Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Toast wrote: »
    Anyone no longer getting an option for physical tickets on ticketmaster.ie? I went to buy God Is an Astronaut tickets and they only have etickets for free or a gift wrapped ticket for a fiver. I've tweeted ticketmaster asking WTF here. Need to get a major stink going if they think they can just remove the option for physical tickets like that.

https://twitter.com/toutless/status/1218176360297967621

I got the same thing for buying GIAA tix earlier, and also when buying tickets for the Hu a while back (also in Academy).

I much prefer physical tickets and out of the twenty gigs I have tickets for this year, all but six I already have the tickets which were posted to me. Two of the gigs are collect at box office abroad with photo ID. (December was an experience month, hurray for the xmas bonus!)

I always buy physical tickets, so much handier to give other people their ticket in advance and just meet in the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

Do the Bord Gais release extra tickets close to a show date? Looking for tickets to William Shatner in March and they sold out pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone have pictures of the old point depot

How is it compared to what is there now ??

Did it have a concourse with bars/merch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

340?cb=20120824063415

I saw nearly seventy shows there over the years. It was a rudimentary, perfunctory building. At the time the venue was developed, it was regarded as a major asset, because we had nothing like it here, and it did serve its purpose, but it was lacking in many respects. The other thing to remember is that the stretch along the quays from the city centre to the East Link was a bit of a no man's land, still underdeveloped and architecturally barren, so the Point itself was very much an outlier. No LUAS at the time, obviously. No bus service.

This (above) was the only entrance, what is now Entrance 3. Concourse is too elaborate a term for the entrance area. There was a lobby with bars and merchandise and a ridiculously small number of toilets. Upstairs, there were more bars. After the renovations, the arena configuration was turned sideways to create the amphitheatre seating that is there now, so the wall facing you in the photo below (i.e. what was the right side wall as you faced the stage) is now where the stage is.

DMTadY4b9pJWaw7pDrY5fg2q1aIfn6vPVkoaEJXdKGgPBQjhejsIIaBrfXnK4OWzCSOyPhBITpRfow1qVEgp9UkpxXFHH4WamSJMCxyWCCN3dbQnyncbKsSQttRCuF9TmT8RKw

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

TS4sDdoBD46sWQHLXsV-smPERahpnZOuODBIH8wqg7gAcPPyyOPM-q-dKvxTcGUuLlP1H51qcNJ-V1gTxIjMIkFDyz_rp2kmlLaSp6cGdntXpDYb

Here is another interior shot for a seated show. The tiered seats under the balcony were unreserved for standing shows, so if you got there early, you could go there and get a decent vantage point. There was no gradient on the flat floor, which - unlike the current 3Arena, where flat seats only run fifteen rows or so - stretched back the entire length of the building, so anything far back was a bit pointless. There were tiered seats under the rear balcony too, but they were obviously quite far back.

You can also see in both these photos how the rear balcony was very far back and very high, with the front row almost in line with the last few rows of the side balconies.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This is it in full flow before they made it look like Woodies in Tallaght.

https://vimeo.com/63826209

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Do the Bord Gais release extra tickets close to a show date? Looking for tickets to William Shatner in March and they sold out pretty fast.

Just got tweet to say some VIP tickets just released by Ticketmaster for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭blue note

Where's a good site to go for people selling unwanted tickets? I'm hoping to go to santana but am too cheap to pay full price so am hoping someone gets nervous with this coronavirus and sells theirs cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Ludovici Einaudi Cancelled in Dublin.
    Haven't seen anything to highlight this on Fb etc.
    Just came across it accidentally on twitter from a concern attendee

Official on his site : https://ludovicoeinaudi.com/

blue note wrote: »
    Where's a good site to go for people selling unwanted tickets? I'm hoping to go to santana but am too cheap to pay full price so am hoping someone gets nervous with this coronavirus and sells theirs cheap.

Hes cancelled his European tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭blue note

The Nal wrote: »
    Hes cancelled his European tour

I can't find anything about that online and ticketmaster are still selling them. Are you sure?

blue note wrote: »
    I can't find anything about that online and ticketmaster are still selling them. Are you sure?

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/carlos-santana-cancells-tour-covid-19-coronavirus/

https://bestclassicbands.com/santana-2020-tour-cancel-3-10-200/

came across this the other day

A riot in Slane what the hell ??

When did the Hard Rock Hotel open in Dublin ?

Isn't the Tivoli and Vicar Street getting turned into something similar ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When did the Hard Rock Hotel open in Dublin ?

Isn't the Tivoli and Vicar Street getting turned into something similar ?

Think the Hard Rock Hotel opened not long before covid hit AFAIK.

Im pretty sure the vicar St revamp planning permission (venue size update and hotel) was rejected

Im pretty sure the vicar St revamp planning permission (venue size update and hotel) was rejected

Was approved last time I heard about it? 8 story hotel. And another hotel behind it.
    Think the Hard Rock Hotel opened not long before covid hit AFAIK.

Yeah literally a couple of weeks before.

Cool, i'll drop by for a pint when i'm up for a concert in the near future hopefully

Been in Temple bar it wont be the cheapest place i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Was approved last time I heard about it? 8 story hotel. And another hotel behind it.

They had a delayed opening, missed valentine's Day, opened the next week and had to close for Paddy's Day. Horrible luck.

Cool, i'll drop by for a pint when i'm up for a concert in the near future hopefully

The bar isn't a hard rock cafe, it's a sit down food and cocktail place.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The bar isn't a hard rock cafe, it's a sit down food and cocktail place.

Interesting

Was only ever the one Hard Rock Cafe in Manchester, it was grand but like many franchises a little gimmicky and not the cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

menu here, not cheap, but thought it would be pricier, beers are at the end.

5.90 for a guinness, 6.50 for a heineken

https://www.zampas.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Zampas_Bar_Drinks_Menu.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭trellheim

If I can't go to a "photo ID" required gig are the tickets effectively useless ? I'd much prefer to donate them to a friend.

Anyone have this issue when using Ticketmaster on Chrome Browser ?? Every time i hit 'Find Tickets' this comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

All things being equal - which seats are the best in Croke Park? Looking to bring our daughter and a friend (both 9) to their 1st gig, so want seated instead of standing to make things easier. Anything worth considering?

From my experience

Sections 336-330 or 301-307 are the best for gigs

Oh really - I had assumed (possibly incorrectly) that they were kind of.....behind.... the stage. I'm obviously not really basing that on anything but assumption. Is that completely wrong?

Is this true, or are you taking the p*&$ out of me? 🙂

Nope was in some of those sections for gigs in the past. Great views and sound

It's in the round, so a circular stage that Sheeran will move around, judging by that stage plan, there'll be some sort of screen in front of the hill, so something around 308/328 should give you a view of both without killing your neck.....

• Advertisement

Thanks for the photos - I see what you mean. From the ticketmaster illustration above, it looks like the stage in this case is much more forward than that, so I just wanted to double check!

Advertisement