Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whyte v Povetkin II Fight Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Butson wrote: »
    That was one of the worst heavyweight fights on PPV in a long time.
    Pov had no interest. His body shape at the weight in! He literally had man boobs and a belly. He picked up his cheque after there was a rematch clause in the first fight - nothing more.

Whyte is beyond average. He is so slow. People saying his jab was good, Pov literally different move his head! Nice KO but any have decent fighter would have finished him like that.

He is just not at the top level. Agreed, him and Wilder is a very entertaining fight. But not a top quality fight, big difference.

His jab was good, albeit against a sack of Sh1t..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Aye Povetkin wasn’t anywhere nearly in shape to fight due to a combination of disrupted camp and being well finished anyhow. It’s a handy name on Whyte’s record and some form of redemption for the icing he got first time round. His next night out wont be for a title either so who does he face? The Wilder fight is another big PPV night if Wilder wants to take it but it’s very risky and not for a title, Parker and Chisora are fighting each other and he’s already been there, Usyk and Joyce are meeting, Hunter is risky too and then Ruiz and Arreola are having a sumo style battle of the bulge. It’s tricky. I wonder would he fancy Toni Yoka? Who would you put him in against. The only other chance is if AJ gives up a belt to fight Fury and he’s placed in mandatory position? I’ve tired myself out thinking this through!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Aye Povetkin wasn’t anywhere nearly in shape to fight due to a combination of disrupted camp and being well finished anyhow. It’s a handy name on Whyte’s record and some form of redemption for the icing he got first time round. His next night out wont be for a title either so who does he face? The Wilder fight is another big PPV night if Wilder wants to take it but it’s very risky and not for a title, Parker and Chisora are fighting each other and he’s already been there, Usyk and Joyce are meeting, Hunter is risky too and then Ruiz and Arreola are having a sumo style battle of the bulge. It’s tricky. I wonder would he fancy Toni Yoka? Who would you put him in against. The only other chance is if AJ gives up a belt to fight Fury and he’s placed in mandatory position? I’ve tired myself out thinking this through!

Whyte actually been smart for a change, he is looking for a 3rd fight with AVP ,stated like you that AVP had some issues with camp and wants the trilogy fight to put it to bed,

Whyte knows all the big fights are booked ,he wants to keep busy but also doesn't want to risk being beaten,

I'm not sure Hearn will go for it as I reckon it would do awful numbers and probably isn't worth it money wise,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Whyte actually been smart for a change, he is looking for a 3rd fight with AVP ,stated like you that AVP had some issues with camp and wants the trilogy fight to put it to bed,

Whyte knows all the big fights are booked ,he wants to keep busy but also doesn't want to risk being beaten,

I'm not sure Hearn will go for it as I reckon it would do awful numbers and probably isn't worth it money wise,

Meant to get back to you on this one. I can;t see another fight between those two there’s no appetite for it. Povetkin needs to retire he’s done all he can do.

I;ve seen a bit of talk about Whyte going to America to fight. Some mentions of Wallin who wouldn’t be easy. If he goes to America then I’d say the first fight will be a gimme

Advertisement