Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Clareman wrote: »
    That might be Bruce Willis from either Bonfire of the Vanities or Hudson Hawk, too "clean" for most of his action roles.
    Hudson Hawk ?

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks a bunch. Now I'll have to wipe it from my memory again. :mad:

Top of the Pops had him on recently "singing" *cringe*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hudson Hawk ?

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks a bunch. Now I'll have to wipe it from my memory again. :mad:

Top of the Pops had him on recently "singing" *cringe*

You're welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

9425_0da2_500.jpeg

Perfectly normal

432.jpg

ei01gr.jpg

Just don't tell any vegans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

my3cents wrote: »
    Perfectly normal

Just don't tell any vegans.
    My parrot loves chicken. I found this out when he flew over to where I was eating dinner and started helping himself to the chicken on my plate. It felt weird at first, feeding chicken to a bird but if I don't give it to him, he just takes it anyway!

The cockatiels love scrambled eggs. I found this out when I had some in a bowl on the counter and was waiting for them to cool a bit. I turned around and there was four of them sitting on the edge of the bowl helping themselves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    My parrot loves chicken. I found this out when he flew over to where I was eating dinner and started helping himself to the chicken on my plate. It felt weird at first, feeding chicken to a bird but if I don't give it to him, he just takes it anyway!

Hawk
    Eagle
    Kestrel
    Owl
    etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure they like chicken too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Paddy Cow wrote: »

Hawk
    Eagle
    Kestrel
    Owl
    etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure they like chicken too.

The bird in the chipper..

New Home wrote: »
    530904.jpg
    If that's true, what an absolute sad case. Not for running for president for petty reasons, I can understand a kid doing that but an adult putting that on tinder is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hey remember when there were creepy websites counting down to when they "turned legal" at 18?

As for the WTF, I believe Mary-Kate has issues with anorexia and Ashley has lyme disease.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mr E wrote: »
    Kia, Nokia

Kia Rio, more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Kia Rio, more like it.

Fording the river more like. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IMG-20190619-144206.jpg

Eh :confused:
    Pic is not Nirvana but is Hanson who did the head-wrecking song mm-bop

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

giphy.gif

Hey remember when there were creepy websites counting down to when they "turned legal" at 18?

As for the WTF, I believe Mary-Kate has issues with anorexia and Ashley has lyme disease.
    Their younger sister Elizabeth seems to have turned out a well balanced young woman with a successful acting career. The difference is she wasn't pushed into the limelight as a baby like they were. I didn't even know they had a younger sister until she turned up in The Avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

8439_d961.jpeg

I think only us GNU/Linux folk will get that one. :-)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Worztron wrote: »
    I think only us GNU/Linux folk will get that one. :-)

You probably know this one then :)

tech_support.png

Text : I recently had someone ask me to go get a computer and turn it on so I could restart it. He refused to move further in the script until I said I had done that.

9416_7896.gif
    Holly! Here's your ****ing landing light!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Bootup wrote: »
    img]

Notwithstanding the extraneous 'i' in the name, would there not have been a clue in the fact that they were playing a venue that holds a couple of hundred and the tickets were only about €15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Holly! Here's your ****ing landing light!

I would have gone with, Must have hit 88mph or maybe I'm showing my age.

Nosnon wrote: »
    I would have gone with, Must have hit 88mph or maybe I'm showing my age.
    Definitely, it'd be 141 km/h in today's money :pac:

One long line of fire made me think of Die Hard 2 before BTTF.

img]

Pity they didn't call themselves Christian Union National and then put the cross. Would probably have been more appropriate!

• Advertisement

Bootup wrote: »
    RbRuxJs.png

tumblr_opet9kpsdH1vb46leo6_r1_540.png

tumblr_opet9kpsdH1vb46leo1_400.gif

tumblr_opet9kpsdH1vb46leo2_400.gif

tumblr_opet9kpsdH1vb46leo3_400.gif

tumblr_opet9kpsdH1vb46leo4_400.gif

tumblr_opet9kpsdH1vb46leo5_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

2Y1U6xa.jpg

Own up how many of you counted ten ants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Guilty!!

I was hoping the artist was lazy and only drew 9 with the hope that nobody would bother counting them! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

m17 wrote: »
    <<Dog buried in sand>>

Cruel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Mise freisin. But just a nerd thing.

qGvSEGc.jpg?1

Be careful. A friend of mine died while trying to eat a bowl of muesli.

Got pulled under by a strong current.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Only 8 pairs of legs. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Suckit wrote: »
    Only 8 pairs of legs. :o

Seems to be the third one from the left, and also the highest dude (looking outwards). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Be careful. A friend of mine died while trying to eat a bowl of muesli.

Got pulled under by a strong current.

You sure the post mortem didn't find another raisin?

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    You sure the post mortem didn't find another raisin?

I was cooking and the recipe called for 30 raisins.
    Girlfriend suggested I swap them for 20 sultanas.

I said No, coz I didn't like the currant exchage rate!

Advertisement