Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish water connection issues

• 02-07-2019 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi we signed contracts for a new build last september.The house has been finished for some time but due to delays with Irish Water connecting the development to the mains supply we are unable to snag the property. This has dragged on for months with numerous cancellations/ no shows from your engineers.

When someone finally did come out in may they advised that the mains connection area needs to be moved from where they were initialy told to put it.Again there has been no engagemen from Irish water and no indication when this will be resolved since May.

Obviously this has had a serious impact on not only us but everyone else who was expecting to be getting the keys to our houses months ago. We have had to re apply for our mortgage as a result of these delays and since our landlord could not renew our lease we are a family of 4 living out of one bedroom with a 14 year old boy. Our storage costs have now run into €1000s and to boot our kids are now due to start in a school in september 80km away from where we are currently living.

Since our builder can not give us any answer in relation to this as he apparantly has no idea if/when this is likley to be resolved are you in a position to advise if this is standard practice?

There is probably two sides to this story but i can not for the life of me understand how something local authorities done relativly quickly and easily before Irish Water was formed now seems to drag on indefintly with little or no accountability or engagment from an agency primarily funded by the state. We have no idea where we go from here so i am posting here on the off chance someone can tell me what is going on. I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear this.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number;
    - New connection reference number

Thanks in advance,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amc2019

I’ve been waiting on the signing off of my new build for months in Hazelbrook Court in Churchtown and been advised the delay is Irish water connection. With Covid, there have been delays but now things are back I am not sure why they can’t provide our builder with the 2 weeks notice. Please can you tell me how long it will be so we can plan.
    We were due to move in in March and need to get moving on the property as have currently no where to live. Please help!

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Amc2019 wrote: »
    I’ve been waiting on the signing off of my new build for months in Hazelbrook Court in Churchtown and been advised the delay is Irish water connection. With Covid, there have been delays but now things are back I am not sure why they can’t provide our builder with the 2 weeks notice.  Please can you tell me how long it will be so we can plan.
    We were due to move in in March and need to get moving on the property as have currently no where to live. Please help!
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number;
    - New connection reference number

Kind regards,
    Agata

I am also having these issues, was meant to complete on a new build home in a new development in October 2019 and this is due to Irish Water connection delays - absolutely ridiculous 

Amc2019 wrote: »
    I’ve been waiting on the signing off of my new build for months in Hazelbrook Court in Churchtown and been advised the delay is Irish water connection. With Covid, there have been delays but now things are back I am not sure why they can’t provide our builder with the 2 weeks notice.  Please can you tell me how long it will be so we can plan.
    Hi - did you get any further with this? 

• Advertisement

Fradge21 wrote: »
    Hi we signed contracts for a new build last september.The house has been finished for some time but due to delays with Irish Water connecting the development to the mains supply we are unable to snag the property. This has dragged on for months with numerous cancellations/ no shows from your engineers.

When someone finally did come out in may they advised that the mains connection area needs to be moved from where they were initialy told to put it.Again there has been no engagemen from Irish water and no indication when this will be resolved since May.

Obviously this has had a serious impact on not only us but everyone else who was expecting to be getting the keys to our houses months ago. We have had to re apply for our mortgage as a result of these delays and since our landlord could not renew our lease we are a family of 4 living out of one bedroom with a 14 year old boy. Our storage costs have now run into €1000s and to boot our kids are now due to start in a school in september 80km away from where we are currently living.

Since our builder can not give us any answer in relation to this as he apparantly has no idea if/when this is likley to be resolved are you in a position to advise if this is standard practice?

There is probably two sides to this story but i can not for the life of me understand how something local authorities done relativly quickly and easily before Irish Water was formed now seems to drag on indefintly with little or no accountability or engagment from an agency primarily funded by the state. We have no idea where we go from here so i am posting here on the off chance someone can tell me what is going on. I would appreciate any information you can provide.
    Hi there, did you ever get this sorted? We are in a very similar situation. 

Advertisement