Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 Vintage 4:3 Toshiba Satellite Pros & Wii

• 17-05-2021 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

ITEM: Vintage Laptops
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection
    PRICE: Free
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash

Have two vintage Pentium III Toshiba Satellite pros. Had plans to use them to play old PC games but never got around to it.

Specs are:

Pentium III
    Windows 2000 (new loaded - need some drivers)
    128 and 256 MB RAM

Ad where I originally bought them:

https://www.adverts.ie/laptops/2-x-vintage-toshiba-satellite-pro-4600-laptops/10509401

Lost the PSU unfortunately however you can buy them on ebay for about 20 quid.

Will also throw in Wii console only if someone wants to pick up a few things at once.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    ITEM: Vintage Laptops
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection
    PRICE: Free
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash

Have two vintage Pentium III Toshiba Satellite pros. Had plans to use them to play old PC games but never got around to it.

Specs are:

Pentium III
    Windows 2000 (new loaded - need some drivers)
    128 and 256 MB RAM

Ad where I originally bought them:

https://www.adverts.ie/laptops/2-x-vintage-toshiba-satellite-pro-4600-laptops/10509401

Lost the PSU unfortunately however you can buy them on ebay for about 20 quid.

Will also throw in Wii console only if someone wants to pick up a few things at once.

Oh, go on then...
    But I don't need another Wii!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, go on then...
    But I don't need another Wii!

Excellent, they're yours! Hate throwing stuff like this in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Good for you repurpose all working stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

On an unrelated note (apologies for the OT post), you can do this on your Win10 machine with Hyper-V manager (it's an install option for windows features). Allows you to run other operating systems natively; think remote desktop login and you should get the idea.

I use one to run old win98 games. You will need a legit copy (or key ... ) of whatever Operating Systems you install mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lemming wrote: »
    On an unrelated note (apologies for the OT post), you can do this on your Win10 machine with Hyper-V manager (it's an install option for windows features). Allows you to run other operating systems natively; think remote desktop login and you should get the idea.

I use one to run old win98 games. You will need a legit copy (or key ... ) of whatever Operating Systems you install mind.

Thanks for this by the way, I didn't know this existed but was able to boot it up and give some games a go. That's super handy!

Can lock this thread up by the way, laptops have been rehomed in Casa Del Cider

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for this by the way, I didn't know this existed but was able to boot it up and give some games a go. That's super handy!

Can lock this thread up by the way, laptops have been rehomed in Casa Del Cider

It took me an hour and a half to get home, the traffic was insane!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement