Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rest In Peace Pygmalion - Condolences thread only - No Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I never knew the guy but RIP. Very sad. My sympathies to his friends and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Paul was around C&H/boards as long as I've been here - one of the first posters I remember noticing because of his awesome username! It's going to be a quieter place around here without him :( Condolences to everyone who knew him, and especially his family.

RIP Pygmalion xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm going to lock this thread temporarily out of respect, according to the facebook page not everyone has been notified about this.

I'll reopen it as a condolences thread when theres more news.

Pigwidgeon

Mod note:

Unfortunately Paul's death has been confirmed by a family member. I am reopening this thread as a condolences thread only.

Any off topic posts or speculation post will be deleted and infracted. This is my only warning.

Rest in peace pygmalion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pygmalion/Paul. For a man I only met once or twice in person, he left some impression. One of the greatest characters I was lucky to get to know on-line. He was a huge part of making C&H the great forum it is today.

R.I.P. sir. Words won't do you justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Didn't really know the poor guy, bar the odd post here and wherever else, but I send my condolences to his family and friends regardless. Always a tragedy when a young person dies. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kaleidoscopic

I never met pyg but I spoke to him a good few times in IRC. So, so sad. A quality guy, may he rest in peace.

Previous nick, Arcade Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

RIP Pyg :( Sad to see you go, and I'm sure a loss to the world as you'd have gone on to do big things with computing I'm sure. :( Condolences to his family. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Rest in peace Paul/Pygmalion. My thoughts go out to his family/friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

RIP Pyggy :-V

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

RIP Paul. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Pyg was posting here when I first started posting on this forum and there too many memorable moments on this forum featured Pyg, he was a great poster and a terrific regular here.

RIP Pyg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Pygmalion was the first person I PM'd on boards. That was around the time that I first posted in C&H too. I remember spending late nights on here with him and all you guys too. His posts genuinely made me laugh more times than I can remember. He was a passionate poster and a vital component to what made me love everything about C&H and what kept me posting here for so long.

RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

RIP Pyg. Hope your happy wherever you are and I hope the angels are looking after you <3 We never spoke but from your posts you seemed like a true gentleman. Look after yourself sham <3 xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

RIP, Paul. I'm struggling to find words because this is all so wrong. I hope you find peace and happiness wherever you are now. I'm never going to forget you, "Lads.", all the silly quotes and in-jokes, PAC.. Everything. You were an absolute pleasure to know. Thoughts are with your family and anyone else who was lucky enough to know you, you're going to be missed so, so much. <3333333

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

R.I.P Pyg. Can't believe your tragic outcome. Your picture was on the door in work for the last month. I'd hoped I'd be able to take it down after you had returned home. I suppose it's not to be. I didn't know you very well, but I hope you're happy wherever you find yourself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Sad to hear this...it's very strange to think I won't see him around here anymore. :(

RIP Pyg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

RIP Paul/Pyg/bunbun.

Didn't know him particularly well, but had the pleasure of having a few drinks with him twice and chatting a little. One of the smartest people I knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

RIP Pyg.

Didn't know him amazingly well, and I know I got on his tits in the IRC a few times a year or two ago, but he was a good laugh, and a really clever bloke. Absolutely awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I didn't know Paul personally but I was really dissapointed to hear of his death. Checked in every day hoping to hear of his safe return. Very sad news.

Condolences to family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Hasn't sunk in at all yet. One of the funniest guys I've ever encountered online and also one of the smartest and most articulate. I'm not religious but it's times like these I really hope for an afterlife. RIP man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

This is such a shame. I wasn't very familiar with him, but it was clear how popular he was. Even looking at the response that this whole situation has generated, it's obvious that he was a great, really well-liked guy. From the sounds of things he helped make C&H what it was. RIP, Paul.

EDIT: Just to add to that, Paul's name is trending in Ireland on Twitter now. That says something. Rest in peace, Pyg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Goodnight Paul... I didn't know you, but followed your case religiously, and was not expecting anything but a little get-away vacation. I heard about it at 7pm, still can't get rid of the horrible sick feeling... the lack of information makes it worse too.

I'm also not religious, but I do want to believe in a "eternal dream"... and I have no doubt your dream-life will be amazing and filled with love, just how you filled other people's lives with love. I wish you could read all the nice things people have been saying about you. It's very touching ^^

I feel so heartbroken for him and his family.... how will they ever breathe again? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Gonna miss you Pyg, gonna miss you :( I'll never forget the craic on IRC, our silly debates, or even *those* stories.
    He was a good guy, and the world is less for his absence.

I woke up today hoping this was a horrible dream. For the last five weeks I kept waiting for him to post asking what all the fuss was about.

This forum has lost a truely great poster, and the world a truely great person. I never got to meet Paul at any of the meet ups but from what I knew of him from here and IRC he was a genuinely nice, smart and funny person.

Rest in peace Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I really don't know what to say. Was hoping against hope that he would return safe and well. I only got to meet him twice and both times I met him he was a really friendly and cheerful guy. I only wish I had the chance to meet him more often. :(

He was one of the wittiest posters on C&H and an extremely intelligent guy who could hold his own in any debate on any topic. He's gonna be missed a lot.

"Grand bit of posting there, Pyggy." R.I.P. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It's hard to know what to say about something like this. Pyg was a very funny and intelligent guy whose contributions had an immeasurable effect on my enjoyment of the forum. He was articulate and rational when entering a debate and he consistently expressed a great deal of wit. He helped lay the foundations for and drive the unstoppable force of mathematics in C&H through his set theoretic treatment of parallelograms.

I'll always remember the great craic that was had in IRC. Pyg had a great sense of humour and came up with some genius quotes. He always used his programming-wizardry as a force for good, giving the people the power to pull up compromising quotes against rogue ops. He respected the way of 'Lads' and was too fast for any of us to compete with during rounds of triviabot. After about two years of in-jokes, chat and conversations about things I didn't entirely grasp it's hard to believe he's gone. IRC just hasn't been right without his name in the sidebar and it saddens me to know I won't be able to talk to him again.

RIP Pygmalion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Can't even try to pretend I knew they guy, bar the one or two times i was on IIRC. So all i can say is R.I.P!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Woke up to such sad news. RIP pyggy. We always knew you had the best beard bbz.

Advertisement