Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eaglemoss DC Comics Graphic Novel Collection in Ireland

• 27-08-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Can anyone tell me if this collection is available in the Rep of Ireland? I've been seeing the ads for it on E4 and I think I just saw it on TV3?

google search Eaglemoss DC Comics Graphic Novel Collection to see what I'm talking about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

JoeMc94 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if this collection is available in the Rep of Ireland? I've been seeing the ads for it on E4 and I think I just saw it on TV3?

google search Eaglemoss DC Comics Graphic Novel Collection to see what I'm talking about

It is, I saw it in Easons only yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Kev W wrote: »

Is it worth getting or are they just a reprint of the graphic novels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Antibac wrote: »
    Is it worth getting or are they just a reprint of the graphic novels?

Haven't a breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Reprints of DC stories from varying ages (first two books are Hush). Some of them have never been collected before (like The Doom That Came To Gotham... Though that's being collected in November) or are out of print like Born to Run (Waid era Flash which is the best thing)

Available in all good comic stores and newsagents

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah I've seen some ads for this. Checked their website regarding the future pricing and the range they will be bringing out.

Have to say most of the interesting stuff I already have, and after the initial two launches at the reduced fee, it will be up at €16.99. Does make what appears to be an impressive collection, but have my own sort of reading plan laid out, so going to stick to that. Although I do have general DC interest, so will see how it goes and what the feedback is like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 JoeMc94

Kev W wrote: »

I went into easons in athlone today and its only in "the bigger Easons stores", if easons in lets say dublin sell it does that mean i can order them in athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

JoeMc94 wrote: »
    I went into easons in athlone today and its only in "the bigger Easons stores", if easons in lets say dublin sell it does that mean i can order them in athlone?

My local newsagent in Waterford got the first and said he can order in further issues if I want them so I'd imagine a similar place in Athlone could do it if they wanted to.

In all likelihood I won't get them, I'm already getting the two Marvel series and the Judge Dredd one so another €17 every two weeks is a bit much. Added to that the first part of the DC one was thinner than the average Marvel one and considerably less content than the Judge Dredd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I would love the Green Lantern ones that come with the premium edition. I'm already at 40 a month with comics, so I doubt I'll take the plunge. I'll probably grab part 2 to finish off Hush, but not much more than that, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thwip! wrote: »
    Reprints of DC stories from varying ages (first two books are Hush). Some of them have never been collected before (like The Doom That Came To Gotham... Though that's being collected in November) or are out of print like Born to Run (Waid era Flash which is the best thing)

Available in all good comic stores and newsagents

Oooh...! Any idea when that's out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

chrislad wrote: »
    I would love the Green Lantern ones that come with the premium edition. I'm already at 40 a month with comics, so I doubt I'll take the plunge. I'll probably grab part 2 to finish off Hush, but not much more than that, I'd say.

Is Part 2 definitely Hush Part 2? I assumed the second issue would be a different comic to prevent people just buying the first two issues and giving up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

syklops wrote: »
    Is Part 2 definitely Hush Part 2? I assumed the second issue would be a different comic to prevent people just buying the first two issues and giving up there.

Nope, part 2 is definitely Hush. Eaglemoss are not publishing the books in the same way that Hachette does with the Marvel and Judge Dredd series, Eaglemoss are going in sequence rather than bouncing all around and not publishing in order. From the looks of it you could buy say, the first 10 issues of the DC series and the spines would line up rather than having a complete hodge-podge the way Hachette does it.

On the face of it, it does seem to give people the excuse to bail out easily. Although I don't care about the spine image lining up anyway, some english people posting on other forums seem to really make a big deal of the spine image thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

I wanted to sign up for the premium subscription on the Eaglemoss website, turns out it isn't available outside the UK. Bugger, really liked the look of the extra subscription exclusives.

I wonder why when all their other subscriptions are available in Ireland? Oh well.

Oooh...! Any idea when that's out?

It's Volume 11, and Volume 2 is out tomorrow so provided they keep to schedule then it'll be out in 18 weeks :P

Thwip! wrote: »
    It's Volume 11, and Volume 2 is out tomorrow so provided they keep to schedule then it'll be out in 18 weeks :P

So it's pretty much forever away! It'll be worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ss3kev

LuvSpudz wrote: »
    I wanted to sign up for the premium subscription on the Eaglemoss website, turns out it isn't available outside the UK. Bugger, really liked the look of the extra subscription exclusives.

I wonder why when all their other subscriptions are available in Ireland? Oh well.

I have just ordered them online starting with issue 2. Under premium subscription (the big green box) it gives you the option to click "Customers from Eire please click here". I just got my confirmation e-mail yesterday. Hopefully this will help those who want these but can't purchase them in shops.

ss3kev wrote: »
    I have just ordered them online starting with issue 2. Under premium subscription (the big green box) it gives you the option to click "Customers from Eire please click here". I just got my confirmation e-mail yesterday. Hopefully this will help those who want these but can't purchase them in shops.
    Thank you very much for this! I even contacted them and they said it wasn't available in Ireland. Perhaps they made changes to the site in the last day or two.

Regardless, happy with the outcome. Thanks once again!

Worth noting that Green Lantern subscription bonus is essentially the first Geoff Johns Omnibus.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

was just about to order and notcied this in the payment

I will start my collection from issue 1. My first dispatch will include issues 1, 2 & 3. I authorise you to debit my card/account for €32.97 immediately. Thereafter I will pay £37.97 for 2 issues every 4 weeks. [Premium subscription prices: Issue 1: €4.99 | Issue 2: €11.49 | From issue 3 onwards: €16.49].

just wondering if its a typo on the £37.97 on the premium because on the standard sub it says

I will start my collection from issue 1. My first dispatch will include issues 1, 2 & 3. I authorise you to debit my card/account for €29.97 immediately. Thereafter I will pay €29.98 for 2 issues every 4 weeks. [Classic subscription prices: Issue 1: €4.99 | Issue 2: €9.99 |From issue 3 onwards €14.99]

so shouldnt it be €32.98 for premium?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Just jumped into the premium subscription, sure why not...

Yo Thwip!, is there a listing somewhere of what's coming when in this? Can't find...

• Advertisement

Yo Thwip!, is there a listing somewhere of what's coming when in this? Can't find...

You can find the list on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics_Graphic_Novel_Collection

Signed up for the Premium subscription. The amount was taken out but there is also another eaglemoss transaction for €14.98 out too?

Can't see where this is coming from, anyone see something I'm missing??

https://www.eaglemoss-secure.com/dc-books-new/orderarea_eire.html

L.S.F wrote: »
    Signed up for the Premium subscription. The amount was taken out but there is also another eaglemoss transaction for €14.98 out too?

Can't see where this is coming from, anyone see something I'm missing??

https://www.eaglemoss-secure.com/dc-books-new/orderarea_eire.html

You would have to ring them to confirm, but I reckon it was to bring you into the same timeframe as those such as myself who subscribed in the first month. I have so far been charged the initial amount and got the two batman:hush books, and have been charged a further 14.98 as well for the continuing subscription, although I haven't received the next two books yet. The delay is probably due to the an Post strike though.

Anyone getting the additional specials they are doing? I apparently signed up for these!? Crisis on Infinite Earth is the first one. €24.99 (Subscribers save a whole £1 on shop prices!!!) Suppose its good for almost 400 pages. Has a picture on the stem so suspect there will be a good few "specials"

3 of the first 5 have been delivered to me so far. Got a mail off them saying they didn't have enough stock of the others but will be sent. Haven't read any yet, still have a good few of the Marvel version from hattchet to read too and trying to track down issues I missed

How are people's subscriptions going?

Just got an email saying my Bookends will be delayed and also Issue 16 & 17 were sent out.

So far I'm missing issues 3, 7, 8, 14, 15

Just after sending off an email about the above and also when the specials get sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I've had them ordered in my local bookshop since the start. Seems to have missed this issue as it didn't arrive in on thursday like usual, said I'll call back next week. Did this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭dunworth1

L.S.F wrote:
    How are people's subscriptions going?

I've been subbing since the start I'm not missing any issues.

I get two a month

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

Great collection I think only thing I'm missing is the book ends but everything else is spot on and on time with the delivery each month, I got the 1st special of the green lantern books this week and it's great

I also signed up for the new marvel movie collection, 3 figures so far and looking forward to the rest now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭dunworth1

eg6 vtec wrote:
    Great collection I think only thing I'm missing is the book ends but everything else is spot on and on time with the delivery each month, I got the 1st special of the green lantern books this week and it's great

You should have gotten the book ends by now i got them 2 or 3 months back I'd get onto them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

dunworth1 wrote: »
    You should have gotten the book ends by now i got them 2 or 3 months back I'd get onto them

I sent them an email over a month ago and was told that the supplier is out of stock and as soon as they have them they would be sent out

**Edit**

Are they worth the wait?? As I have made my own ones to do for the moment

Advertisement