Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woolshed Meet-Ups - Post Here

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Saturday or Sunday? I'm gonna try for both, though it's easier for me than most of guys as I live next door.

It's Skins @ Titans on Saturday at 9.30, right? Hoping for a shootout

both need a win to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. will be out for it so hopefully it is a shootout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

both need a win to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. will be out for it so hopefully it is a shootout!

Lemme know if you're around for tonight or tomorrow and we'll grab a beer

Table for 4 booked for 5.45

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'll be over around half 7-8 if you could not leave the pub this time it'd be class!!

I'll be over around half 7-8 if you could not leave the pub this time it'd be class!!

Lol I’ll be still there :) on the way now

• Advertisement

Shall we arrange a meet up for the first Sunday of the season and see how it goes from there?

Wooly always hopping on opening Sunday, I’m sure they can organize a giant bucket of wings and a couple of pitchers if there’s enough of us

Soccer also on an international break that weekend so we won’t be competing with the Sky Super Sunday 4.30pm kick off

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

Shall we arrange a meet up for the first Sunday of the season and see how it goes from there?

Wooly always hopping on opening Sunday, I’m sure they can organize a giant bucket of wings and a couple of pitchers if there’s enough of us

Soccer also on an international break that weekend so we won’t be competing with the Sky Super Sunday 4.30pm kick off

Thoughts?

Didn't get to go last year when this was up. I'll have to try get around to it this year. I've the 1st Sunday (Monday morn) booked off and plan to watch at home.

I love the woolshed but it baffles me how they don't show redzone on the big TV in the nfl room. Me, a Cardinals fan and my mate (raiders) had to watch the 1st half of the Raiders game in the nfl room and the second half downstairs near the entrance because they both weren't on in the same room.

And to make it worse, Pats were playing the freaking Browns on the big screen. So naturally, they ran riot on them. This was a few years ago, by the way.

They should really show Redzone on the big TV to cater for everyone.

Anyone going on Sunday and I’ll organize a table?

Table booked

Come one come all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Table booked

Come one come all

I’ll come down for the early game anyway. Nice one

• Advertisement

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I’ll come down for the early game anyway. Nice one

Good man

I’ll be there for 5.30pm

Table booked under the name ‘Dec’

I’ll have a Chiefs shirt on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Table booked under the name ‘Dec’

I’ll have a Chiefs shirt on :)

Might leave my raiders gear at home then so as to not get off on the wrong foot

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Might leave my raiders gear at home then so as to not get off on the wrong foot

Lol nah I don’t mind the Raiders, they’re a laugh riot at the moment

Broncos fans can do one though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Lol nah I don’t mind the Raiders, they’re a laugh riot at the moment

Broncos fans can do one though!!!

That's me out of meet ups again for the year. :0

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Is this dead and buried?

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Is this dead and buried?

No I was in the woolshed the other day and the manager Colette informed me NFL Sunday’s will go ahead as usual.

They’ve always adhered to proper spacing and table service anyways for NFL so there won’t be too much difference

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No I was in the woolshed the other day and the manager Colette informed me NFL Sunday’s will go ahead as usual.

They’ve always adhered to proper spacing and table service anyways for NFL so there won’t be too much difference

But wont you be kicked out about halfway through the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

But wont you be kicked out about halfway through the game..

Funny you should say this.

I have been to the local a few times since the reopening and we were left alone for the night and I thought they were just being sound and saying nothing.

The rule is 105 min IF social distancing can't be achieved. In the case of my local, we were socially distanced.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Funny you should say this.

I have been to the local a few times since the reopening and we were left alone for the night and I thought they were just being sound and saying nothing.

The rule is 105 min IF social distancing can't be achieved. In the case of my local, we were socially distanced.

Seeing as on a quiet day in the woolshed they can’t social distance I don’t hold out much hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Loughc wrote: »
    Seeing as on a quiet day in the woolshed they can’t social distance I don’t hold out much hope.

Don’t know why you say that? What does that mean?
    Loads of tables have been removed and a lot of effort has gone into adhering to the guidelines.
    Throw away comments like that hurt already struggling businesses.

You will be able to watch the 6pm games in full.
    The tables will be further adjusted to enable 2m social distancing and therefore under the guidelines there is no time limit.

Unfortunately due to 11.30pm closing and with no Exemptions available as normal, the 9.30pm games will only be shown until 11.15pm.
    I understand this is not ideal, not watching a game in full but that might change if the guidelines change.

Due to the reduced number of tables, we expect these to book out faster than previously.

Hope that clears up any queries and hopefully we’ll be seeing some of you on NFL Sunday’s in the Shed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well we'll be there every week as usual...... What sort of capacity loss are you looking at with 2m distancing???

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Well we'll be there every week as usual...... What sort of capacity loss are you looking at with 2m distancing???

In total we’re down from around 600 (that includes standing) to around 200 - 175 depending on layout
    :(

In total we’re down from around 600 (that includes standing) to around 200 - 175 depending on layout
    :(

Ouch......... I'll try to drink enough for 3 people but I can't promise anything....

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Ouch......... I'll try to drink enough for 3 people but I can't promise anything....

Good man! 😂

Already have our tables booked for the 6th and the 13th. Beer wings and football is back baby!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Any idea on when the opening times are going to be amended back to later (or have they already?)

Id be interested in booking in to watch a weekend of games, but with the enforced 11.30 close you end up missing the back half of the later games. Anyone any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I'm just gonna head in for the 6PM games in week 2. The lads from NFL Ireland are hosting a gathering there so I'd be mad not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Went there sunday for Jets game. Very well run to be fair as they had the Jets on a normal size tv while everyone else had to wait until the barstool football was over before they showed the Steelers game on the big screens.

Pitchers and wings not bad too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Advertisement