Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling... what help is available.

• 30-09-2020 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

Brief background , since March I have been unemployed, received pandemic payment until May - I was given 3 days of work every 2 weeks, my PUP was signed off and then moved to unemployment assistance €163 a week.

My wife works from home part-time getting paid quarterly €1500 so ...earning €500 per month or approx €125 week.

We have 2 schoolgoing kids.

Since March we have been struggling , the lack of income has caused us to get into deeper debt, at present we are paying all bills, mortgage etc but I don’t think we will be able to next month without any assistance.

I’m in receipt of €163 per week from social welfare, I get paid monthly from my 3 days every 2 weeks of work, which works out approx €750 per month, this averages €180 a week.

Is there anything that we might qualify for or someone we could talk to who might be able to help us, I have tried to get in touch with my local social welfare office, but have been told my situation will be reviewed at the end of September, followed by a letter received yesterday saying my unemployment assistance payment is to be reduced by €13 because of some increase that the government introduced previously - which is now being removed.

Since May my bank account has run into over €3k overdraft....and it’s unlikely I will get out of it anytime soon.

Comments

Advertisement