Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkz0Oscnmgb/
    Midway up the Snake Pass looking down on Manchester

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk1f7wsHdwM/
    Ladybower Reservoir

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2caWanySM/
    At the top of the hill between Bacup and Todmorden

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3EGPqHtIE/
    Blackstone Edge Reservoir

Was that England or Spain!? Just stunning scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

On the canal on the way home yesterday evening.

3tyumwWRtmEQhXlsXaXK3PpdteBkHgjYeYZvlSd_-tkDXV1SKdiVSyrq7zVrg7OlWVDC0-5KHn84p41VJtbcnSJjoLocLmWx9qXk5PNFlKXatV-_iAgIgr_eMR3L8wKyLzDa3gcbYVdTbTUbE7Bm826jOgWSwfI7fD7Yl32TrAmmcMNZ3S8zb2c3CX96lmBWl3Oc7SKhMLxOz6AbtOkoZSMheT3-g_ad8GCwDl09sNXO3_kTcLAXwNd7DrO-1_7Ur4u4YpdkoD9D1Lz3XvcZiWUBtvjuCTAd9P9cAAG_lXjYvzq1QHHW0dfsSg6I3u2WorWE77QWmEILJWiIk4Qj3gZSmFzi_M8GFGSiNChOmeujIJk7B36OVrbb5gAJZpUQK6BXVy08o0kKTGwMCt3KJrEBctVNcIHzL3vAlK_KRn_EucJJ4vp-CBfTSL6dX-uzhf61-0M7M59WncA2dopxsp5Uk8hfOBN7Sw6HQpZCGAUVbxSG6nBL6F7rMW-Wnl7sAzGY0nxawenMHOtZD2DeJn89ZbK2LVfG1oQpHmVOcn4BrCy5F82IrbV2QXQpln0tnjydnhd5PmS83Ga8U67J9pDnDNkog8MutNKLClxdVSmCtE-thAZUNkdsVyNIg2xR-g7AD9Ta1O_ry3684QjABN8YqKUlzeA6CA=w2452-h1380-no

(Photo enhanced by Google)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

buffalo wrote: »

(Photo enhanced by Google)
    Usually when an app does something I didnt ask it to do like that I have the strong urge to smash the phone off the nearest wall but I absolutely love the way Google sends you an enhanced version of random images sometimes, I dont think its ever sent me a badly done one. Love the way it turns a series of shots into a panorama without being asked aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Qrt

Norgaardholz, Schleswig-Holstein. 'Tis a pretty spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,978 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Thargor wrote: »
    Usually when an app does something I didnt ask it to do like that I have the strong urge to smash the phone off the nearest wall but I absolutely love the way Google sends you an enhanced version of random images sometimes, I dont think its ever sent me a badly done one. Love the way it turns a series of shots into a panorama without being asked aswell.
    i've never seen this - does it only do it if you've configured automatic online backup of your photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭nilhg

24hr TTs are hungry work

456553.jpg

even at that I didn't manage it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

41779873180_2cf4be1ac1_c.jpg

28700157737_910256de64_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fantastic fuppin day out there today

KgjwEKMh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Bit of everything today, wind+sun+drops-of-rain !
    43660356681_bcda86942e_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Raymzor

Only in France does the bin man use a horse! There’s also a flashing beacon on the cart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mosney!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Mosney!

Great photo.
    Nicely ironic

• I've been meaning to head out that way actually,whats the state of the road you can take from mosney there back to laytown and cross the bridge like?

Would be a nice 35km loop from town heading out the r132 and and back along the coast/river on the r150/151 based on my google maps measurements

We'd actually just turned in off the old R132 for a nose heading from Drogheda towards Balbriggan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Hellfire club yesterday evening

457693.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Wicklow Gap yesterday afternoon

457697.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I've been meaning to head out that way actually,whats the state of the road you can take from mosney there back to laytown and cross the bridge like?

Would be a nice 35km loop from town heading out the r132 and and back along the coast/river on the r150/151 based on my google maps measurements

I did a spin the other day. Out the R108(Beamore Road) to Cooperhill from Drogheda, straight across the R150(Duleek-Julianstown road) go up by Dardistown house, turn left just after you go over the M1, then next left, which brings you onto the R132(old N1) turn right, then left down by Murphy's quarry. This will bring you the back road to Mosney, then continue onto foot bridge, that brings you to Laytown, home by coast road. Just over 30kms for me( I live on South side) Roads are quiet and in reasonable condition.
    This route means, you avoid, for the most part, the R132.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

g1MK1K4l.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Climb I hadn't tried up the Hellfire today at lunch. Got about half way, stalled and walk of shame ensued. I'll be back...

458371.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    g1MK1K4l.jpg

Wow, that looks like a scene straight out of the game 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've been meaning to head out that way actually,whats the state of the road you can take from mosney there back to laytown and cross the bridge like?..
    It's fine - relatively quiet rural road with a fairly good surface with a bit of loose gravel in places. It's particularly quiet towards the Laytown bridge end as it becomes a Cul de Sac for motor vehicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

f1000 wrote: »
    Wow, that looks like a scene straight out of the game 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl'

Sunrise on the Slieverue roundabout

Edit: the Luffany Roundabout, next one up

Best thing on display in IMMA today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I was glad to see this sign on the Waterford Greenway on the way into Dungarvan.

20180810_152531.jpg

Fabulous greenway and such an asset to Waterford.
    I stopped at Mount Congreve gardens for coffee and chocolate cake. It is a lovely spot to stop at with a little hedged road entrance, indoor/outdoor seating, outdoor icecream fridge etc.

20180810_112651.jpg

There is something for everyone on it with the kids' train outside of Waterford, the beautiful aqueducts (can't see them at their best angle on it) and the great places to stop for food.
    The tunnel is a little gem.
    Massive tourism potential with Rosslare down the road. I did it on a Friday and it was busy enough.

20180810_142813.jpg
    20180810_132324.jpg
    20180810_105531.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I was glad to see this sign on the Waterford Greenway on the way into Dungarvan.

20180810_152531.jpg

Fabulous greenway and such an asset to Waterford.
    I stopped at Mount Congreve gardens for coffee and chocolate cake. It is a lovely spot to stop at with a little hedged road entrance, indoor/outdoor seating, outdoor icecream fridge etc.

20180810_112651.jpg

There is something for everyone on it with the kids' train outside of Waterford, the beautiful aqueducts (can't see them at their best angle on it) and the great places to stop for food.
    The tunnel is a little gem.
    Massive tourism potential with Rosslare down the road. I did it on a Friday and it was busy enough.

20180810_142813.jpg
    20180810_132324.jpg
    20180810_105531.jpg

Seriously-speaking, how did you find the WG-way. A nephew told me that it was rubbish, with loose gravel on the track and partly public road.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Seriously-speaking, how did you find the WG-way. A nephew told me that it was rubbish, with loose gravel on the track and partly public road.

It's fantastic, in the main the surface is excellent, it is a little loose in places and there are some crossings but it's not shared with vehicular traffic. Your nephew must have been somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

aloyisious wrote: »

Depends on what your expectations are.
    I found it excellent.
    I have to say having not been in the south east before the landscape down there is beautiful, rolling hills, tillage, pasture and some hardwood trees. Not too much sitka spruce in sight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Down in Glendalough a few weeks ago
    DSC_3065_zpsgxodrcmi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Photos taken over a couple of visits to lough Glannafreaghaun (Shrone lake) recently.
    Beautiful spot Northwest of Ballyvourney.
    309jxhw.jpg
    rqww83.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭patrickc

The car park at 9 stones Mount leinster, my first spin over it

2cxb992.jpg

Advertisement