Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guitar tuner for Acoustic guitar

• 06-04-2021 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a battery operated one that's reliable? Alternatively are there any good free apps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I have "universal tuner" app.

It works!

'snark' tuners are battery powered and are reliable, in my experience.

Gstrings free android app

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I love the TC Electronic's clip on tuner. Not cheap, but the multi string tuning is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Guitar Tuna app. free for standard tuning.

Pay if you want to tune other than EADGBE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

'snark' tuners are battery powered and are reliable, in my experience.

We have snark which is great.

Though I tend to use my phone a lot. I use GuitarTuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Vote for a Korg Pitchclip 2 here. Clip-on headstock job, super accurate with a strobe mode. I got one for each of my guitars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I use the Boss Tuner app on my phone which is dead handy and works a treat.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.roland.bosstuner&hl=en_IE&gl=US
    I do have a clip-on tuner (snark) that I got from Thomann a few - works perfectly if a little flimsy, and battery has been in it since I got it .
    https://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_ctg10.htm

Advertisement