Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Joan Vickers - R.I.P.

• 20-04-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭

I have just gotten a call from Willow Connolly, to tell me that Joan Vickers has died. My hands are shaking at the moment writing this. Anyone who has played Poker in Dublin over the last number of years will know that Joan was a regular player, and a lover of the game, and a great person

May she rest in peace

Colette Murphy

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Christ that has taken me on the hop. Joan was a lovely woman, and I was only talking to her on Friday after her first visit to the Fitz in ages.

RIP Joan. Very sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

That is indeed sad news.

Regards to the family for their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Actually Dom,
    I have taken the link down,

I was only speaking to her on Friday night at the Scalps game, this has floored me a bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

That is so sad, Joan was a great person always smiling/joking - it was always a pleasure to play at the same table with her. I'm absolutely shocked by her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

everytime I see read something like this I can only think of the Tommy Tiernan sketch where he is going on to the kids shouting 'the world is f*ck\d'

didnt play alot of poker with her but had the pleasure of a long game of mythical down in Killarney last october with Smurph and Dennis also playing.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Very sad, Joan was always a pleasure to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

RIP - I was always struck by how much she seemed to love playing; hadn't seen her in the Fitz for a long old time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Very sad news.

RIP Joan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Very sad to hear.

RIP Joan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Wow that's incredibly sad and a real shock. Always had a laugh when Joan was at the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

This is horrible to read. Rest in Peace Joan , for some reason when it's someone so lively and full of personality it always seems to 'shock' a lot more and with her being so young it's just tragic. She had some great lines which made me grin a lot. One of those people who you hated to suck out on as you know her heart was in the game. Always enjoyed talking to her. Condolences to her family, A terrible loss for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

wow, she look great the last few times I saw her. Very nice lady and love the game and the craic at the table.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Sad news indeed. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭William Money

this is such a shock, Joan was such a lovely genuine person.

very sad news

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

OMG, thats shocking news. What a great character, she will be sadly missed, RIP Joan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I'm sure I should know Joan but cant but a face to the name...

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Very sad news,

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

This is a f***ed up world.

RIP Joan.

Sound lady. Great sense of humour. Will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

R.I.P Joan

this has thrown me for a loop my sincere condolances to her family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

A real lady and a pleasure to be at the table with.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Very very sad news. Always a laugh....

RIP.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

That's just terribly sad news. She was a real character and great craic. She'll be missed. RIP and condolences to the family. Player gone.

\Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Very sad and shocking news. RIP Joan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Boosh

My condolences go out to her friends and family.

I only met her a few times, was very friendly and a good laugh.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

RIP, condolences to her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Padraig06

A tragedy. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Very sorry to hear this....Best wishes to all family and friends (and Joan had a lot of friends at the poker table).

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Absolutely shocking news, another stalwart from the early days of the Fitz has moved to the next big game (Pat Crowe and Vernon spring immediately to mind). My condolences to her family. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

I'm in shock... was only talking to her in the Fitz last Friday! First played with Joan at the Sean Jethi Team Event last year. She was a popular player at the tables...

My sincere condolences to her family at this sad time

RIP Joan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Sincere condolences to her family. RIP

Advertisement