Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Arsenal11 wrote: »
    One for in house staff..

There is train host jobs in cork on the circular this week..

Anyone know how many jobs are actually available? And what the roster in cork is like?

All help much appreciated ��

Doesn't specify but does say

"We welcome applications for the role(s) of Train Host in Kent Station, Cork.
    Operating on-board services between Cork/Dublin/Cork."

Don't know, as it said role(s) is it more than 1 position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

And knowing irish rail, the job/jobs prob already given out 😂

Joys of it.!

Any idea what pay scale for train host is ? And hours contract, talks their reducing it to 39 hours.

I'm a limerick gatekeeper willing to move anywhere, but can't get anything 💩

I think it's a 10yr scale, start at 31k - 41k.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

Anyone get any response yet for Driver positions

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

Anyone get any response yet for Driver positions

Stil nothing :-(

• Advertisement

Debs86 wrote: »
    Stil nothing :-(
    :( tough going waiting so long

Irish rail are VERY slow. Horrible to put people through it. But it's perfectly normal for them. Best of luck with the driving lads, ye will have a super job if successful

Hi all, did anybody get a call yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RM120919

I still haven't heard anything, i sent an email about 3 weeks back but no response to that either :(

RM120919 wrote: »
    I still haven't heard anything, i sent an email about 3 weeks back but no response to that either :(

same for me, suspense is a killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Newguy101

Hi all, did anybody get a call yet?

Got a call yesterday evening from a mobile phone number.
    Starting course June 8th.
    They said they are flat out with different recruitment drives going at the same time so it’s taking a lot longer than expected to get back to people.

Newguy101 wrote: »
    They said they are flat out with different recruitment drives going at the same time so it’s taking a lot longer than expected to get back to people.

Well done, best of luck

Well done, best of luck

Thanks. I’m over the moon!

The wait was tough but at least there’s movement again, so keep positive

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Green is Growing

I got through the first 3 online assessments for Driver about a year ago but never heard anything back despite reading on here many others have progressed with the training.

I presume it's a depot preference thing?

I got through the first 3 online assessments for Driver about a year ago but never heard anything back despite reading on here many others have progressed with the training.

I presume it's a depot preference thing?

No, if you've passed the assessment it goes to medical and interview and then, it's depot preference on how many successful candidates get to that part.

If say there's 2 spots now and 5 candidates, the 3 who are not successful will go on a panel that last for 2 years and any further spots that come up in the depot in that period, the other 3 will get the chance to take it up or turn it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lynchd12

I got that call too. Was chuffed. Guess I'll be seeing you soon! Fingers crossed for everyone.else !

lynchd12 wrote: »
    I got that call too. Was chuffed. Guess I'll be seeing you soon! Fingers crossed for everyone.else !

Awh congrats men, well done it has been a long and hard process!! :-) big well done!!

Do you mind me asking if you were all offered training on 8th june?? I’m praying hear something back, they contacted my job etc for references I’m just hoping even if I don’t get invited for training until a later date that they will still call and let me know if I was successful etc

Ah nice one! Congrats! Cant wait to get in there and get started now.
    Did you happen to ask how long the training lasts by any chance? I was lost for words on the call and meant to ask but completely forgot haha

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

Ah nice one! Congrats! Cant wait to get in there and get started now.
    Did you happen to ask how long the training lasts by any chance? I was lost for words on the call and meant to ask but completely forgot haha

It’s about a year training between training school and getting driving hours on the diesels, not sure about DART

Awh congrats men, well done it has been a long and hard process!! :-) big well done!!

Do you mind me asking if you were all offered training on 8th june?? I’m praying hear something back, they contacted my job etc for references I’m just hoping even if I don’t get invited for training until a later date that they will still call and let me know if I was successful etc

Yeah I was offered 8th of june anyway. It was basically a verbal offer and she said there's an email offer coming this week to make it official.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was offered 8th of june anyway. It was basically a verbal offer and she said there's an email offer coming this week to make it official.

Well done, not giving you much time if you had to give a bit of notice to your current employer

Well done, not giving you much time if you had to give a bit of notice to your current employer

Yeah that was my concern too. Didn't want to leave my current role so hastily but that's just how the cookie crumbles I guess. Hope some of you get the news today!

Any Idea what hotel ye are staying in ? One of the lads is doing the cso course, and hasn't been told what hotel yet

There's 3 that they use.

The Sheldon
    The Aspect
    The Ashling

You'd hope and pray it's the Ashling given the location and it's a very decent hotel, the rest are glorified Holiday Inn's.

But, given it's IR, they could set the classes up pretty much anywhere depending on availability.

Got a thanks but no thanks today, gutted to say the least. big disappointment after getting through everything... best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RM120919

I'm in the same boat, very disappointing after so long but good experience sure! Best of luck to everyone else!

Is there anybody else still waiting? I haven’t gotten an offer or rejection yet... I don’t know what to be thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bealtaine21

I got an unsuccessful email yesterday too. Had medical on 29 March. Well done to everyone that got through. I’ve been following the thread but hadn’t contributed. Hope anyone waiting to hear gets good news

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Is there anybody else still waiting? I haven’t gotten an offer or rejection yet... I don’t know what to be thinking

I’m in the same position as yourself, my medical was the 29th, haven’t heard anything since submitting references

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bealtaine21

I was never asked for references just FYI so hopefully that is a good sign for you

Advertisement