Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a fridge freezer not working properly

• 21-05-2019 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I have a fridge freezer not working properly. I cannot regulate the temperature between the fridge and freezer. If i turn down the temp - the fridge part begins to freeze stuff. If i turn up the temp - the fridge will be fine - but the freezer part will be too warm and ice starts to melt. It make is 'Baumatic' - more than 4 years old. Should I replace it or worth repairing ? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Is it a regular free standing 1/2+1/2, same in frost free or American style?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

It is a regular free standing 1/2+1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

any advice on this - is the termostat gone or should I just get a new fridge/freezer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

on a regular 1/2+1/2 the fact that it runs would suggest to me that the stat is ok, rarely they go faulty on temp range, without seeing the unit I would think the unit has a refrigerant leak which is nearly always internal rendering it unrepairable

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Needles73

harry999 wrote: »
    It is a regular free standing 1/2+1/2

Is it a “frost free” modern type of fridge ? If it is it could be the air circulation fan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement