Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da Dawg pound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Guffy wrote: »
    Kevin Hogan is on the field in the 2nd quarter??? Migraine for kaizer taking him out..... :/

Continuing to get sacked ain't going to help the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Guffy

VillaMad wrote: »
    Continuing to get sacked ain't going to help the situation.

This line that was ranked as top 5 by many in pre season hasn't started all that hot

This line that was ranked as top 5 by many in pre season hasn't started all that hot

Hard to have any positives from that first half.

The touchdown that was scored was pretty much out of the blue. Second half could get ugly if this continues.

So after the defeat last week, it's another game on the road against the Colts and certainly this one is much more winnable.

Corey Coleman is out injured with another broken bone in his hand and will be out for some significant time but hopefully.

Still no Garrett but hopefully we can step it up today.

So 0-4 once again and I think the record is 2-29 over the last 31 games. Think that is a record.

The team have been getting worse as every week has gone on and as such, pessimism has set in again with some already looking at the Draft again next year.

On the positive side, Myles Garrett is finally available and should play today, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on. He was easily the best player available in the draft according to all the experts so can he replicate his form in the big time.

At the start of the season, a match at homes against the Jets would have been seen as a very winnable game but the Jets have been far better than what was expected so hopes are not high again as Kizer has struggled for consistency and the wide receivers have been muck.

• Advertisement

Kizer benched for the first drive of second half. 89 yards and an INT

Hogan goes 5/5 for 52 and a td to njoku in his first drive. The kid looked good when he came in for kizer when he had the mifrain issues too. Be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the half.

Browns as is almost to be expected at this stage are 0-6.

The team is a mess as usual with Kevin Hogan given the surprise start at the weekend only to play extremely poorly and throw 3 interceptions as they were routed by the Texans.

Not much real positives other than Myles Garrett, Njoku and McCourty and Duke Johnson who have all impressed at times, but on the whole it's been pretty awful.

Added to the mess, Hue Jackson or whoever makes these decisions has opted to bring Kizer back as the starting quarterback with Kevin Hogan now dropped to third choice. Cody Kessler who has been conspicuous by his absence so far is now second choice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Happy enough to see Kizer this sunday, hopefully our not very productive pass rush puts him under some pressure and force him to make some bad throws.. Titans need a win

Baffled at Sashi's sacking but more so at the announcememt of jackson coming back. The same man who gave his reason at not hiring an OC as the oline not being good enough and that he wanted to bite that bullet himself.... this is the same line that was touted as a top 5ish line before and during pre season.

• Advertisement

After a horrible 0-16 season, the obvious thing to say is that the only way is up for the Browns ahead of the free agent market opening and the with two picks in the top four in the draft in April.

The Browns will surely pick up a veteran QB in free agency. Kirk Cousins is the elite name but it looks like that he wants to win from day one at a new franchise and that won't happen at the Browns. He would be massively loved if he only led them to a modest amount of wins next year, such has been the trash served up in the past couple of years. Elsewhere, the Vikings QB's in Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater could be available. The latter two have major injury concerns. AJ McCarron could well be revisited but he would hardly be first choice and would also be very uninspiring.

As for the draft, it looks certain that the Browns will go for a rookie QB. Sam Darnold is the generally regarded number one QB with regards most of the mock drafts from NFL analysts. Rosen, Mayfield and Josh Allen are the other top 3 and Mayfield does seem to be the intriguing one for me. It's difficult though because Saquon Barkley is fantastic and is generally regarded as the best available player in the whole of the draft and Minkah Fitzpatrick would also be a huge upgrade in defense and start on day 1, but it's almost certain that the plan is a veteran qb and a rookie qb for next year and if a qb is taken at 1, you can't be certain of who will be there at 4.

VillaMad wrote: »
    After a horrible 0-16 season, the obvious thing to say is that the only way is up for the Browns ahead of the free agent market opening and the with two picks in the top four in the draft in April.

The Browns will surely pick up a veteran QB in free agency. Kirk Cousins is the elite name but it looks like that he wants to win from day one at a new franchise and that won't happen at the Browns. He would be massively loved if he only led them to a modest amount of wins next year, such has been the trash served up in the past couple of years. Elsewhere, the Vikings QB's in Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater could be available. The latter two have major injury concerns. AJ McCarron could well be revisited but he would hardly be first choice and would also be very uninspiring.

As for the draft, it looks certain that the Browns will go for a rookie QB. Sam Darnold is the generally regarded number one QB with regards most of the mock drafts from NFL analysts. Rosen, Mayfield and Josh Allen are the other top 3 and Mayfield does seem to be the intriguing one for me. It's difficult though because Saquon Barkley is fantastic and is generally regarded as the best available player in the whole of the draft and Minkah Fitzpatrick would also be a huge upgrade in defense and start on day 1, but it's almost certain that the plan is a veteran qb and a rookie qb for next year and if a qb is taken at 1, you can't be certain of who will be there at 4.

If McCarron is a RFA and the Browns give up a 2nd for him I'll be well pissed off. Reports are linking him to denver if he's an UFA.fingers crossed. Bring on the Cousins dynasty :)

If they do get Cousins i cant imagine them going qb high

If McCarron is a RFA and the Browns give up a 2nd for him I'll be well pissed off. Reports are linking him to denver if he's an UFA.fingers crossed. Bring on the Cousins dynasty :)

If they do get Cousins i cant imagine them going qb high
    I would absolutely love it but I just can't see Cousins happening. Any QB in the draft that interests you?

Atm I'm siding with darnold and Rosen but to tell you the truth, i generally wait until the pro days before i look at anything in depth.

Was listening to CBD last night and they were musing on the cards trading 15 and honeybadger for 4.... i think i would wet myself if this happened. Prob my fav db in the league.

Atm I'm siding with darnold and Rosen but to tell you the truth, i generally wait until the pro days before i look at anything in depth.

Was listening to CBD last night and they were musing on the cards trading 15 and honeybadger for 4.... i think i would wet myself if this happened. Prob my fav db in the league.
    Well the Browns have plenty of picks to play around with but of course this is the silly season and many different scenarios are played out.

Just see that McCarron has just won his grievance with the Bengals and he will therefore be a free agent. We know that Hue Jackson thinks a lot of him and putting and 2 and 2 together, you would have to reckon that he will push the boat out for him.

Wouldn't mind McCarron as a bridge and i can see hue throwing a boat load of money at him which i wouldn't be ecstatic about, but hey its not my money and at least its not picks. Once its front loaded and its not taking a chunk out of the cap in the future.

I imagine the McCarron to denver is prob a smokescreen to help in Cousins negotiations. March can't come quick enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Rumours in New York is the Giants at present will take Barkley at #2. This may be a smoke screen to the Browns over whoever the Giants think they’ll take at #1.

Just my own thoughts here but I’d be inclined to think the Browns will get Barkley at #4 so maybe this rumour is out there by the Giants hoping the Browns take Barkley at #1 to give them free reign for there QB. 3 of Rosen/Darnold/Allen & Mayfield will still be there, 75% chance the QB they want at #1 will still be there.

What you think? I would be gutted if we miss out on Barkley.

Ffs chatter of kizer to chiefs for a day 3 pick!!!!

Ffs chatter of kizer to chiefs for a day 3 pick!!!!

Haven’t heard this but I would be happy doing it for a second rounder. I think we’ll draft a QB and end up with Foles or Keenum too.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Haven’t heard this but I would be happy doing it for a second rounder. I think we’ll draft a QB and end up with Foles or Keenum too.

Day 3 is 4th round though. From What I've heard the relationship between kizer amd hue is very fractured, understandibly so, but this would be a ridiculous trade. Kizer prob needs to move if he's to succeed but from a team poont of view its a nonsense trade. Here's hoping its just silly season speak.

• Advertisement

Day 3 is 4th round though. From What I've heard the relationship between kizer amd hue is very fractured, understandibly so, but this would be a ridiculous trade. Kizer prob needs to move if he's to succeed but from a team poont of view its a nonsense trade. Here's hoping its just silly season speak.

Yes I k ow that :) I meant I’d be happy get back what we spent on him. Think he went #51 last year wasn’t it? So a second round pick in return I’d be happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Yes I k ow that :) I meant I’d be happy get back what we spent on him. Think he went #51 last year wasn’t it? So a second round pick in return I’d be happy with.

Don't think you'd get a pick near what you paid at this stage. He hasn't showed that he is ready to be a starter and the Browns have lost all their leverage given the conflict and that he'll likely be QB3 there next year.

Wow. This is just crazy.

Jarvis Landry traded from the Dolphins for a 4th in 2018 and a 7th in 2019. Great deal, you would think.

Tyrod Taylor traded from the Bills for the 65th pick. Mediocre for me and he wasn't mentioned amongst the Cousins, Keenum's, and McCarron's that were going to be available in free agency, but he did take them to the playoffs and is a fairly experienced so there is the bridge qb.

CB Damarious Randall probably famous from a Brown's point of view for a little spat with Josh Gordon last December has been traded from the Packers to the Browns with DeShone Kizer going the opposite way.

I know that Kizer started 15 games in a team that went 0-16 but I do think the kid had something and was thrown into the deep end as a rookie QB with a poor offense. Yes the interceptions was the major, major problem, but he did some good stuff too. Even though we were always going to get a bridge QB and draft a QB, I would have liked to see him be there in pre-season and see how he got on against the other two. Anyway, I feel that Green Bay will be perfect for him as he will sit behind Aaron Rodgers, and learn from one of the greatest and he can't ever have it as bad as he had with the Browns.

Pretty much agree with all of the above.

I want Mayfield

And how many winning seasons before this stops?
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wait as long as I've been an NFL fan the browns have been a disaster. Isn't one of the signs of the apocalypse the Cleveland browns finding a QB and been competitive ? Being a QB for the browns is like being the drummer for spinal tap.

Its a sad day for the parish, the great Joe Thomas retires after 11 seasons. In over 6000 passing snaps he only allowed 30 sacks. Obvious first ballot HoF.

So it finally looks set in stone in most reporters & beat writers eyes at least that the #1 pick is going to be a QB. I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach they’ll make a pigs ear of it!

Only thing that’s keeping me positive is that it seems to be Dorsey completely running the show now, (I imagine this because of AJ McCarron Landing in Buffalo) Hue without doubt wanted him last year & surely if he was calling he shots would of got him this year for free instead of trading for Tyrod?

Anyone think we’ll trade down out of 4 now? Tough one to call, I imagine if Barkley is gone off the board they will but will they have the leverage still if only 2 QB’s are gone?

I get that Barkley is yet another generational player but even if he is there at 4, do we want to draft him? I mean how much more production would we honestly get out of Barkley compared to a Hyde/Duke combo where both backs are constantly kept fresh in a rotation?

I think they will trade back if there is a market, hopefully they can play Denver and Buffalo off each other and only have to drop back to 5.

I'd like if they could address the secondary. I think Ward is the hot name at CB at the moment and taking that at face value it would be great if they could get that locked down for a few years. I would assume that would be their aim given they didn't manage to get a notable CB in FA and if Randall is going to play FS it will take them out of the running for Fitzpatrick.

Ian rappaport reporting now that the likelihood is that NYG will draft Chubb #2. Barkley is certain to be there at #4 now. Do we take him or trade down? Personally would love to see him in Cleveland but I’ve a feeling we’re gonna give that pick up.

Ian rappaport reporting now that the likelihood is that NYG will draft Chubb #2. Barkley is certain to be there at #4 now. Do we take him or trade down? Personally would love to see him in Cleveland but I’ve a feeling we’re gonna give that pick up.

Id love to see him wear the brown uniform but i dont think we can afford the luxury pick.

I can just see how the cogs turn in beatwriters heads. "O look at that, Giants traded JPP. Hey Chubb is a good player. I know!! 'O yes, reports suggest the Giants take Chubb at 2'."

• Advertisement

Id love to see him wear the brown uniform but i dont think we can afford the luxury pick.

I can just see how the cogs turn in beatwriters heads. "O look at that, Giants traded JPP. Hey Chubb is a good player. I know!! 'O yes, reports suggest the Giants take Chubb at 2'."

Rappaport is über reliable though in fairness, from what I’ve followed on him anyways. Do we get much value in that 4th pick though if for example Giants do take Chubb or even trade down.

Advertisement