Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EU/NI online shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

www.motardinn.com

Comes from Spain. Used a few times. Significantly cheaper on a helmet I was looking for and visors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

for info, in case anyone is interested in delivery times. I placed an order from louis on 29th April, it arrived on 6th May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Be careful with Louis. I have been shopping with them for 20 years online and over the last 2 years had two rather unpleasant experiences.

They messed up a refund after I returned an exhaust. Turns out they refunded me the wrong amount and I didn't notice. 6 months later they just decided to debit my credit card for the 200 odd euro without saying anything !

More recently I ordered 3 different k&n air filters. Turns out one wasn't in stock for a couple of weeks. No bother I thought, wasn't in a hurry. Fast forward a month and they cancelled the entire order and refunded my money without even the slightest of contact.

They used to be a great company to deal with online but have taken a nose dive recently. On the flip side their stores are amazing and you feel like you're walking into a family run local business every time you visit.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Be careful with Louis. I have been shopping with them for 20 years online and over the last 2 years had two rather unpleasant experiences.

They messed up a refund after I returned an exhaust. Turns out they refunded me the wrong amount and I didn't notice. 6 months later they just decided to debit my credit card for the 200 odd euro without saying anything !

More recently I ordered 3 different k&n air filters. Turns out one wasn't in stock for a couple of weeks. No bother I thought, wasn't in a hurry. Fast forward a month and they cancelled the entire order and refunded my money without even the slightest of contact.

They used to be a great company to deal with online but have taken a nose dive recently. On the flip side their stores are amazing and you feel like you're walking into a family run local business every time you visit.

The refund issue can happen with any company and the reverse is also possible, where they undercharge and take the remaining money without notice, its how the payment systems work. Its also your responsibility to check your statements regularly.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    A business is keeping a users credit card information for 6 months after a transaction? That's not what your supposed to do and I think your bank would love to hear about that

Your bank sends them the money it's been that way for a long time. Similarly if you cancel a credit card and get a new one issued the debt will be paid from the new card.

You owe the money and the company is entitled to it.

https://www.carpimoto.it/en-IE/
    Carpimoto in Genoa, Italy. I've bought rizoma stuff from them and had it delivered to Cork in less than 24 hours. I couldn't get stuff delivered from Lee motorcycles 8km away that fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

Carpimoto in Genoa, Italy. I've bought rizoma stuff from them and had it delivered to Cork in less than 24 hours. I couldn't get stuff delivered from Lee motorcycles 8km away that fast!

Hadn't heard of that one - thanks. Some massive reductions on engine oil there, I see.

• Advertisement

I think you should re-read the post. The shop just randomly took money from his card 6 months later. When I was involved in any credit card transactions once you put it through you don't store the details. Sounds like they have a PCI compliance issue

The shop didn't randomly take money from the account they fixed an incorrect transfer. They should have complained to their bank who sent the money back as they sent the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Let's agree that this situation is still better than the money spontaneously combusting on devil!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I think you should re-read the post. The shop just randomly took money from his card 6 months later. When I was involved in any credit card transactions once you put it through you don't store the details. Sounds like they have a PCI compliance issue

Just to clarify this, the retailer would have to contact their credit card provider to process the sale, no PCI issue there.

The retailer not contacting the customer is a bit bad form, but not unheard of. If anything, the customer COULD raise a chargeback, as an auth code only holds for 10 days or so. And the bank would more than likely grant it. The mistake was by the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

21% off GP4 RR monoblocs at the moment.
    Grab them while you can! :)

https://www.carpimoto.it/en-IE/51189_XB9L2A1-Brembo-GP4-RR-P4-32.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blade1 wrote: »

21% off GP4 RR monoblocs at the moment.
    Grab them while you can! :)

https://www.carpimoto.it/en-IE/51189_XB9L2A1-Brembo-GP4-RR-P4-32.htm

I bought a Yoshi full exhaust for one of my wife's bikes from them years ago. I remember saving hundreds over the UK price. It came really quickly too.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I bought a Yoshi full exhaust for one of my wife's bikes from them years ago. I remember saving hundreds over the UK price. It came really quickly too.

Yep they do some deals alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

https://www.cmsnl.com/ (Netherlands)

Vast selection of OEM parts. Delivery is steep on small orders mind.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Used them a lot for my NSR but as you said shipping is a complete piss take.

Nut job isn't too bad for honda parts, if they have it in the cost is similar and shipping is a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ordered stuff from Louis last Friday, arrived Wednesday.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Another for the list

https://avdb-moto.fr/shop/en/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭robbie_63

Hi Folks,

Has anyone ordered stuff from SportBikeShop in the UK lately?

Just curious to see if they are getting caught for customs \ extra charges

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Tech_Head

I haven’t ordered from them or helmetcity in a while but have heard of them being charged import tax on other forums - sometimes it still works out cheaper but best that you budget for it.

Have used this Italian site three times now and has worked well each time for me. Website is a pain as translation isn’t great but the goods arrived relatively quickly and always in excellent condition - Pogliani (can’t post links)

Pogliani srl Viale Brianza 44 20092 Cinisello Balsamo (Mi) P.iva 00780760153

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Bought a jacket in lee motorcycles in Cork, join the loyalty scheme (details on their website) and get a discount. Cheapest price for the jacket even before discount was applied

Tried buying an exhaust system (Arrow) from a gaggle of Italian suppliers, but they could not get the payment to go through. Contacted PTSB here and they could see 3 attempts at pre-Authorisation, but at a zero value. The bank assumes all zero-value attempts are bogus/fraud attempts, and to tell retailer to put it through for €1 or something, but the Italians gave up.

Ordered a different exhaust from the States on Monday 16th, arrived here 24th, fitted 24th !! Easy-peasy.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone bought anything off motardinn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Seems to be a few issues with online payments [credit cards] these days. A retailer in cork! declined a card and blamed the bank. The bank said no problems here and pointed back to Cork, Cork then blamed the card company. The card company said no issues here and pointed back to the payment system been operated by the retailer! Finally, the retailer in cork pulled the finger out and admitted it was the website card payment system operates by a 3rd company that was to blame. It took me a week to get my head around all that. I will be staying off the internet of things for a while now I think.

Dan.

I've had that a few times in the last month. In each case the retailer blamed (my) bank. My bank said 'nope', that the retailer (or to be more accurate, their credit card merchant) was doing a pre-authorisation on the card, but at € 0.00. PTSB automatically block those as potential fraud, and told me to get the retailer to pre-authorise it for 50c, or a €1 and it would be fine, but the retailer couldn't be bothered.

Went elsewhere (US), problem sorted.

Ode To The Motorist

Be careful shopping outside eu these days.

I've had 8 parcels since July sent back without being notified.

Apparently taric codes or ioss numbers are the problem.

Senders saying documents in order and an post saying they are not.

A right pain in the hoop.

• Advertisement

I think they used to charge about 20 iirc

Picked up a few bits today shipping was 9.95

Advertisement