Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solicitors preliminary exam for non graduates

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MandI82

If you find out for sure please share 😊

Can I ask if anybody has received results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lucy357

Hi I haven’t received results yet I email a couple of weeks ago and have had no reply - has anyone any idea when we would expect to hear about them - not that I’m holding out much hope of passing 🙈 but I’d like to know 🤣

Received a reply from the law society today regarding results see below;

I have not been given a confirmed date yet for the release of the Preliminary exam results.

I will follow up with the Examination Manager and I hope to be able to provide you with an approximate date shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deez28

Hi !!!!! How did you study for your preliminary?? And how did you find the exam? I’m thinking of doing mine next feb/march 2024. Literally having a mental breakdown as we speak lol there’s little to no information about them. Any information will help me PLS enlighten me i am desperate 🥹

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 deez28

Hello !!! I’m planning on sitting the prelim exam next year 2024 and i am beyond nervous and want to be extra prepared for it. Do you have any advice and tips?

I know I felt the same it’s very hard to get info especially from the law society! They only positive is you have loads of time - I didn’t last year so had no time to do a prep course as I only had little over a month between signing up and the sitting the exams! I used the exam papers you can get them through the law society - I felt they prepped me well except for the General Knowledge exam which was possibly the most obscure exam I have every taken it was impossible to prepare for! They usually issue a syllabus with recommended reading and just read the paper keep up to date with news and current affairs. I still haven’t got my results so could be sitting them again myself 🙈 but def start with the exam papers and don’t underestimate the general knowledge exam!

Thanks for the update, did you hear anything further from the Law Society? I was sure originally it was just me 🙈 this waiting is unreal. I had though it would be much sooner. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

100% general knowledge is a bizzare exam! It consists of the most random questions! Very best of luck. I sat these a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 S.T.I.D

Hello All,

I am taking the Preliminary Exams at the end of the month. Tried to get past papers from the Law Society, ordered them on the 27th and still haven't received them. Got in touch and was met with nothing of beneficial substance. I likely won't get to see a past exam paper so walking in blind.

I'm not too worried about English. General Knowledge from my readings I am now daunted by. What constitutes 'general knowledge' so any insight as it relates to same would be greatly appreciated. Any insights on irish government and politics would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement