Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rushed Covid 19 vaccine

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

King Mob wrote: »
    We are being warned that the vaccine can't be trusted because a few years of research is too short a time to know it's potential dangers.
    But now we're being told that the virus isn't something to worry about with less than 10 months of research...
    Weird that.

Corona's out there in the wild, I'll do my best to avoid it but even so as a non-overweight, guy in his 30s who workouts a fair bit and no asthma or anything, I'm more likely to die from a car accident than I am from corona.

I do look forward to seeing what the long term effects are. The two people I know who had it (both on the frontlines, one of whom spent his two week isolation with a serious amount of cans and PS4 :) and the other who had a slight temp for a few days) are fine.

But yeah, I'll still keep clear just in case. Like a rushed vaccine, keep clear of that sht.

Will you be lining up to be one of the first for a vaccine? Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

ranto_boy wrote: »
    Corona's out there in the wild, I'll do my best to avoid it but even so as a non-overweight, guy in his 30s who workouts a fair bit and no asthma or anything, I'm more likely to die from a car accident than I am from corona.

I do look forward to seeing what the long term effects are. The two people I know who had it (both on the frontlines, one of whom spent his two week isolation with a serious amount of cans and PS4 :) and the other who had a slight temp for a few days) are fine.

But yeah, I'll still keep clear just in case. Like a rushed vaccine, keep clear of that sht.

Will you be lining up to be one of the first for a vaccine? Good luck.
    Hi, sorry. You've dodged a few points I've made there.

Are you going back to address them or are you just going to ignore them entirely?

If so, why are you doing that?

Hi, sorry. You've dodged a few points I've made there.

Are you going back to address them or are you just going to ignore them entirely?

If so, why are you doing that?

My prediciton is based on corona hysteria. You die of cancer and have corona, hello you're a corona death. Why on Earth would it be different for the regular and totally expected flu deaths coming up?

There were 50,000 excess deaths two years in the UK

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2017to2018provisionaland2016to2017final

This year, they'll become corona deaths. You'd have to be very naive to think otherwise.

I'll take it from your hesitation that you will be having the vaccine asap. Wow.

My prediciton is based on corona hysteria. You die of cancer and have corona, hello you're a corona death. Why on Earth would it be different for the regular and totally expected flu deaths coming up?
    But that's not true though...
    There were 50,000 excess deaths two years in the UK

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2017to2018provisionaland2016to2017final

This year, they'll become corona deaths. You'd have to be very naive to think otherwise.
    Neither is this...

You said the virus had a ">0.5% fatality."

Source for this please?
    I'll take it from your hesitation that you will be having the vaccine asap. Wow.
    What hesitation are you talking about? :confused:

But that's not true though...

Neither is this...

You said the virus had a ">0.5% fatality."

Source for this please?

What hesitation are you talking about? :confused:

Hesitation to answer. Will you be getting the vaccine when it first comes out, or not? It's a pretty simple question.

And obviously we can't say for certain what the exact fatality rate is, I reckon it's about that. Let's look at some numbers if you're so excited to

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

For me, that's looking like a 0.2% chance. Probably lower given my health and personal setup. And it's obviously not including everyone who had corona as of course not everyone gets tested.

So I should take a rushed vaccine for this? Lol.

• Advertisement

Hesitation to answer. Will you be getting the vaccine when it first comes out, or not? It's a pretty simple question.
    It's funny how you guys get pretty demandy when you want a question answered, but have no issue ignoring them when it suits.

But yes, when the vaccine is available where I live, I will most likely get it.
    I've not seen a reason why I should not.
    And obviously we can't say for certain what the exact fatality rate is, I reckon it's about that.
    But you said that it was ">0.5% fatality."

What's this based on?
    Gonna take a wild stab and assume you're not a doctor or a virologist and you aren't trained in a field like statistics...
    Let's look at some numbers if you're so excited to

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

For me, that's looking like a 0.2% chance.
    But you see, you're misrepresenting the figures here.
    The death rate for the virus is not "0.2%"
    Nor is it ">0.5%" like you claimed previously.

In fact the same site you are quote says:
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/
    Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = Deaths / Cases = 23,430 / 1,694,781 = 1.4% (1.4% of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 have a fatal outcome, while 98.6% recover).

But this is of course based on old, limited data in a specific circumstance.

You are also still ignoring the point I made earlier.
    You claimed that anyone not old and infirm would be fine.
    You completely discount any possible side effects for all such people based on a 2 examples you claim to know.
    The virus has been studied for less than a year.

It is very strange to then also say that thousands of trained medical professionals working day in and day out for months or perhaps years, undergoing many clinical trials involving hundreds of examples and all under strict regulation can't know the side effects of the vaccine they are developing.

Do you not see the contradiction here?

It's funny how you guys get pretty demandy when you want a question answered, but have no issue ignoring them when it suits.

That's rich coming from you!
    It is very strange to then also say that thousands of trained medical professionals working day in and day out for months or perhaps years, undergoing many clinical trials involving hundreds of examples and all under strict regulation can't know the side effects of the vaccine they are developing.

Do you not see the contradiction here?

Why are you limiting the scope here? It's not gonna be just up to scientists. There's economic realities and of course competition.

It's like with masks. Back in March, the WHO and all scientific experts of note and national health bodies across the West were in agreement that masks were ineffective... but as the Summer went on, the realisation that 2m + just wasn't viable and they needed to start cramming people back into shops, well then the advice and expertise changed :) suddenly masks were essential and you are a monster for not wearing one.

But if you're so convinced, then you can take a flight to Russia and take their vaccine. Report back to us

That's rich coming from you!
    Why?
    I answered you question directly and clearly.
    :confused:

Meanwhile, there's a whole section there where I pointed out you weren't being accurate with the figures from your own source.
    That was ignored entirely.
    Why are you limiting the scope here? It's not gonna be just up to scientists.
    You're avoiding the point.

You reached the conclusion that the virus was nothing to worried about based on your personal, untrained observation of 2 cases in a matter of months.
    Is this not rushed to you?

If that's not rushed, and it's a valid conclusion to make, then why would the same not be true of a vaccine?
    But if you're so convinced, then you can take a flight to Russia and take their vaccine. Report back to us
    What?
    :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

After much careful thought and deliberation, I have decided it is my duty as a citizen to protect the vulnerable and wider society, so I'll be taking my vaccine when it's my dutiful turn.

Just kidding!:o There is no way in hell I'll be letting that unlicensed, rushed, experimental rubbish anywhere near me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

After much careful thought and deliberation, I have decided it is my duty as a citizen to protect the vulnerable and wider society, so I'll be taking my vaccine when it's my dutiful turn.

Just kidding!:o There is no way in hell I'll be letting that unlicensed, rushed, experimental rubbish anywhere near me!

Wow you really shook the sheeple with that one, well done. Go on you! Take it to the man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

The Nal wrote: »
    Wow you really shook the sheeple with that one, well done. Go on you! Take it to the man!

Admit it, he owned you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Admit it, he owned you

My libby-lib, commie, Biden loving mind just got smashed by this patriotic free thinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Terrified of safe vaccine being given to hundreds of millions

Not the slightest bit worried about a disease with a 1% fatality rate and showing some worrying long-term effects

Bumping your own thread after nearly 6 months? Oh, the shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thread closed - just the same as the other closed Vaccine thread, There is no conspiracy put forward

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement