Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

aspect query communication etiquette

• 10-05-2021 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I had aspect query a while ago and person from Revenue I deal with usually would say "my manage want this" or "my manager request that"

Form of etiquette or something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

pat42 wrote: »
    I had aspect query a while ago and person from Revenue I deal with usually would say "my manage want this" or "my manager request that"

Not sure what your question is here? Aspect queries are carried out in line with the code of practice for Revenue Audit and interventions. The definition from the code is below.

Definition of an Aspect Query
    An Aspect Query is regarded as a short, targeted intervention for the purpose of
    checking a particular risk (often shown by Revenue’s REAP or RTR system – see
    paragraph 1.5). An Aspect Query can be conducted by telephone,
    secure-email, letter or visit. The query may include a request for documentation.
    The taxpayer (and agent) will generally be told why the query is being made.
    Aspect Query case working may act as a precursor to ‘Revenue Audit’. These
    compliance interventions are not regarded as Revenue Audits and they do not
    restrict a taxpayer’s right to make an ‘unprompted qualifying disclosure’.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

without been a grammar nazi your post is misspelled, not clear on what you are asking and poorly put together. Without knowing all of the facts it may have been a case of misunderstanding on your side rather that I don't know what on the Revenue's side.
    pat42 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 26,024 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Could be just a mannerism of the official concerned; they are presenting what they say to you not as their position but as the position of a more senior person, in the belief that this gives it a greater authority.

Could also be that the person is quite new to the Revenue, or to running aspect queries, and lacks confidence. They may be positioning themselves to answer any questions you may have with "I don't know — I'll have to check with my manager".

Advertisement