Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

• 08-12-2017 7:17pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Old thread had reached 10,000+ posts, enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

New raid layer is absolutely brilliant, very VoG!!!

Really good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Skill Up, one of the more measured youtubers imo tweets I'm done with Destiny 2 and Fcuk you Bungie. He later posts apologising for the language but still quite telling, I think.
    "Destiny 2 feels like a company far more interested in booking it's Q4 earnings than a company trying to salvage the reputation of a developer...."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I don't watch a lot of gaming opinion videos but he is one of the better ones so I did have a look when it popped up on my feed. 2 things he said absolutely hit home for me :
    1. Lazy - The one word that's been going through my head at each stage of the DLC, getting louder and more frustrated as it progressed.
    2. It's not even about the money it's about the cost in time and Osiris is not remotely worth it.

I was away for work all last week and picked up the Season Pass blind when I got back to dive right in. I am so disappointed I did, not just because of the DLC itself but Bungie once again is trying to screw people who don't have it.
    Bloody shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Great nights effort we got the checkpoint for argos phase 2 and knocked out a regular raid upto 327 now, would be higher but wonda robbed EVERYONES exotics poxy fecker.

Have to say new raid is phenomenal fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Since the DLC I've logged on, got the gun everyone's crying about from Xur, played a public event and logged back onto the Division. I don't hate D2 I just don't want to play it. I'll be back after a break but am in no rush.
    Just looked at the user scores on metacritic, never a good barometer of logic, 104 negative reviews out of 117

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Great nights effort we got the checkpoint for argos phase 2 and knocked out a regular raid upto 327 now, would be higher but wonda robbed EVERYONES exotics poxy fecker.

Have to say new raid is phenomenal fun.

As I said before the good gear is based on effort....hence why you get jack ****!!!!

Did I tell you I got the new raid shotgun.....its SAVAGE! :eek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    New raid layer is absolutely brilliant, very VoG!!!

Really good addition.

Ill have to give the new stuff a bash this week some stage.

It really is a brilliant layer, I wish the whole raid was alot more along these lines. Very technical and good communication is a must, quite unforgiving but not brutally hard. The normal raid even at light level 300 is piss easy now if you are anything above 315ish I am just 330 now and I was having some craic last night.

Will be running a normal tonight mate if you wanna jump in after new layer boss battle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    It really is a brilliant layer, I wish the whole raid was alot more along these lines. Very technical and good communication is a must, quite unforgiving but not brutally hard. The normal raid even at light level 300 is piss easy now if you are anything above 315ish I am just 330 now and I was having some craic last night.

Will be running a normal tonight mate if you wanna jump in after new layer boss battle.

Yeah sure I dont mind a run tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,877 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Loved the vistas of the new raid lair. The initial jumping section, the little compression area - and OH GOOD LORD THE TRANSITION TO THE FINAL AREA.

That was one of my biggest issues with the Calus fight - I didn't find any of the areas awe-inspiring.

This Raid LOOKS amazing. The final boss fight also (a) looks a lot better, imo, (b) the area it is in is more interesting and (c) the mechanics are more fun.

I was initially cautious about 'Raid Content', fearing it would just be a couple of new rooms in the Calus raid. When I heard it was going to be a new raid, with new fights and a new boss - I couldn't see where the issue was. I figured it would be Crota short (and I guess it will become that way soon enough) but I didn't have an issue with that.

It is a very fun, very engaging, 6 player activity. Maybe in a week I'll be giving out about it.... but right now I think it is pretty damned fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Loved the vistas of the new raid lair. The initial jumping section, the little compression area - and OH GOOD LORD THE TRANSITION TO THE FINAL AREA.

That was one of my biggest issues with the Calus fight - I didn't find any of the areas awe-inspiring.

This Raid LOOKS amazing. The final boss fight also (a) looks a lot better, imo, (b) the area it is in is more interesting and (c) the mechanics are more fun.

I was initially cautious about 'Raid Content', fearing it would just be a couple of new rooms in the Calus raid. When I heard it was going to be a new raid, with new fights and a new boss - I couldn't see where the issue was. I figured it would be Crota short (and I guess it will become that way soon enough) but I didn't have an issue with that.

It is a very fun, very engaging, 6 player activity. Maybe in a week I'll be giving out about it.... but right now I think it is pretty damned fun.

I had more fun running the Lair over the Raid proper. Visually it's miles beyond Leviathan (Leviathan looks great. The Opulence of Calus, everything Golden. The grand hallways, standard bearers. It all fits within the context of the Raid itself). Puzzles to be figured out. Last 2 encounters are brilliant. Stunning visuals. Looking forward to running it again..... and again. I can see myself putting more time into the Lair, not because it's short or more rewarding, but more because it's actually fun.

If the second Lair in the Rasputin DLC next spring is as good, I'll be happy out.

t more because it's actually fun.

If the second Lair in the Rasputin DLC next spring is as good, I'll be happy out.
    I think that is a big part of the discussion.

I wasn't too hyped for this Raid cause I didn't really enjoy the Calus one. This new 'Raid Content' has proven itself, imo, and I'll be hyped for the new one coming with the next DLC when it comes.

One thing from this raid though...

Does
    Calus
    say they have never seen a guardian like us, in their dialog near the start...? I feel like I must have misheard that cause that just seems like a really BS line to put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Does
    Calus
    say they have never seen a guardian like us, in their dialog near the start...? I feel like I must have misheard that cause that just seems like a really BS line to put in.

I didn't pay too much attention to what was being said to be honest.

I think that is a big part of the discussion.

I wasn't too hyped for this Raid cause I didn't really enjoy the Calus one. This new 'Raid Content' has proven itself, imo, and I'll be hyped for the new one coming with the next DLC when it comes.

Does
    Calus

he indeed does, i was thinking didnt we just beat the **** outta him already he knows who we are...

jcd5971 wrote: »
    he indeed does, i was thinking didnt we just beat the **** outta him already he knows who we are...

I wonder does
    it change if you beat the Raid prior to running the lair in the week. But then I think you did the original raid during the week so thats probably a no...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/940313165958496256

Good that they're doing something about it but kinda sad to think that change is only coming because platforms demanded it and threatened profits... not because it's the right thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Maintenance tomorrow from 3pm until 10pm.

The Prestige Raid being reduced back to 300LL, The Prestige Trophy/Achievement will be changed to only unlock on raid
    Prestige Nightfall will remain dlc only at 330LL
    Iron Banner, Faction Rally and all the live events will be open to all.
    Trials and Nightfall will be available to all except when a dlc map/strike is on.
    Faction Rally tomorrow has been postponed.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46537

Prometheus Lens is temporarily being nerfed into the ground, will be rebalanced in a patch coming in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The Prestige Raid being reduced back to 300LL, The Prestige Trophy/Achievement will be changed to only unlock on raid Prestige Nightfall will remain dlc only at 330LL Iron Banner, Faction Rally and all the live events will be open to all. Trials and Nightfall will be available to all except when a dlc map/strike is on. Faction Rally tomorrow has been postponed.

Shame about the prestige trophy being locked to the raid. I might chance the NF but have no interest in the prestige raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Prometheus Lens is temporarily being nerfed into the ground, will be rebalanced in a patch coming in January.

Well, Quasar mode was fun while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Saw this fella in the tower last night and it seemed about right...

Wg09ZtZl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Tazzimus wrote: »

I don't know why they didn't just match its stats with Coldheart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I don't know why they didn't just match its stats with Coldheart!!
    Don't be coming in here talking sense.

Well for the new raid layer at least the 305 cold heart is better then the 330 lens for the boss battle I tells ya that.....wasted a good 300 auto rifle on the lens pig!!!

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Maintenance complete, patch is 100mb. Logging in now if anyone wants to do the Nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Lads supposedly if you pick up the verse to forge Vance's sword it unlocks the quest for Saint-14's shotgun. It's Verse 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Tazzimus wrote: »

They should set up a separate mode for it. No need just madness. Broken weapon room.

Seriously though played a small bit of crucible last night and was so happy to see that **** fixed.

Enjoyed a few strikes last night too for the first time in a long while. Gas how putting a reward that the end of something gets people back to a forgotten game mode Bungie.

Now please reintroduce POE.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

When CoO dropped, Bungie mentioned that there would be 3 verses a week for the forge. There is only 1 this week? Is this normal or a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Enjoyed a few strikes last night too for the first time in a long while. Gas how putting a reward that the end of something gets people back to a forgotten game mode Bungie.

Haven't enjoyed strikes like this in a long time. I find them that little bit shorter than D1, which is a good thing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Now please reintroduce POE.
    PetKing wrote: »
    Haven't enjoyed strikes like this in a long time. I find them that little bit shorter than D1, which is a good thing for me.

At least the strikes fell a lot more rewarding, so doing the weekly 3 for the power engram is nice.

Joined one earlier, only one other person in the strike (arms dealer), I spawned down below the lift, and yer man had just finished it solo. Exotic engram waiting for me at the postmaster :eek:

I like the changes for buying the armour now from the vendors

• Advertisement

Well done to the lads we Finally beaten the raid lair, tough old slog at end but well worth it when he goes down, would have gotten it earlier but for some headset issues as well.

Looking forward to doing it now on next Two characters.

Advertisement