Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Jamie1999 wrote: »
    Hey lads got an offer who do I get onto for the WhatsApp group?

Did you get one today or in the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

Jamie1999 wrote: »
    Hey lads got an offer who do I get onto for the WhatsApp group?

Did you get sent medical clearance cert before the offer or is your medical still valid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamie1999

Harveli18 wrote: »
    Congrats on the offer. Did you receive it in the last few days? I had to go in and meet with the superintendent yesterday to finalise a few things with my vetting but I’m thinking even if my vetting gets completed and signed off I’ll probably miss out on May at this stage?

Thanks for that
    I got my offer on the 26th of April 2021, I met the superintendent last March 2020 and only got my offer this year, I’m almost sure there is another intake for the summer so watch out for that

Did you get one today or in the last few days

25th of April

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Did you get sent medical clearance cert before the offer or is your medical still valid?

I got the email about my medical being out of date after 12 months on 23 of April and submit it straight away and got the offer then on the 26th of April but I rang that morning to make sure they got my email of my clearance and to see where my vetting was at and within 40 minutes I had my offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lor198

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone else was contacted by there local starion this week. One of the sergeants called me, explaining he was looking to call to my house but could not find it. He asked if I could call into the station some day. I explained that I had already been back in October 2019, and met the superintendent. He said there was nothing to worry about but that he is just following protocol. Im calling in Wednesday, but now im worried, Ive never done anything wrong, but there is cousins in my family I hardly know and haven't seen in years that would of been in and out of jail.
    Im 2018 applicant, passed everything apart from eye laser first time, and I phoned hr 2 weeks ago, who explained a tiny amount of vetting still needed tp come back as cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Lor198 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone else was contacted by there local starion this week. One of the sergeants called me, explaining he was looking to call to my house but could not find it. He asked if I could call into the station some day. I explained that I had already been back in October 2019, and met the superintendent. He said there was nothing to worry about but that he is just following protocol. Im calling in Wednesday, but now im worried, Ive never done anything wrong, but there is cousins in my family I hardly know and haven't seen in years that would of been in and out of jail.
    Im 2018 applicant, passed everything apart from eye laser first time, and I phoned hr 2 weeks ago, who explained a tiny amount of vetting still needed tp come back as cleared.

Hi,
    I’m also 2018 campaign with everything completed since 2019 just waiting on vetting to be completed. I also got a call last week to go in and meet with the superintendent. I too was worrying but they explained to me that they were sent my file and asked to go through a few bits with me like a few questions about the level of contact I have with a certain family member, which I explained that I don’t have any contact with this person and they were happy with everything then said that hopefully when they send it back that should be my vetting wrapped up. Here’s hoping anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lor198

Thanks,
    Yes thats all it was, but they had already asked me about these cousins, but apparently they needed to recheck again.

Lor198 wrote: »
    Thanks,
    Yes thats all it was, but they had already asked me about these cousins, but apparently they needed to recheck again.

Yeah same as that it was literally just the same sort of questions I had to answer before. I’m not sure why they needed to go over it again but at least there’s movement with our files and hopefully we might get the call soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

I havent heard back from my local station and I rang Appointments and they gave me no information. Would it be worth ringing my local station for the sit downs with the sergeant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Briano1996 wrote: »
    I havent heard back from my local station and I rang Appointments and they gave me no information. Would it be worth ringing my local station for the sit downs with the sergeant?

I’m in the same position , can’t harm ringing your station I guess , I wouldn’t be panicking about that stage till after pct but at the same time it would be nice to have it out of the way

Briano1996 wrote: »

I had my fitness and medical done months before I had my sergeant or super meeting hrm woudnt give me any info so I went down to my location station ask them is there a sergeant about.meet the sergeant and she actually done my meeting there and then. She said she was meant to get around to ringing me.
    So I woudnt wait around go down and see

I had my fitness and medical done months before I had my sergeant or super meeting hrm woudnt give me any info so I went down to my location station ask them is there a sergeant about.meet the sergeant and she actually done my meeting there and then. She said she was meant to get around to ringing me.
    So I woudnt wait around go down and see

Just wondering did you hear any more about your file is it still at the commissioners office?

Just wondering did you hear any more about your file is it still at the commissioners office?

Still emailing them every few days and still saying no update yet.hopefully hear soon. Be nice to get that bit over and done with

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Hi everyone, does anyone have a WhatsApp group setup for the may intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Anyone else meet there super but have no Medical or fitness done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Hi everyone, does anyone have a WhatsApp group setup for the may intake?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Purgatory123

Yes I have :)

Is there many waiting from 2018 for vetting?? Any ideas what the hold up is?

I’m
    From 2018 and my vetting only cleared there in last month

• Advertisement

I’m 2018 myself waiting on vetting. Last time I checked they said they were waiting on a small part of vetting to come back so I’m going to check in with them tomorrow to see if there’s any changes. There seems to be a few still waiting from 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

if anybody needs any questions answered about the training or what to expect in the college and online feel free to pm me. I'm intake 202 and have been threw the entire process and i'm back in the college now finishing off the last few weeks of phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

if anybody needs any questions answered about the training or what to expect in the college and online feel free to pm me. I'm intake 202 and have been threw the entire process and i'm back in the college now finishing off the last few weeks of phase 1.

Have they been fitness testing you guys since you returned?

What was the three weeks online like? Intense 9-5 learning with exams and assignments or zoom style classes with a lecturer

I’m 2018 myself waiting on vetting. Last time I checked they said they were waiting on a small part of vetting to come back so I’m going to check in with them tomorrow to see if there’s any changes. There seems to be a few still waiting from 2018.

Yeah they keep saying the exact same thing to me, “a small bit” I’d love to know what that means

Does anyone have an idea on how long your file can be at the commissioners office ? And do they email you when it’s signed off?

Does anyone have an idea on how long your file can be at the commissioners office ? And do they email you when it’s signed off?

My file was in the commissioner’s office about a year ago and went back out again, I rang them last week and they did say they will email once it’s cleared, I still call them about once a week anyways to check

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I can’t believe we haven’t heard anything about PCTs and medicals - was really expecting it by now

AD07 wrote: »
    I can’t believe we haven’t heard anything about PCTs and medicals - was really expecting it by now

It must be this week, I don’t think they have enough with everything completed to fill the 75 for July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

It must be this week, I don’t think they have enough with everything completed to fill the 75 for July

Oh do you think they don’t? I really hope so

Advertisement