Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Some good games this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Some good games this weekend

Yeah some good ones alright. Shame they aren't all televised. I just hope the Warriors back up last weeks performance with another good un.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Yeah some good ones alright. Shame they aren't all televised. I just hope the Warriors back up last weeks performance with another good un.

the whole televised thing is already getting on my nerves . no games this Saturday or sunday again . on a positive note the doggies are on tomorrow against the chooks but not sure how good I will be feeling after watching that

Sharks take on the Dragons on tv tomorrow, kick off 9.05.

Sharks take on the Dragons on tv tomorrow, kick off 9.05.

Tough one to call that . Probably the Dragons ,there fans will lose there **** and then they will turn to **** around May or June. They have huge forwards this year

• Advertisement

Tough one to call that . Probably the Dragons ,there fans will lose there **** and then they will turn to **** around May or June. They have huge forwards this year

Might last a bit longer this year if Widdop and Hunt gel.

Who do you think will make the 8? Really hard to call this year
    I will go
    STORM
    COWBOYS
    ROOSTERS
    PANTHERS
    BRONCOS
    SHARKS
    PARRA
    AND FOR THE CRAIC...
    THE KNIGHTS.

I think manly / warriors / and WESTS will all be sniffing around . This year's comp . Is going to be so so tight imo.

Who do you think will make the 8? Really hard to call this year
    I will go
    STORM
    COWBOYS
    ROOSTERS
    PANTHERS
    BRONCOS
    SHARKS
    PARRA
    AND FOR THE CRAIC...
    THE KNIGHTS.

I think manly / warriors / and WESTS will all be sniffing around . This year's comp . Is going to be so so tight imo.

Wouldn't it be great to see the Knights there or thereabouts, and the Warriors obviously! Your list isn't too far wrong imo. Broncos and Sharks replaced by two of the sniffing around teams maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

you boys all know about the watch nrl app , right??

you boys all know about the watch nrl app , right??

150 euro for the year. Bit steep for me on top of various other pay tv

• Advertisement

Another decent game, Dragons did well to limit the damage at half time to ten and were easily the better team after the break (without being great themselves), Sharks were very, very average second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Another decent game, Dragons did well to limit the damage at half time to ten and were easily the better team after the break (without being great themselves), Sharks were very, very average second half.

I didn't see the game - unusual for the Sharks to lose two in a row - any idea how they lost? Did Gallen play and if so - has he outstayed his welcome?

Danick wrote: »
    I didn't see the game - unusual for the Sharks to lose two in a row - any idea how they lost? Did Gallen play and if so - has he outstayed his welcome?

He played, started the game too, unlike last round. The discipline and handling just evaporated in the 2nd half, and they couldn't cope with the (very strong) wind against them as well as the Dragons did 1st half. St. George played with 12 for ten minutes too and Sharks didn't threaten at all. Lot of errors 2nd half, Cronulla just made more.

He played, started the game too, unlike last round. The discipline and handling just evaporated in the 2nd half, and they couldn't cope with the (very strong) wind against them as well as the Dragons did 1st half. St. George played with 12 for ten minutes too and Sharks didn't threaten at all. Lot of errors 2nd half, Cronulla just made more.

Thanks just saw a highlight there of MacDonald's try at the end of the night - it defies physics - amazing action and it's only the start of round 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That MacDonald try was terrific. The finishing blows me away at times.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

That MacDonald try was terrific. The finishing blows me away at times.

Defence and finishing has always been better in League. The finishing is breath taking at times

Live games on tomorrow:

Sydney Roosters v Canterbury Bulldogs kicks off at 7ish, followed by
    Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys kicks off at 9ish.

I'll miss both unfortunately.

Broncos and Cowboys was a pleasure to watch I really enjoyed it but probably because I had just watched the Roosters v Bulldogs ughhh. The Roosters starting to click and unfortunately the bulldogs so Far the worst team in the comp . Clueless performance by them bad going forward and bad defending very soft out wide. Ah well there's always next week.

Just watched the Cowboys game and I am sickened to say the least - that bounce for the Broncos try was unbelievable and we looked like we might nick it in the end only to be pushed into wrong side of the post - I've never seen that happen before - as JT said though they switched off after a good start in the first half and the rest is history - on to the next game - hope we have better luck!

Really enjoying the quality of games. Thought it might take a few rounds to get going but I've been entertained both rounds so far. (Hope I'm not jinxing the rest of this round!)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Really enjoying the quality of games. Thought it might take a few rounds to get going but I've been entertained both rounds so far. (Hope I'm not jinxing the rest of this round!)

Some very close games, and lot of the also rans look decent this year. Would be great if it was as close all year.

Warriors have won their first two games since 2009! #ouryear :pac:

Panthers getting a lot of calls go their way against the Souths this game (well this half, missed the first). Bunnies clinging onto a 2 point lead.

Edit: they couldn't hold the on, Panthers win.

Terrific result for the Tigers. What a fun season so far.

Knights, Warriors and Tigers unbeaten after 2, who'd have thunk it.

Sea Eagles thumped the Eels and Knights Raiders sounded like another classic.

Looked like a truly miserable day for the Eels.

Delighted to see the Knights start well. Ponga looks like he could be a future great.

Looked like a truly miserable day for the Eels.

Delighted to see the Knights start well. Ponga looks like he could be a future great.

It was a killer to see Ponga leave the Cowboys - he's exciting to watch this year.

Apparently the Eels did a huge warm up in 40 degree heat and we're sapped before kick off. They got thumped . I think alot of knights games this year are going to be thrillers Ponga is a great signing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

cant wait for the knights vs roosters game this weekend
    hope Pearcey puts them in their place :D

cant wait for the knights vs roosters game this weekend
    hope Pearcey puts them in their place :D

I'd love to see them win again too. Have you had a crack at the NRL last man standing? The more the merrier.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057849147/1

• Advertisement

Storm v Cowboys tomorrow, kickoff at nineish. On sky.

Should be a good game, no idea, as usual, about the winner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement