Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book of Mormon...the musical

• 16-05-2011 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Don't know if many of you have heard of this show, it's nominated for a ton of Tony's. The musical is written by the team behind South Park...think Avenue Q/South Park/Spamalot...meet Mormonism.

Very non pc but very funny. AND you can listen to it all online ;)http://j.mp/mNs2Tf (no downloading so it's legal)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I actually read something about this the other week! I think there was an article in the Metro Herald about it if I'm remembering correctly? I'll have to have a listen to it tomorrow. I love Trey Parker and Matt Stone, they are absolutely hilarious and so talented!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Be careful who's around when you do...it's not just hilarious..parts are very borderline...interesting lyrics about female circumcision :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 electricwolf

Amazing! I've heard loads about this new musical and how it's doing in the US, didn't realise you could listen to any of it online! I'll go and have a listen now :)

Hoping to get to see it in the autumn but it really seems to be the hottest ticket in town! They did a deal with American Express which means tickets from April to September can only be booked by American Express holders :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I've just gotten into this now and its excellent. Looks like it might be going to London next year at some point.

Theres a dodgy cam version on a certain video site if one were inclined, not that I'm endorsing that kind of thing.

• Advertisement

Show is pretty much sold out (apart from premium seats) in NY until August 2012. First satellite production is Chicago in late 2012, wouldn't hold my breath for London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TMACK55

I am a huge fan of the musical. I live in London and each time I try to get tickets to the show i nNY it is sold out...I heard this week that it is coming to London at the prince of wales theatre - has anyone else heard it?

There seems to be a website up already http://www.thebookofmormonmusical.co.uk/

maybe that confirms it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

From above site:
    Since the success of the show on Broadway there have been inevitable rumours of a West End transfer. Sonia Friedman productions are currently working on the show with an aim to transfer at the beginning of the 2012 season in September. Much speculation as to where the show will finally settle has begun, with The Prince of Wales Theatre appearing to be the favoured destination.
    Copyright © 2011 The Book of Mormon Musical This is an unofficial website built by fans of The Book of Mormon

Doesn't seem like anything is definite at the moment, but it may well be on its way! :) Broadway.com has this article: http://www.broadway.com/shows/book-mormon/buzz/156375/the-book-of-mormon-eyes-west-end-run-in-2012/

Just back from seeing it in London this weekend. Wow, wow, and wow!

Absolutely stunning, hilarious show and such energy on stage and in the audience. Was really tempted to put our names down for the evening lottery when we left the matinee.

It's sold out for a few months but they're releasing tickets in 3 month blocks so keep an eye out and go see this show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Saw it the week before in London. Thought it was brilliant and I'm not even a fan of South Park, although I do like Avenue Q. I'll definitely go see it again. Amazing show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Am going over to London for a day trip just to see this, booked it over Christmas time for myself.

Am super excited for it, was listening to the songs on Spotify - they're so catchy, I could sing along after two listens :D

Listening to this now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0163np0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What's the cheapest place to get tickets for this? Preferably a Saturday show but if need be, could do Friday.

Saturday at 14:30 for £60 seems like good value but would prefer evening show by a mile and they are all prices at about £90.

Thanks

callaway92 wrote: »
    What's the cheapest place to get tickets for this? Preferably a Saturday show but if need be, could do Friday.

Saturday at 14:30 for £60 seems like good value but would prefer evening show by a mile and they are all prices at about £90.

Thanks

You can try the lottery at the theatre but otherwise don't expect discounts, it's still probably the hottest ticket in town.

athtrasna wrote: »
    You can try the lottery at the theatre but otherwise don't expect discounts, it's still probably the hottest ticket in town.

Will probably buy on a whim at some stage so but still not nice parting with that much money for a play.

Dying to see it though.

Will probably buy on a whim at some stage so but still not nice parting with that much money for a play.

Dying to see it though.

It's actually worth it. You're looking for tickets at a peak time too, midweek matinee or night show early in the week you might have some chance but not a weekend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd love to see this! It's on my list if I'm in London again this year.

(I need to start narrowing down said list, though) :o

athtrasna wrote: »
    It's actually worth it. You're looking for tickets at a peak time too, midweek matinee or night show early in the week you might have some chance but not a weekend

Both 100% not possible.

Both 100% not possible.

Pity, I'm a big fan of the midweek matinee day trip. Can usually pick up flights around 30 euro. 8am out, 9pm back, Gatwick with Ryanair, the cheapest way to see a show

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

I always do the lottery to see this show and have been fairly lucky with it. I always have a plan B in the event of not being lucky.

The lottery is usually very busy as the Prince of Wales Theatre is in the middle of tourist-ville. But sometimes it can be quieter if for example the weather is bad.

Failing the lottery, you can always try the returns queue.

Book of Mormon is an amazing show.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Needmockhelp

It is an amazing show!! Its so funny, Everyone should go see it before they die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dredging up an older thread but I saw this in New York last week and have honestly never laughed as much in my life. Wouldn't be a musicals guy usually but I've had the soundtrack on repeat since getting back, it's something everyone should try to see once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭youngblood

Is it ever going to tour this direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

youngblood wrote: »
    Is it ever going to tour this direction?

Might have issues with our horrendous blasphemy laws

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

im subbed to this thread, my kids love this and want to see it. whats the chance of this ever coming to bord gais? or do the big musicals never tour. ive no idea about musicals.

emo72 wrote: »
    im subbed to this thread, my kids love this and want to see it. whats the chance of this ever coming to bord gais? or do the big musicals never tour. ive no idea about musicals.

Big musicals tour, when depends on success of the resident production. As above, I can't see Book of Mormon being allowed here thanks to our blasphemy laws

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

Caranica wrote: »
    Big musicals tour, when depends on success of the resident production. As above, I can't see Book of Mormon being allowed here thanks to our blasphemy laws

wha? i thought you were joking about our blasphemy laws. theres no way it would be excluded because of that. i hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

emo72 wrote: »
    wha? i thought you were joking about our blasphemy laws. theres no way it would be excluded because of that. i hope.

Jerry Springer The Opera played here and that was far more blasphemous so there’d be no issue with Book of Mormon.

zac8 wrote: »
    Jerry Springer The Opera played here and that was far more blasphemous so there’d be no issue with Book of Mormon.

That was BEFORE the laws changed. Couldn't air under current laws and sadly the producer of that Jerry Springer production was brutally murdered 18 months ago in Turkey.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Going to see this in London in October, can't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This is coming to Dublin. No info on when but its coming....

thebookofmormonmusical.com/dublin

Advertisement