Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭irelandrover

i had 2 orders and both failed as well. both were with different cards

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Got a failure notice for one of my 3 instalments due out alright.

I guess they're working through the rest and I should just wait for the other notifications.

My card remains untouched as it stands.

Fair play to them for being so bloody inept at even taking money at the appointed time.

Account website is down for maintenance as it stands. So nothing to do but wait til later.

EDIT: Got into my account there and only one batch has a failure. The rest are as they were. Will wait til they all take money or fail and sort them out in one go. Checked the card details on the account and they're the correct ones as well. Amazing work.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I also got an instalment payment failure mail today, despite the card used being in very good health. Strange stuff, their system is obviously a little broken.

I just paid that one there to get it out of the way, because no doubt there is more messing to occur over the weekend if this is anything to go by.

I wish you could just pay the installments whenever ya want given this silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Failure notice received, just logged in and paid by inputting CVV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Any spares espically for the Bordeaux and Nantes games I would appreciate a message!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

I just paid that one there to get it out of the way, because no doubt there is more messing to occur over the weekend if this is anything to go by.

I wish you could just pay the installments whenever ya want given this silliness.

Great idea. I just went for the installment route because my bank put a blocker on the big payment. I'd be prepared this time and pre-notify my bank..
    Just don't want these installment to fail without me noticing and get in the way of me and my tickets

Great idea. I just went for the installment route because my bank put a blocker on the big payment. I'd be prepared this time and pre-notify my bank..
    Just don't want these installment to fail without me noticing and get in the way of me and my tickets

Aye.

---

Thankfully both subsequent transactions came out as expected.

Roll on May!

Any spares espically for the Bordeaux and Nantes games I would appreciate a message!

They're gonna be the easiest ones to get tix for. I wouldn't be worrying. Should have no issue in the individual sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

For those whose installment failed, do you happen to have an additional security layer on your card? E.g. I’m with BOI and had to verify my payment with a code I received by text. Wondering if that’s got anything to do with it.

• Advertisement

For those whose installment failed, do you happen to have an additional security layer on your card? E.g. I’m with BOI and had to verify my payment with a code I received by text. Wondering if that’s got anything to do with it.

Yup. It never tried the transaction. Revolut never got it.

The second pair went through okay.

Seems to be just a france2023 mishap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I was using revolut as well so maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't mind too much as I got the email and could easily pay. At least they give you a few days to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Mine failed as well. Very easy to miss that email.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭timfinnegan

i had 2 orders and both failed as well. both were with different cards

Snap same thing happened me.

The French rugby World Cup 2023 website is appalling, very hard to rectify the payment issue and navigate around the website. Somebody said that it looked like it was designed by a 5th year student as part of their transition year project.
    The whole French farce is nearly putting me off going to the country for the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Keep an eye out for the second payment which is due to come out today. This is the second payment if you were successful in the open ticket sale in April.

Keep an eye out for the second payment which is due to come out today. This is the second payment if you were successful in the open ticket sale in April.

That would be for those who were successful during the second sale.

I had a mild heart attack yesterday when my mate said it to me. Thankfully I'm on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Third instalment should have gone out of my account this weekend, another email this morning to say collection failed, seems they still haven’t got their system sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

New round of tickets coming September 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

I can't find out if they are tickets for individual games or not

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Sounds like packages again. From the FAQs on the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I hope they have bought a few more Gerbils to power their server.

The last sales period was an absolute shambles.

What do you expect when millions of people are attempting to buy tickets? Including the touts with all their resources

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

What do I expect from a Rugby World Cup ticketing service?

Moderate competence would be top of the list. It was anything but.

Presumably you're referring to the Q? What alternative do you propose?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

gullivers sports travel has Hotel and Ticket packages for all of the individual irish games if anyone wants to book through them. Their packages don't include flights but that's fine cause it's a UK company anyway

Maybe not the cheapest way to get them, but maybe of interest to some people?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Expensive way of getting tickets when all the ticket phases have not happened yet. Hotels won't sell out in big cities like Paris either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

yeah it's not cheap. but some people might prefer the security of knowing that they have something booked rather than trying to run the gauntlet of world rugby's crappy website and the potential of having to buy off a tout later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Any idea what the packages that are available next week are?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Email in this morning....of you missed put in earlier ticket sales this might actually suit you as you can choose the 2 games you want to attend in say Saint Denis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You can choose one of the 2 games , the other is fixed.

It says "2 Pool matches including one of your choice"

Advertisement