Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 14 primary schools

• 22-08-2020 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

hi there

we have recently moved to d14 and have applications into some of the primary schools in the D14/6 areas.

our ideal school is mixed (for other kids coming down the line) and catholic, as such we have their names down in
    - St Louis in Rathmines
    - Clonskeagh Our Ladys
    - Kildare place

Anyone have any experience on quality of the schools?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D14 new parent

Hi,
    Do you now have any insight on this? We arw also new to D14 and our lady's isn't far but we are not in clonakeagh parish.
    Do you know if/how oversubscribed they are?
    Thanks!
    aido123 wrote: »
    hi there

we have recently moved to d14 and have applications into some of the primary schools in the D14/6 areas.

our ideal school is mixed (for other kids coming down the line) and catholic, as such we have their names down in
    - St Louis in Rathmines
    - Clonskeagh Our Ladys
    - Kildare place

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D14 new parent

Hi,
    Do you now have any insight on this? We arw also new to D14 and our lady's isn't far but we are not in clonakeagh parish.
    Do you know if/how oversubscribed they are?
    Thanks!
    aido123 wrote: »
    hi there

- St Louis in Rathmines
    - Clonskeagh Our Ladys
    - Kildare place

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Kildare Place is Church of Ireland and quite religious. Its difficult to get a place if not COI; they also don't have a sibling policy, i.e. prioritize they COI kids rather than siblings. My friend (non COI) got a last minute place for her daughter and then couldn't secure a place for her son 2 years later - she had to send him to a different school. She likes KPS but there is quite a bit of emphasis on Religion, and they are not a religious family.
    Our Lady's is a DEIS school and traditionally wouldn't have had a great reputation, it has improved considerably over recent years - I am hearing this second hand though...
    Saint Louis in Rathmines will prioritize kids from the area so if its oversubscribed they won't accommodate kids from outside the area.
    When you say you'll be living in Dublin 14, is this Dundrum? Not sure if you'll be in the catchment for Holy Cross National School - this school has a good reputation.
    I live in Dublin 6 and my kids go to school down the road, its really nice being local to the school; their friends are around and we have virtually no commute.

Advertisement