Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/Best harmonica

• 11-12-2020 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

Any advice Re which harmonica to buy (now for Christmas) for 20 year old guitar player who can play bogstandard old harmonica here to an ‘acceptable’ standard I.e comfortable to listen to? He was talking re an A previously but that present didn’t materialise. I know time is short.... Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

Any advice Re which harmonica to buy (now for Christmas) for 20 year old guitar player who can play bogstandard old harmonica here to an ‘acceptable’ standard I.e comfortable to listen to? He was talking re an A previously but that present didn’t materialise. I know time is short.... Thanks

At the top of the list...
    Hohner Special 20.
    Next Hohner Marine Band Deluxe is worth the extra money for the screwed construction,
    or Hohner Marine Band for price.
    Don't waste your money on anything else. Find out what key he wants... the most useful being A, C, or D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks guitarhappy - there appears to be 'Hohner Progressive Special 20 Harmonica' and 'Hohner Special' with various numbers (randomly - M560086X) - is it particularly the 'Special' rather than Progressive Special. He did ask for key of A previously but didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

It's the model 560/20 Special 20. I think the progressive series is the same thing but a new marketing label for what everyone calls the Special 20. It has black plastic comb that doesn't swell and screwed in reed plates and cover plates. The traditional Marine Band is held together with little nails making it harder to repair. Wherever you get it just tell them Hohner Special 20 model 560.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks a mil.

Advertisement