Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bosch freezer problem after defrosting

Options
  • 16-05-2019 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Yesterday took the opportunity to defrost it while there wasn't much in it - then later went to Dunnes.

I'm worried I've done damage to it as at 9 o'clock (I'd finished defrosting it at 1 o'clock) the ice cream was still soft and the food in the freezer wasn't as cold or hard as I would expect after two hours.

It was then that I realised I hadn't unplugged the fridge when I was defrosting. I had the door open the whole time and used a couple of of pots of boiling water. I held the bottom of the warm pot against some stubborn ice on the sides.

This morning the ice cream is still soft. The fish seems to be frozen but the liver and pork is not.

Could I have done some damage by the way I defrosted it? Or does it really take this length of time for the freezer to recover after the door has been left open?

It is a Bosch. The model and serial number are on the back (I had both on a sticker on the side of the fridge but it is gone). The only controls are on the top of the fridge section "Super - 2, 3 , 4, 6, 8".

It is normally on 4. I switched it to Super last night.

Any help before I have to pull the unit out to get the serial number would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

From reading your post it looks like you have a fridge/freezer as you mention fridge. If you can find the hand book that came with it and you find you have a frost free unit you will have to turn it off and let it defrost manually as it will have clogged itself up with ice preventing it from getting the temp down

Advertisement