Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Sycamore Road in Finglas, Ballymun or Glasnevin?

Options
  • 18-06-2019 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Sycamore Road, Dublin 11 is listed as Glasnevin, Ballymun and Finglas depending on whatever website you're on. Two questions - which area is it actually in and is it an OK place to live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Look here ,
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sycamore+Rd,+Dublin/@53.3935646,-6.2930806,15.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670df90fa022e1:0xcacf5d444082559a!8m2!3d53.394668!4d-6.2896131

its in finglas, looking at the map it appears to be in finglas east.
    i know the area well .
    its ok to live in.
    Its in a quiet part of finglas , close to glasnevin.

the negative i see is its on a busy road,
    its at maybe 10 minutes drive from ballymun approx.
    if i wanted a house in finglas i,d buy a house thats not on a busy road ,with a lot of traffic on it 7am to 7 pm ,every day .
    i used to cycle through there every few weeks on my way to santry.
    Or to visit a friend who lives in finglas
    eg a house thats inside an estate away from the main road.
    theres always plenty of house,s for sale in finglas .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

In my eyes Glasnevin ends going West at the roundabout with weird lights on it (Willow Park road / Glasnevin Avenue) and only goes a little bit above that. It's one of the worst places in Dublin (or on Daft at least) for creative naming though, pretty sure anywhere can be called Glasnevin!

On the map its obvious its not in glasnevin .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Who cares its a mature area with nice houses and near good public transport and good schools

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Depends on whether your buying or selling.

• Advertisement

riclad wrote: »
    Look here ,
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sycamore+Rd,+Dublin/@53.3935646,-6.2930806,15.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670df90fa022e1:0xcacf5d444082559a!8m2!3d53.394668!4d-6.2896131

its in finglas, looking at the map it appears to be in finglas east.
    i know the area well .
    its ok to live in.
    Its in a quiet part of finglas , close to glasnevin.

the negative i see is its on a busy road,
    its at maybe 10 minutes drive from ballymun approx.
    if i wanted a house in finglas i,d buy a house thats not on a busy road ,with a lot of traffic on it 7am to 7 pm ,every day .
    i used to cycle through there every few weeks on my way to santry.
    Or to visit a friend who lives in finglas
    eg a house thats inside an estate away from the main road.
    theres always plenty of house,s for sale in finglas .

You would pay more money for that though and yeah its very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

Grew up and still live in Ballymun, this is across the park from Ballymun. I used to cut the grass in this area growing up and had my regular customers here. Always though this a quiet mature area and would love to buy here. Your close to Finglas village, willows pub just beside you and the park just around the corner lucky bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Sleuthy wrote: »
    Sycamore Road, Dublin 11 is listed as Glasnevin, Ballymun and Finglas depending on whatever website you're on. Two questions - which area is it actually in and is it an OK place to live?

I viewed those houses, they are lovely.

Imo It's Finglas, more established, older part but still Finglas, 3 min drive from the village. My partner's relative has been living on Sycamore Rd for the last 20 years so we asked her about the area and she says it's safe, nice place to live. The fact they are trying to sell it as Glasnevin is a joke though.

At the end of the day what matters is if you like the house and whether you are happy with the area whether it's called Finglas, Glasnevin, Glasnevin North or sth else. If you are buying thinking you are getting a house in actual Glasnevin walk away and look for something closer to the Botanical Gardens.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Glasnevin North in my opinion.
    Living in Finglas, is class it as Glasnevin north.

But the original developers classed it as poppintree I believe.

• Advertisement

I drive down the Jamestown road and down Sycamore road a lot going to work and houses are sale agree very quickly all around there one was sale agreed in a week its a very popular part of Glasnevin/Finglas. I am one of the people contributing to the traffic :pac:

I,M fairly sure its located in finglas, if you want to say you live in glasnevin, thats up to you.
    It s close to finglas village.
    Maybe an agent might put it down as glasnevin to attract buyers , viewers .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

riclad wrote: »
    I,M fairly sure its located in finglas, if you want to say you live in glasnevin, thats up to you.
    It s close to finglas village.
    Maybe an agent might put it down as glasnevin to attract buyers , viewers .

It’s closer to meakstown and poppintree than it is to Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,241 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jamestown Great townland https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5373959#map=15/53.3966/-6.2842 Finglas civil parish. Focal point is Finglas village.

Northern part of Glasnevin is east of Willow Park Road.

Advertisement