Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Amazing news!

Was literally only wondering this morning when we would get an update.

If the RDS is getting renovated you'd wonder where the next suitable venue would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PCros wrote: »
    Amazing news!

Was literally only wondering this morning when we would get an update.

If the RDS is getting renovated you'd wonder where the next suitable venue would be.

Needs to be somewhere with seating..

Aviva?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bennyl10 wrote: »

Aviva?

Could be an option

a little bit of logistics nightmare for organisers given the difference in ticket prices between golden circle, GA standing and Seated tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Weezer after releasing a belter of an album so will have to consider this one, although a Monday doesn't suit at all

bennyl10 wrote: »

Aviva?

God I hope not, sound is woeful in there and its not even sold out yet so would be half empty.

There is not much choice in capacities with Dublin stadiums - you either go up loads or down loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭endainoz

God I hope not, sound is woeful in there and its not even sold out yet so would be half empty.

There is not much choice in capacities with Dublin stadiums - you either go up loads or down loads.

The Aviva would be better than the RDS anyway, but somewhere like Marley Park would suit everyone much better I think.

endainoz wrote: »
    The Aviva would be better than the RDS anyway, but somewhere like Marley Park would suit everyone much better I think.

Soundwise? Hardly...with the place half empty it would be worse.

Possible Malahide or Marley but would MCD fork out on temp grandstand seating or offer people a refund/standing ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It was mostly sold in the RDS before the reschedule

It’s more you need somewhere with seating

Soundwise? Hardly...with the place half empty it would be worse.

Possible Malahide or Marley but would MCD fork out on temp grandstand seating or offer people a refund/standing ticket.

I was going by more facilities wise, hadn't noticed much difference in sound quality between the two, but a sold out RDS is borderline dangerous. Was there for Fleetwood Mac in summer of 19, only one way in and out of the pitch standing area, was an absolute nightmare. A person with anxiety issues would have really freaked out. Great gig all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

I'll have GNR the day after

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

endainoz wrote: »

I've only been to one gig in the Aviva and thought it was great overall, as mentioned the exciting of the stadium is way easier/safer than the RDS. If the RDS is not available then Aviva really would be the easiest alternative as it has seats vs Malahide or Marley. Ill probably pick up a ticket soon enough anyways no matter the location.

The pandemic may of put a halt to the RDS redevelopment plans

Sat in the Anglesea Stand for 2 shows in 2019 and its in bad need of redevelopment. Bloody metal bars obstructing the view of the stag, bought a ticket for the new stand for this show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mushy wrote: »
    Weezer after releasing a belter of an album so will have to consider this one, although a Monday doesn't suit at all

Mondays suck for gigs but it was a Monday that we bought for originally

Shedite27 wrote: »

With the resheduling I have crowded house on the Sunday and green day on the Monday, with the gig drought currently going on, the day of the week won't matter to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Shedite27 wrote: »

Yeah I haven't bought yet, was never Abe to commit and still may not, it just makes it bit harder

Jesus who would of thought when tickets went on sale August 2019 that the show would not take place (and still might not) in June 2022

Bloody thrilled last new years eve listening to the bands and thinking in excitement what's ahead for the summer but covid had other ideas.

Life is up from here hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus who would of thought when tickets went on sale August 2019 that the show would not take place (and still might not) in June 2022

Bloody thrilled last new years eve listening to the bands and thinking in excitement what's ahead for the summer but covid had other ideas.

Life is up from here hopefully

I bought a ticket for Ozzy Osbourne in September 2018 :rolleyes:

drake70 wrote: »
    I bought a ticket for Ozzy Osbourne in September 2018 :rolleyes:

Same, i got a refund when after they announced that the 1st rescheduling of the 2nd Feb 2020 was cancelled. Then it was refixed for the 5th Nov 2020 but as we know covid messed that up and now its set for 1st March 2022. Can Ozzy get through a full tour ?

Same, i got a refund when after they announced that the 1st rescheduling of the 2nd Feb 2020 was cancelled. Then it was refixed for the 5th Nov 2020 but as we know covid messed that up and now its set for 1st March 2022. Can Ozzy get through a full tour ?

A friend is holding the tickets which were bought in the Sound Cellar, so even if we wanted a refund we need to wait for Tommy to open back up.

Ozzy lasting for a tour? I doubt it :(

A friend is holding the tickets which were bought in the Sound Cellar, so even if we wanted a refund we need to wait for Tommy to open back up.

Ozzy lasting for a tour? I doubt it :(

The travel alone would be to much

but Axl Rose/Dave Grohl performed concerts sitting down in the throne and Phil Collins has to sit for all his shows now (and not for his natural stance behind a drum kit) and i wouldn't put it past Ozzy to do something like that

• Advertisement

The travel alone would be to much

but Axl Rose/Dave Grohl performed concerts sitting down in the throne and Phil Collins has to sit for all his shows now (and not for his natural stance behind a drum kit) and i wouldn't put it past Ozzy to do something like that

Hope so, was really looking forward to this back when I was a young lad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

Bank transfer refund for tickets bought at an outlet:
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000178458

Axl Rose/Dave Grohl performed concerts sitting down in the throne and Phil Collins has to sit for all his shows now (and not for his natural stance behind a drum kit) and i wouldn't put it past Ozzy to do something like that
    I wouldn't put it past Sharon!

US leg of the tour kicking off the 24th July

Please to every god there is that this will finally happen next summer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

How much seating had they sold? Could hardly get away with it in Donnybrook a la the national a few years ago?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It was pretty much sold out in the rds, so there is no way it would be moved to a smaller venue lie Donnybrook

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I imagine Green Days date in Moscow will now be cancelled

Hope it won't mean they will cancel the entire European tour because of security issues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Captain negative reporting for duty........ You must be due a promotion soon.

• Advertisement

Yep

Christ I was wrong about many covid related posts but can you not accept mistakes happen and I want to be able to post my opinion without you on my back ?

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Advertisement