality packed undercard, pricy gig considering but they are known for putting on quite the show so I’ll probably take the hit.

no support act could improve a rammstein gig

For their O2 gig they had Deathstars. They were quite good.

The last I heard of support acts for this tour, they have French piano duo Jatekok and they are performing the Klavier album in full on 2 pianos.

Don't know how Rammstein thought this would get the crowd warmed up but then again, they're opening every show with "Was Ich Liebe" so things are strange in the R+ camp these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Deathstars played at the O2. Their tunes was good but their little banner was raggedy even before factoring in Rammstein's spinning cock.
    no support act could improve a rammstein gig
    Ghost did a savage job at Slane. I would happily pay to see them on their own but they may be touring for the next year or two so may not be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Feuerzone ticket in the bag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Missed out on feuerzone tickets but three regular standing secured at least.

Advertisement