Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here when you buy a new game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Mysterium

Only £19.53

Huge bargain.

Libellud LIBMYST01US Mysterium Board Game https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013TJ5P80/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_-eP2FbCAYKT9K

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pulled the trigger and finally picked up Gloomhaven, currently sitting under the Christmas tree but the box weighs a tonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Xenji wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger and finally picked up Gloomhaven, currently sitting under the Christmas tree but the box weighs a tonne.

Great game.

Greg81 wrote: »
    Mysterium

Only £19.53

Huge bargain.

Libellud LIBMYST01US Mysterium Board Game https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013TJ5P80/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_-eP2FbCAYKT9K

Serious bargain. Thank you. Ordered. Be interesting to see what happens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

This will be my first order that straddles the Brexit divide. How much does a product need to be before customs applies?

• Advertisement

Unbelievably, this was delivered this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Finally bought a dice tower, real fed up of rogue dice crashing through stacks of nicely sorted play pieces.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Unbelievably, this was delivered this morning!

Same here, way faster than the expected delivery. It's getting wrapped today for a sneaky unexpected surprise present. :D

ED E wrote: »
    Finally bought a dice tower, real fed up of rogue dice crashing through stacks of nicely sorted play pieces.

Which one/where'd you get it, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Oldie for you all I'm sure but we bought Pandemic Legacy - season 1. What a game. Once we got over the confusion of not knowing what to do with the boxes and secret files it was pretty easy to get into you (we've played Pandemic) The excitement of opening boxes, the fun of adding stickers to the board and extra tactics of selecting upgrades make it my favourite game yet.

What do people do with their board and pieces when they've finished? Seems a shame to just throw out. Already thinking of framing board.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lots of new games purchased from Amazon.com on their way...

Dual
    Ticket to Ride - Rails & Sails
    Ticket to Ride: Europa 1912 Expansion
    Wit's End Board Game
    Off Topic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Cabaal wrote: »
    Lots of new games purchased from Amazon.com on their way...

Dual
    Ticket to Ride - Rails & Sails
    Ticket to Ride: Europa 1912 Expansion
    Wit's End Board Game
    Off Topic

The 15th anniversary Europe edition is out for Preorder .If you like Ticket to ride its worth checking out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The 15th anniversary Europe edition is out for Preorder .If you like Ticket to ride its worth checking out.

ohhh it looks fancy
    very expensive though, I'll have to think about that

I already have europe so hard to justify a second copy of Europe :pac::pac:

Board games have arrived
    Some games are my choice, some are the other halfs.

547846.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Last game I bought was Root and the Clockwork Exp. Pity haven't had the chance to get it to the table, really needs 3 or 4 willing victi- I mean "participants"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up Descent Journeys In The Dark Second Edition over the weekend and the companion app is really handy as you could actually play it solo now, finally got Forbidden Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Ordered Cursed City this morning with OnTableTop. Looking now to see what I should ship out to make some space, no shortage of contenders

Ordered this on Saturday

pic5055378.jpg

A couple arrived yesterday.:D
    pic3427664.jpg.

Lpic4547776.jpg
    Looking forward to playing these ,hopefully back to normal soon.If not theres always solo.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Didn't think Sleeping Gods was available yet. Did you get that on Kickstarter or retail?

Didn't think Sleeping Gods was available yet. Did you get that on Kickstarter or retail?

I backed the Kickstarter.

• Advertisement

Just completed the pledge manager for 7th Citadel

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/286063/7th-citadel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I do love me some Giant robots. So had to Nab this set from Gamersworld.
    https://gamersworld.ie/product/battletech-clan-invasion-box/

battletechclaninvasion.jpg

A follow up to the Beginners box and Gamer of Armored combat box set.

It moves the focus from the Innersphere side. To the Clan Invaders.
    with 5 new sculpt plastic mechs and 2 sqauds of Battle Armor. Maps Rules books and an introduction to the Clans.

Catalyst-Clan-Box2.png
    battletech-clan-invasion-box-en~3.jpg

I really need to play some. Not playing is turning into buying.............

pic5169196.jpg

pic4254509.jpg

20210512_111740.jpg?width=664&height=498

The Nemisis Bits arrived. There's a lot to get through here.

Played a 3 player Co-op game over TTS last night. Fairly quick once you have the counters and icons down. The noise dynamic adds a great level of tension to every move and plan.
    The game itself felt like a solid Sci-fi ghost ship tale as we went along. And while hard the game never felt like it was messing with us a la Shadowrun crossfire. Hopefully don't reassess that point of view.

Got my Nemesis box last week, very impressed with the packaging!

Its such a highly quality product, Im glad I went for it in the end. I played 2 solo games, one with just The Soldier the other with The Soldier and The Medic, bot games told such great stories. We've played plenty on TTS over the lockdown and its never gotten boring yet, havnt introduced any expansion content either.

Got my Nemesis box last week, very impressed with the packaging!

Its such a highly quality product, Im glad I went for it in the end. I played 2 solo games, one with just The Soldier the other with The Soldier and The Medic, bot games told such great stories. We've played plenty on TTS over the lockdown and its never gotten boring yet, havnt introduced any expansion content either.

I am looking forward to the non Co-op games. Even in lasts nights game I was being accused of being shady despite achieving my own Objectives and assisting on one of the other players goals.

MarkHall wrote: »
    20210512_111740.jpg?width=664&height=498

The Nemisis Bits arrived. There's a lot to get through here.

Played a 3 player Co-op game over TTS last night. Fairly quick once you have the counters and icons down. The noise dynamic adds a great level of tension to every move and plan.
    The game itself felt like a solid Sci-fi ghost ship tale as we went along. And while hard the game never felt like it was messing with us a la Shadowrun crossfire. Hopefully don't reassess that point of view.

Terrific! Looks great - so much content.

This arrived Friday.Very happy with the production and quality.Hope to get it to the table ASAP. Ares are top notch.

800x600-war_of_the_ring-WOTR016-thebattleoffivearmies_collectorsedition-preview.jpg

• Advertisement

I dont need to see that Paddy, I think I only ever got a few half games of War Of The Ring in many years ago and loved what I played. I must break it out again and begin learning it proper

Advertisement